main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Cold Case Corellia, movie quote challenge (Kyp,Ben,Seha,Valin,Jysella,Corran and Sith) completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 3, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes what will they learn and at what cost?
    ready for the next chapter?
    Fun and mayhem are coming with the young Jedi getting help from ....
    Yes Sith and ...

Chapter 6

Captain Angela Sanders shook her head with the dancing long red curly hair when she saw the new arrival with his haphazardly donned uniform hurrying through the doors to the forensics department. Jono was always messy, even when not in a hurry. “Crime scenes don’t change that much. You should have enjoyed your breakfast with your wife and son. And the caf is real bad here.”

“Reporters can mess up the evidence,” Jono looked up from securing his uniform-jacket. “I saw the Coronet Gazette transport parked outside with mess-up-the-evidence bugs packing their equipment.”

“Yes and the other news leaches left already after we told them to move,” Angela made a face showing some smile. “The Gazette bugs are the last and were here after a rather nasty case for the night shift and being briefed by the director when the alarms to the archive-vault had them scurrying like a flock of mad Hawkbats to that place. Durana and Flaman are already processing the evidence.”

“What’s missing?”

“Some very old files from Rostek Horn and your grandfather,” Angela saw the blood drawing from Jono’s face when he reached to the wall to steady himself. “One was the Dorsetti case.”

“Sith,” Jono mumbled.

“Sith? Why do you think that there are again Sith involved?” Angela had seen remarkable feats performed by Jono. He sure was taking after his famous grandfather Captain Jono Bel Hana.

“Dad had a diary,” Jono sagged down against the wall. “The last entry about missing terms started my investigation and joining Slojuk. Coming here I read more and one entry was about his dad telling him about the uneasy feeling that remained after the Dorsetti case was listed as suicide. Another entry was made shortly after Palpatine became emperor. Dad made the connection between the visit of Naboo senator Vidar Kim and his aides and the missing holocrons of Dorsetti and Koro Zavala. One aide was Palpatine and he must have been after the holocron. You know what Palpatine and his inquisitors did to my uncle and aunt. My grandfather couldn’t do anything to save his children.”

Angela – eyes becoming liquid with tears – knelt down and patted him on his shoulder. Closing her eyes she saw again the mutilated bones found after a search had led her team to a hangar at the Coronet city spaceport. The hangar had been built over the wreck of a building used by the inquisitors to detain and torture suspected Force sensitives. DNA-tests had identified the remains of Marc and Elvina Bel Hana among the remains of ninety five others. All were tortured to death. “I know Jono. I helped you to track down the remains after your research on the files. I was there when you performed the ceremony on Firwood Lake.”

“My grandfather was there and comforting me,” Jono whispered. “He is one with the eternity. He told me that Rostek saved him and his wife Nicky.”

“By convincing him to retire after the sad news about Nejaa Halcyon’s death,” Angela had a small smile on her face. “Rostek was successful in hiding him and his wife. Your grandfather retired and had a great pastime living unnoticed by the empire until his death. He joined Firwood primary school as a volunteer teacher. His wife Nicky was my teacher. I was raised in Firwood and he got me interested in joining CorSec forensics during his hikes with the school classes. We visited often the old place where the Jedi had their training facility and where Rostek had built his greenhouse and was growing his flower-hybrids. Rostek was there when Jono and his wife Nicky passed away in their sleep.” She saw the smile appearing on Jono’s face and continued “Nicky, she didn’t retire at all. She was giving lessons the day before she died. She was the one getting me interested in growing flowers and with Rostek and his passion…”

“Rostek,” Jono stood up with one fluent move. “We have to see who was here. I have to help Mario and Vince.” He started towards the crime-scene.

Angela followed. Comforting Jono had stirred up more memories about grandfather Jono and Rostek. ‘Each year Rostek came to visit Jono and Nicky remembering the death of their children with a small ceremony. He told me about the birth certificates he changed. He married Scerra Halcyon after Nejaa Halcyon’s death. Valin was made younger and listed as his son. Valin had Rostek’s blood after a stem-cell transplant to save his life. He set up a secret facility in…’

“What could have made that mark? Geez did you ever see something like this. WOW.”

