main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Well there are the Ryn, who I like but as they are presented in the New Essential Guide to Alien Species they are to visibly roma expies.

Beside that there is probably more but I can not remember it right now.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Could you elaborate a little, please? I'm not sure what you mean by "Rome expies," for one thing.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ops, I meant roma expies, I have fixed that spelling mistake now

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, I see, that makes much more sense now. Thanks!

Something totally different: I know you visit the Fanfic section of the forums from time to time. Do you have any particular types or genres of fan fiction that you like to read (and/or write)? Any fan authors you enjoy?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I am way behind in all my fanfic reading - it is on my to-do-list - so right now I can not really say I have any fan authors I overall enjoy.
    When it comes to genres, I think I don't have any really favourite but I dislike stories that take themselves too serious, are to dark or try to be "realistic".

6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    First off a HUGE THANK YOU to Gamiel for being the interview subject last week and everyone who participated in the extended question/answer section after my questions were done. It was awesome to see discussions and so many questions arise!

Now it is time to welcome Zeta1127 to the thread, here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

Corellian_Outrider and Gamiel like this.
  7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    1. Quite simply put, the fanclubs brought me to the EUC.
    2. I became a Star Wars fan by watching the OT in the 90's, specifically the 1995 boxset they advertised as being the last release of the OT in its original format that also contained the Leonard Maltin interview.
    3. Unfortunately, I am not really looking forward to much of anything with the ST, since they are throwing out so much of what makes the Star Wars universe Star Wars to me in order to make these new films.
    4. I don't generally bother with concessions, because it costs too much.
    5. Between pursuing my Master's degree and gaming, I do a lot when I am not on TF.N. I received my Bachelor's a little over a year ago, then immediately started on my Master's, which I am now halfway through.

Falcon and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A few more questions for Zeta1127

6. What games do you play? Do you have a favorite?
    7. What are your top 3 favorite EU books?
    8. Who is your favorite SW movie character and who is your favorite SW EU character?
    9. If you got to write Episode VII what would it be about?
    10. What is your favorite non SW movie?

9. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    6. I play many different genres of games, my favorite being real-time strategy (RTS) games, though I am also rather fond of first-person shooters (FPS) and roleplaying games (RPG). My most favorite game of all time would probably be Homeworld, a 3D RTS game from 1999. My other favorite games include Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Stronghold, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Sins of a Solar Empire, StarCraft, Diablo, Halo, Jedi Outcast, Republic Commando, and The Elder Scrolls (specifically Skyrim so far). I am also watching 0 A.D. and Star Citizen with great interest, 0 A.D. is a spiritual successor to Age of Empires and Star Citizen is every sci-fi fans dream game.
    7. Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith novelization, and Traitor.
    8. I am lousy at picking favorites when it comes to characters, though I am going to go with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Kyle Katarn.
    9. If I got to write Episode VII, it would be a proper follow up to the NJO.
    10. I am also lousy at picking favorites when it comes to movies, though I am going with Star Trek IV: The Undiscovered Country.

Runjedirun and Falcon like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    And now for my final set of questions for Zeta1127
    11. What three planets would you like to visit most in the GFFA?
    12. If you could spend a day in the GFFA where would it be, who would you want to meet, what time period would it be?
    13. What traits of Obi-Wan and Katran make them appealing to you?
    14. What do you hope to do when you finish school?
    15. What is your favorite way to spend a free day?

Anyone is now free to ask Zeta1127 questions. The question/answer period should end on Sunday though.

Announcement: I think this was my final interview. I have no further requests at this time. If other people want to be interviewed I am willing to keep going, but I think that at least for now we have reached a good stopping point. It's been a lot of fun and I have learned a lot about many of the EU members. Thanks so much to everyone for allowing me to do the honors of helping everyone get to know each other better.

11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I just realized I made a mistake in my last set of answers, I meant Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, though I do also like the informal trilogy that is Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. Its very easy to mess up with Roman numerals if one isn't paying attention, which is probably one of the reasons why they were largely superseded by Arabic numerals.

11. Coruscant, Tython, and Ossus, due to their historical significance.
    12. I would visit the Great Jedi Library of Ossus to learn as much as I can, before the devastation of Ossus in 3996 BBY by the Cron Supernova.
    13. Obi-Wan Kenobi, for his ability to let go of Siri, Kyle Katarn, for his toughness, and both of them for their tremendous skills with a lightsaber.
    14. I hope to get into video game development. Though I am probably going to end up having to do something else for awhile after I get my Master's, especially while I go back for the more video game-centric GSP degree, to go along with my programming-related CIS and management-related MISM degrees, which will all be from either DeVry University or its Keller Graduate School of Management.
    15. Gaming, definitely gaming with my brother.