Thoughts interrupted Angela entered the archive-vault to see Mario Flaman with an exuberant smile on his young face grabbing Jono by his hand and pulling him towards the spot that excited him to the extreme. Despite the dire situation she began to smile. Mario was the recent addition to her team, just out of the university and turned twenty-five weeks ago. He was brilliant but had still the behaviour of a child in a toy-shop.

“A torch or a real lightsaber,” Mario continued. “I love to see those things in action.”

“I suspect a lightsaber in the hands of a Sith,” Jono – face now very close to the interesting slash in the lock of the vault – remarked. “But we have to examine the slash to come to a conclusion. The evidence will tell the real story.”

“Sith here. I hope they left some things behind like a lightsaber.” Mario looked this and that way still holding on to Jono’s hand and scurrying across the room with the man before coming back to the door. “Oh man I followed the news on the holonet about Darth Caedus. He was cool. He must have saved the Hapans from the nano-virus with his powers. And those Sith coming to Coruscant and harassing the Jedi and did you see Ves…”

“Mario,” Vince Durana – smiling broadly – interrupted. He was a handsome man with a black buzz-cut. Gentle brown eyes were almost always smiling. He was nine years older and more experienced than Mario but loved to discuss things with the young investigator if he had the time to do so which wasn’t now. “Not again Vestara Khai. She was mayhem in a lovely disguise. And we know you would love to see a real lightsaber but keep to your work. Dust the lock and see if those ‘Sith’ have left any fingerprints. Be glad I did secure the footprints before you did your dance with Jono. And let Jono go and let him determine what’s so important for the Sith to visit us.”

“I will help with the files,” Angela headed to the upended boxes in a corner of the vault. And she smiled when Mario let go of Jono and began to dust the lock.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    “Dad had a diary,” Jono sagged down against the wall. “The last entry about missing terms started my investigation and joining Slojuk. Coming here I read more and one entry was about his dad telling him about the uneasy feeling that remained after the Dorsetti case was listed as suicide. Another entry was made shortly after Palpatine became emperor. Dad made the connection between the visit of Naboo senator Vidar Kim and his aides and the missing holocrons of Dorsetti and Koro Zavala. One aide was Palpatine and he must have been after the holocron. You know what Palpatine and his inquisitors did to my uncle and aunt. My grandfather couldn’t do anything to save his children.”

I will try to keep THAT in mind for my own story. Thank you! [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Poor Jono. Yep, Sith are definitely involved...and LOL at Mario's unhealthy attraction to Vestara. [face_laugh]

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  4. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Ch 4-6

Nice to see how the Bel Hana descendants are doing, in spite of the sad fates of younger Jono's aunt and uncle. Some very grim things must have happened in the Core after Order 66; the account of the hidden grave site from the Empire is sobering. At least he and Arina are alive and well to appreciate Corellia; I'm sure older Jono would have liked that. Got a chuckle out of Arina belonging to the "old folks club", youngster space-elf that she is. ;)

Corran is an impatient patient, but Cilghal knows best. [face_laugh]

5. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I look forward to seeing more of the investigation completed. Please keep me tagged in.

earlybird-obi-wan and Kahara like this.
  6. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Great continuation of the mystery. Please keep me updated.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Palps was a master at getting knowledge
    They are and Mario, you will see
    Arina is a youngster yes. My first fic I wrote was about master Fay and I made an entire species and planet as her back-ground.
    And Jedi? All are impatient patients
    More is coming
    Tag is next

Chapter 7

Valin was in the main cabin of the Azure Angel listening to an old record. It was from his grandfather.
    "While Rostek and my father worked together, CorSec and Jedi, I have used what I learned from my father to work within CorSec. In this way I serve both the Halcyon and Horn traditions."

“Interesting,” Jysella joined her brother coming from the galley and carrying a tray with drinks and sandwiches.

“Yes and listen to this,” Valin called up another piece of the record and hit play.

"The Halcyon family is well known among the Corellian Jedi. We were well respected and many were the tributes to Nejaa Halcyon upon his death. You can find no record of them now, of course. What the Empire did not destroy, Rostek did destroy or hid away—he won't even tell me where the records are, but I cannot believe he would have allowed all traces of his friend to perish. The Halcyons were strong in the Force but not flashy or given to public displays of power. A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way."

“And maybe we can find some of Rostek’s records,” Ben came in.

“The first place to look for those records will be the Cormond Ale Company,” Valin sipped from his juice. “We know there was a break-in in the CorSec archives but studying dad’s old stuff revealed to me that Rostek had most of his stuff stored away at a secret place in that factory.” He rummaged in the data-disks and inserted another one. Listen to Rostek;

Cormond Ale Company and the factory housing it is a booming business and the logo of a horned Kath-hound against a backdrop of a setting sun is emblazoned on the front entrance of the gate. Damai Crenolia – one of the owners of the factory and an artist – had been the provider of that logo before his untimely death. He was murdered by what became known as the battle-droids for the CIS during the Clone wars and only the intervention of CorSec aided by Jedi had prevented a big disaster; the destruction of the entire factory. Rhina Shelly the second owner of the factory had been very grateful and had granted the wish from me to set up a secure place inside the factory. A large hall contains the bottling line and another – even higher – the line where the crates are stacked. That second hall is fully automated and warning signs are posted on all doors – with the air-lock sign – that a fire extinguishing gas – non breathable for life-forms – is inside. The upper part of that hall is a great hangar with an office where I come often…”

“That sounds interesting but our first stop will be Corruul,’ Seha joined them.

“Why Corruul?” Valin began, giving a wink with his left eye to his sister.

“Don’t you know?” Seha missed the exchange between the siblings.

“Uh no,” Jysella was again absorbed by the old records of her grandfather. He must have made them when he was very old. “CAC should be the first stop.” That was said very softly when she took a cup of caf from the tray.

“No caf for me,” Seha shook her head, misunderstanding the word CAC. “Corruul has the CEC and that is my priority.”

“No ale and records are our priority,” Valin grinned. “We are after those and the Sith too.”

“Sith and ale can make a great combination,” Jysella added.

“With Sith I like to come prepared and protected by an upgraded Azure Angel,” Seha said. “No arguments. Kyp has already programmed the navcomp to guide us to Corruul and the Corellian Engineering Company first. He likes to get his hands on the new cannon we will install.”

- - -

Ben was gleaming, eyes glued on the woman above him. He was in the access-tunnel leading to the place where the standard twin-guns atop the freighter had been replaced by quad-lasers. He was holding a tool-box, giving the needed tools a boost with the Force when Seha called for them.

Seha was busy with the last instalment, clad only in her pants, boots and a now rather sweaty tank-top. And she was radiating in the Force a certain happiness. Her Azure Angel would be – from now on – one of the safest freighters to fly. And she was confident that Valin and Jysella – guided by Kyp – would be ready with the advanced hyperdrive, shielding- and navigating systems when she was ready.

Valin was ready with his task and he had offered to make something in the galley.
    And that and the smell coming from the galley had the crew of the Azure Angel hurrying to complete the work.
    Valin was making a chocolate cake and the batter-scraping would be his.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    NightWatcher91

8. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I liked that the smells from the galley made the team want to complete their work faster - cute idea.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum on the cake and glad for the enhancements to the Azure Angel. ;) LOL

Ben and Seha seem to be enjoying their -- teamwork. [face_mischief]

10. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Another great update!

11. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Finding just the right way to construct a perfect hiding place -- yes, that sounds like Rostek. Good at finding secrets, good at hiding them in plain sight. ;)

Nice to see that Seha loves ships and is proud of how she and her friends have succeeded in fixing up the Angel. I don't know much about her other than that she was in the later books.

12. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_rofl]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chocolate is in the next part too

Chapter 8

Jono was in a festive mood. At work he was still busy with the archive-vault case but his wife busy with a test from the pharmacy and asking him to begin making breakfast had him giving his son the beloved chocolate sprinkles on his bread.