Falcon and Runjedirun like this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you expand?

13. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    That makes two of us.....

If you could date anyone in the EU who would it be and why?
    If you could rewrite any part of the saga, which time frame and why?

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Again... credit where credit's due, these are from Inside the Actor's Studio
    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on?
    4. What turns you off?
    5. What sound or noise do you love?
    6. What sound or noise do you hate?
    7. What is your favorite curse word?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

15. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, considering almost anything could have happened in the post-NJO, other than Jacen Solo being completely rewritten as a Sith Lord and another Galactic Civil War, there are so many possibilities. It would be the antithesis of the Denningverse post-NJO. The Solo twins would face a challenge on their own that would fully establish them as Luke's heirs apparent, the galaxy far, far away wouldn't erupt into yet another galaxy-wide conflict, but would instead face smaller conflicts and possible threats from the Unknown Regions (not the Killiks!). In other words, I don't necessarily know what story should have been told after the NJO, but I do believe that the story we were given was just awful.

I would probably go for Fenig Nabon, for her toughness.
    I would restore the multimedia project as the story of the Clone Wars, because I don't like where Lucas took things with TCW.

I will attempt to answer DarthIshyZ's questions tomorrow.

Falcon, Runjedirun and Gamiel like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?Favourite SW culture and why?

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would like to correct myself: I meant bachelor degree, not masters degree.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002

Where's the "Noooooooooooooooooo!!" button? Thank you again for hosting these and was a blast participating and learning about each other and finding similar interests or learning new things.

A question for Zeta, or two. What would be your vehicle of choice?

I also have to ask this… on that date with Fenig Nabon… what would you both share for dessert?

Mitth_Fisto and Runjedirun like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I really don't know how to answer DarthIshyZ's questions, because 8 and 9 are the only ones I can really give an answer to.

Wookiees, due to their sophistication that isn't apparent at first glance and the fact that they believe in only using their claws for climbing.

Mandalorians, what can I say, between beskar'gam, their combat prowess, and concepts such ba'slan shevla, there is so much to be intrigued by.

It depends on what the vehicle is, and there are so many options for each type of ship. For starfighters, its the X-wing, due to its simplicity and versatility. For larger warships, its the DP20 frigate, more commonly known as the Corellian gunship, also due to its simplicity and versatility. For ground vehicles, its the Canderous-class assault tank, due to being one of the best ground vehicles.

Ryshcate, definitely ryshcate.

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any special beskar'gam design you like?
    Can you expand on what it is with ba'slan shevla that you like?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  22. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Not a special design per se, but definitely the "modern" design of beskar'gam, Mando'a for "iron skin", utilized around the time of the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War by the likes of Jango Fett, Boba Fett, and Kal Skirata, with the Legacy era addition of a gorget to protect against decapitation, such as when Jango was killed by Mace Windu.

Ba'slan shevla is Mando'a for "strategic disappearance", which in its simplest form is similar to the concept of living to fight another day. For a warrior culture, even one as proud and arrogant as the Mandalorians, to understand that they can't win every battle shows just how good they really are.

Another term I am also rather fond of is Cuy'val Dar, Mando'a for "those who no longer exist", which was the term applied to the 100 training sergeants (75 Mandalorians and 25 other combat and survival experts) who were recruited by Jango Fett to train the clone commandos of the GAR. According to Karen Traviss, "the Cuy'val Dar either needed the fee very badly, or they were insanely loyal to Jango, or they wanted to disappear for reasons best known to themselves...and so on."

Gamiel and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    TCW gave the mandolorians a cubistic art stile. Since you ignore TCW so would I like to know what art stile/s you would you have given the mandos?

25. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Well these are tough questions, since I haven't really thought about such things, though I like most people have imagined what it would want to see in Star Wars. We have seen so many interesting cultures already, its difficult to think of any cultures that haven't influenced what is already in Star Wars. I am almost more interested in find out more about relatively obscure cultures in Star Wars, namely the Chiss and the Aing-Tii.

For the fictional culture, I would definitely go with the Huragok or Engineers from Halo, because surely something clever could be done with engineered biological supercomputers.

For the real world culture, I can't really think of one, because all the ones that come to mind for me are already influences on Star Wars cultures, from the Spartans, the Celts, and the Iberians on the Mandalorians to the Samurai on the Jedi.

What else would I chose, the art style Traviss had already established for the Mandalorians in the Republic Commando series, an example being the vheh'yaim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.