“Seven, eight,” Jeb looked up with a smile from his plate where he had been counting the pieces of bread without chocolate sprinkles and separating them from the other pieces. “Eight nights dad!”

“Yes and now start eating those pieces,” Jono took one of the other pieces and began to guide that to his mouth. “Your mother is spoiling you with those chocolate sprinkles.”

“You gave them today,” Jeb opened his mouth “dad here.”

“Ah I was under the impression that you only needed those eight pieces,” Jono started with the piece towards Jeb.

“I need them all,” Jeb reached with his hand towards the piece. “I want to become a big policeman.”

“Sure policeman eat,” Jono gave his son the piece and turned to see Arina coming in with her plate filled with – he looked better and scrunched up his nose – bread topped with chocolate spread, sprinkles and pickles. But those pickles had him standing up and taking his wife – after she placed the plate on the table – in his arms and whispering “you are expecting.”

“I am and you have again to endure my weird food-preferences,” Arina whispered.

“I will get a brother,” Jeb said rather loudly.

Both parents turned.

Arina smiled. “And what gets you the impression that you will get a brother?”

“You eating pickles,” Jeb laughed. “Teacher Sanolo was eating them last year. She had a big tummy. She has a son and is feeding him during playtime.”

“Yes, I have seen her son when I came to get you from school,” Arina stroked her belly. “It can be a little sister for you Jeb.”

“No,” Jeb shook his head “a brother and he will become a policeman too.”

“Eat your pieces Jeb,” Jono said. “I have some time but my colleagues are waiting.”

“You will get me to school?” Jeb started to stuff a piece in his mouth.

“Yes Jeb,” Jono answered. “The first stop will be school and after that I have to go with mommy to the doctor.”

“The baby-doctor,” Jeb nodded. “She will see a brother for me. I will make a drawing for him.”

“Ah you know to which doctor we are going,” Arina laughed when Jeb started on the rest of his bread with a hurry.

- - -

With a fond smile on his face Jono stopped his speeder on a big lawn in a clearing in the woods near Firwood Lake. There was a red brick and grass roofed building blending in the surroundings. An old orchard was the only remaining evidence that the place had been once – many years ago – a farm. Some distance from the building was a grass- and weed covered mass of rubble. They were the remains of buildings used by Rostek Horn to grow his hybrids and in ruins after the Yuuzhan Vong wars.
    Officers – training in the surroundings near Firwood – had the new building as their place to sleep and eat. He had to bring new supplies to the training facility for CorSec.
    Yesterday his superior Angela had requested this. ‘You are living in Firwood and you can use the break. Take some fun-time with your son and wife.’ With that said she had begun to stuff the new supplies in his speeder. ‘Did she suspect something? She has no Dunai powers at all. What will she say when I come to get working on the missing files case and tell her that my wife is expecting? She sure will come with a jar of pickled vegetables, telling me that all pregnant women like the stuff to the extreme.’ With that thought Jono began to unload the supplies and carried them inside.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

AzureAngel2, Revanfan1 and Kahara like this.
  14. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Aw, Jeb wants a baby brother! Too cute!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Too sweet, literally and otherwise. Love chocolate spread -- ;) Will it be a sister or a brother [face_laugh] for Jeb?

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    We will see

In the next part the fun with Kyp and co is starting. As a firefighter I have been to an ale-factory (Heineken in Zoeterwoude) for hazmat-exercises and we got a tour of the entire factory. Some parts got me inspired for the next scenes

Chapter 9

Kyp Durron still tasted the delicious chocolate cake on his tongue when he – seated in the co-pilot chair next to Seha – saw the large factory of the Cormond Ale Company through the transparisteel window of the cockpit. Valin had made enough of the stuff to become desert after a nice dinner and an added delight for breakfast. He was awed by the size and saw the great hangar door where once an entire stardestroyer had been hiding. He had listened to Rostek’s notes after that delicious dinner.

“That will be a great place to explore,” Seha guided the Azure Angel down to a landing. “I have contacted the factory. Director Shelly will meet us.”

“And I hope she will have a crate of Corellian ale for us,” Kyp pointed at the logo of the horned Kath-hound.

- - -

Kyp noticed the knowing gaze towards his lightsaber immediately when the owner of the Cormond Ale Company came to the reception. “Kyp Durron.”

The woman smiled and gave a hand. “Cazzy Shelly.”

“Seha Dorvald.”

“Jysella Horn.”

“Ben Skywalker.”

“I am Valin Horn,” Valin was the last to shake hands.

“And what brings the Jedi again to my factory?”

“Something of our shared past,” Valin replied. “Rostek Horn was friends with your grandfather Rhina Shelly and Garm Bel Iblis.”

“Ah. Follow me. You sure will like to explore the factory. First we have to dress up.” A smile came from Cazzy. “We have to pass a rather noisy part of the factory to get to the hangar.”

Kyp smiled when he saw that she was leading him and his company to a changing room with neatly stacked packages of green coveralls and red helmets. The woman was pleasant and very positive towards Jedi, quite different from what was now current on Coruscant since the Jedi had fled the temple to settle on Shedu Maad.

“Your lightsaber can go there,” Cazzy indicated the pouch on the coveralls. “Rhina was the one to design these coveralls with Jedi in mind after seeing Hems Oilosse testing one of the regular coveralls.”

“Never heard about Hems Oilosse,” Valin said.

“Hems Oilosse was a Corellian Jedi and a member of CorSec,” Cazzy replied with a smile. “And he was notorious for wrecking things. When Rhina took me for the first time to the changing room he told me all about Hems. The man donned the regular coveralls and demonstrated some intricate moves to get his lightsaber. Coveralls came apart at the seams and more. Wrecked.” She laughed and continued “This tale is really old but demonstrating how destructive Jedi can be. Hems directed CorSec and a team of Jedi from Coruscant investigating an attack on Damai Crenolia. One of the bottling lines was in ruins and Damai murdered by those attackers disguised as workers and totally mechanical battle-droids after they were done. So please keep that in mind when we are entering the factory.”

“I wreck things sitting behind the controls of my fighter,” Kyp started to don the coveralls.

- - -

“Yuck, never knew Ale smelled so bad,” Valin scrunched up his nose when he entered the hall where large gleaming vats stood.

“The brewing of Ale is a smelly process,” Ben gave a knowing look to Seha.

“Kyp sure loves to see the process of Ale-making,” Seha grinned when she saw the older Jedi walking to one of the vats.

Their host Cazzy explained the entire process as they walked between two large vats. “Ale is brewed in those large vats and enters through these machines the bottling line. Follow me and be sure that your ear-protection is in place and your com-set is working.”

They entered an elevator which led them to a walkway that stretched over the entire bottling factory. It was huge and three active bottling-lines could be seen with crowns coming in and bottles neatly arranged by the thousands on conveyor-belts that led them to machines where the ale was. It was fully automated and only a few workers could be seen controlling the machines. At the other end of the walkway was an office with large windows with an overview over the plant. “That’s the place where Damai was murdered. We have to go there to catch the next elevator to the floor of the bottling room.”

“Hey,” Ben activated his com. “I see brown bottles on one line and green ones on the other two lines.”

“Those green ones are for Coruscant and are of export-quality,” Cazzy said. “The brown ones are for local use.”

“And what about blue Corellian ale in blue bottles,” Valin enquired. He was glad for the helmet’s sound eliminating capabilities and grinned when he saw the caps being put on the bottles.

“Tomorrow one of the green lines will be blue,” Cazzy replied. “And I have ordered the reception to stash a few crates of the blue stuff near your transport. I suppose you like blue with a transport named the Azure Angel.”

“Yes,” Valin shouted and saw the knowing laugh on his sister’s face and the what-are-you-planning-with-that-ale smirk on Kyp’s.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_mischief] Nice tour with an informative guide.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder how many updates I will miss if I am off-line for two weeks in a row...

But IF I can read some brilliant updates again at my return in front of the computer screen that would be great... :D

19. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Nice to see that they're interested by the inside the factory, apart from their retrieval mission. Learning how things are made is often surprising. Sounds like they'll be leaving with an awful lot of blue stuff (wonder what that tastes like -- blue food is usually weird! :p)

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more is revealed
    Not that much. I won't update that frequent
    The factory tour leads to clues and more

Chapter 10

Noisy, it sure was very noisy when Valin entered the bottling line hall as the last to exit the elevator. He followed in a hurry towards the end of the hall. He saw the bottles passing with a whizzing speed towards the end of their lines where they were packed into crates.

“Rhina told me about the coded messages on the caps,” Cazzy picked up one cap from the floor. “They were used to send messages to the rebels.Selected tapcafé’s and bars served the famous Cormond ale and each time a crate arrived with a picture of the horned Kath-hound in a meadow with flowers, that picture was checked. Was there a hybrid orchid in the picture? Certain bottles were served to members of the alliance who had to visit the dentist.”

“Yuck the dentist,” Valin made a face. “And what did the prodding torturer with his screaming tools do to the poor rebel?”

“Just check their teeth and make a reply with a message coded in a dental stat,” Cazzy replied. “Jetty Panilla and Morrin Miwert – a Jedi saved by a CorSec cell when he was visiting the university on Coruscant during the purge – received those messages. Never knew Jedi were afraid of dentists. According to Rhina the Jedi dentist Morrin Miwert was very gentle. Patients didn’t feel a thing when he was treating them. Your father liked to visit Morrin.”

“He liked it? Huh,” Valin followed the crates on their tracks and entered the second hall.

“He got presents from Morrin,” Cazzy guided her group to one of the cargo-elevators coming to a walkway. “Rostek must have hidden some of those presents in the offices.” She headed to a door.

“Hey this is an airlock and that sign,” Jysella began. ‘We don’t have masks to protect us.”

“That is a left-over from the days that we needed the secure room,” Cazzy touched the door and it opened like a normal door. She entered with the five Jedi following her and touched the controls of the second door.

“This is huge,” Ben said. The bottling room and hall where the crates were stashed had been very impressive for him but this – an entire second floor in the storage-hall for the crates – was creepy in its empty-ness.

“And it’s silent,” Seha looked this and that way. “It looks like a hangar with the big door there at the other end and some offices. What has been hidden here?”

“A Victory class Star destroyer,” Cazzy answered. “Rostek Horn and Garm Bel Iblis designed this place to keep large and small things safe from the prying eyes of the empire. I have seen pictures of the Korua Gem as she was known in the old republic days and fighting in the clone wars. She became the Corellian Falco when the empire was declared and was under the command of one of the officers serving under Garm Bel Iblis. Shortly before the rebel-forces had their battle at Endor she left the hangar on a mission to free slaves and didn’t return. Only a shuttle came back with some misfits wanting to leave their home-planet Moniron.”

“Never heard about Moniron,” Seha remarked.

“You don’t find the planet on the starcharts and navcomps,” Cazzy said. “When I was helping my father to care for refugees during the Yuuzhan Vong wars Rostek visited us after a briefing at CorSec. He revealed to me interesting details about the Korua Gem and all about Moniron, the planet that was difficult to reach in the republic days with manually programmed jumps and a nebula that wreaked havoc to engines. The empire erased it but it’s still there for those who will be guided. The Korua Gem shuttle left ten years ago with a Dunai elder family needing the help of healers on Moniron.”

“Impressive,” Valin sauntered towards one of the offices. “And this is where I will find the screaming tools of the dentist?”

“The dentist is gone Valin,” Jysella opened a door. “Cazzy sure will know where Rostek has stashed Valin’s stuff. There is a toy on the desk.”

“That was one of the presents Corran Horn got from the dentist,” Cazzy came in and picked up the tugboat. “I played with it when visiting my grandfather. Now it’s yours.” She gave the toy to Jysella and opened a drawer.

Flimsies and datapads were soon littering the desk. A viewer was activated.
    The Horn siblings were mostly silent, totally absorbed by the history of their grandfather and great-grandfather.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Chapter 11

“Never knew Valin was that young when Corran was born,” Jysella had the official birth-certificate of her father in her hands. “Nyche was eight years older getting her son.”

“He was actually four years older,” Valin pointed to one of the records. “Rostek – being the ‘blood-brother’ of Valin changed it and numerous other certificates to hide Force sensitives. And here is more. I found out that Rostek was very good in hiding things.”

“He had a good education in hiding things,” Seha had a picture and a framed certificate in her hands. “This is his official graduation certificate, signed by Major Semendiger and his mentor Steve Magaron. Nejaa Halcyon and Scerra were present during his graduation party.”

“My real great-granddad and his wife,” Valin took the picture.

“She is gorgeous. No wonder Nejaa and Rostek befriended the same woman,” Jysella remarked. “Rostek and his friends were very good in hiding people from the prying eyes of Darth Sidious. They altered every certificate. Here are the death-certificates of Scerra and Valin Halcyon. They died in a speeder-accident soon after Nejaa’s death on Susevfi. Rostek married her. Valin became his son and a highly valued member of CorSec. Valin was the youngest man to graduate at the CorSec academy.”

“And this,” Seha picked up another flimsy “is a copy of the last case Rostek worked on before graduating. More recently he must have scribbled these notes in the empty space.”

“The holocron case,” Ben had his eyes glued on the flimsy. “The reactions of Nejaa, Steve Magaron and Jono Bel Hana made sense to him when he knew who was after the holocron. But where do we have to look in Firwood?”

“By going to that place,” Kyp came with a large bag and started to stuff the datapads and flimsies in it. “Rostek left some drawings of the place where he had his greenhouse. And maybe we can visit CorSec and see if they have more data.”

“Ah CorSec, Coronet City, Treasure Ship Row,” Ben gave a wink with his left eye seen by Seha. “We should visit Uncle Han’s places. He told me enough interesting stories about them when I was young and visiting Jaina, Jacen and Anakin.”

- - -

Kyp was the last one to come out through the door leading to the bottling hall when he saw in the corner of his vision a dark shape descending from an opened trap-door in the roof. And that had him grabbing Cazzy’s hand and shoving her back through the door, pushing the bag with collected items in her lap and whispering “stay here. We will take care of that.” He ignited his lightsaber, running with dizzying speed towards the dark shape, shouting “Sith!” He heard more snap-hisses of lightsabers and jumped over a bottling line towards his target, making sure that he missed the bottles.

The Sith – he wasn’t at all interested in keeping property safe – swiped with the crimson blade of his lightsaber through a row of speeding bottles and the line.

Mayhem, disaster, bottles suddenly at the end of a broken line dropped down breaking into pieces and spreading ale and glass everywhere.

Kyp managed to avoid the hail of bottle-pieces and ale and had his lightsaber meeting the Sith’s blade. Sparks flew.

The Sith was strong pushing back with all his power.

Kyp sensed something for a moment.

“We meet again Jedi!” The Sith voiced it with a snarl. “For Vestara Khai. She was my friend.” His blade descended.

Kyp blocked the blow and shoved the Sith back in the growing pile of broken bottles.

The Sith responded with a barrage of lightning.

“Kriff, a living life wire,” Kyp grumbled and deflected the lightning to a support of a maintenance walkway.

The walkway started to swing and tools were tumbling down. The Sith was distracted and Kyp had his change and jumped with outstretched right arm holding his lightsaber and impaled the Sith through the chest. The lightsaber skittered towards the growing pile of glass.

“One down. how many to go?” Kyp ran towards a crate transporting line and used the track to speed towards Jysella and Valin. They were in a fight beneath another trap-door where a Sith had just descended followed by more of his friends.

Ben was engaging four Sith warriors with Seha defending his back. He was near the office where a third trap-door in the roof had disgorged the Sith. Their Sith had been equally disastrous towards the property and a working bottling line had grinded to a halt after a red lightsaber had slashed through the controls.

Sith and Jedi were engaged in a dance to the death.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Kahara, AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked the stories in the first section related to the Horns. [face_nail_biting] second scene - =D= very riveting stuff. :cool:

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's a lot of Sith! Take them down, Kyp! :cool:

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Ben was engaging four Sith warriors with Seha defending his back. He was near the office where a third trap-door in the roof had disgorged the Sith. Their Sith had been equally disastrous towards the property and a working bottling line had grinded to a halt after a red lightsaber had slashed through the controls.

Sith and Jedi were engaged in a dance to the death.

Woah, back from my peaceful hoidays and back in the middle of a fight!

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It's only the beginning
    He does but...
    And what comes after it

Chapter 12

“I could retrieve this from the old database.”
    Brown eyes were filled with laughter when the owner of those eyes – Vince Durana – saw three pair of eyes becoming glued to the viewscreen.

“Rostek Horn had copies and originals of his files at the office in Corm,” Angela started when her comlink started to vibrate. She grabbed it with one fluent move before the thing began to annoy her with the beeping that invariably followed after the silent alert “Sanders.”

We have a situation in the Cormond Ale factory. Fifteen code thousand. Forensics required. Assemble a team and get there as soon as possible. Five suspects detained by our officers.”

“Cormond? Ah. We were just making progress on the case here. I will go. Cormond is getting very interesting. Sanders out,” Angela put her comlink back with the same fluent move. “Team with me, all of you. We have a big case waiting for us.”

“OD on ale,” Mario Flaman began.

“No guesses before you have investigated Mario,” Vince said. “And Cormond, it may or may not have something to do with our current case.”

“No guesses Vince,” Jono Bel Hana had a fleeting smile on his face. He was almost sure that the cases were connected. And fifteen dead persons meant that the five detainees were a formidable force.

- - -

“Someone got away,” Seha Dorvald let go of the rope that had her again in the bottling line hall, now swarming with CorSec security officers from Cormond. She had followed the last Sith using the rope to escape to his speeder and had caught him just before he made it to the trap-door. A swing at his legs with her lightsaber and the Sith had tumbled down to meet the lightsaber of Ben and a quick death. She had peeked out of the trap-door to see an airspeeder sitting there and taking of. How she now regretted not being in the Azure Angel just letting Valin and Jysella getting the belongings of the Horn family. She could have stopped all Sith with one mighty burst from the new quad-lasers before they went down into the factory.

“Who got away?”

Seha looked down, observing the small and rather heavy man with his prying eyes. “A Sith and you are?”

“CorSec Captain Olvar Ekle and you are a Jedi I see.”

“Seha Dorvald and nice to meet you,” Seha said with a friendly voice to counter the rather harsh statement. “I hope we can continue our Jedi-business very soon because the Sith are after something really nasty.”

“Not at all,” Captain Ekle said. “First our forensics team has to determine who began the fight and the destruction of property. Your obvious leader Durron stated that the Sith began but I have my doubts.”

“Cazzy agrees with us,” Ben came nearer, a smile on his face to see Seha unharmed. He had seen her going after the last Sith and disappearing through the trap-door. “The Sith invaded the hall, rappelling down those ropes. Cazzy kept our retrieved property safe. But we will wait for your examiners. I only hope that the escaped Sith was the only one left.”

- - -

Khi Mandrak had to wait for reinforcements. She was the only member of her team to make it out alive. She had been waiting in the speeder atop of the roof of the bottling line hall when the team went in. She had felt the swirling Force moments after the leader made his descent into the hall, intent on getting to the CorSec facility as shown on the retrieved map from the files gathered at the archive vault in the CorSec headquarters in Coronet City.

She had been an archivist, going over the files found in the basement of an old estate on Naboo when the first clue to an ancient holocron was revealed. Palpatine – at that time an aide of Senator Vidar Kim – had craved for the possession of the holocron. She had seen more files. Palpatine had mentioned the fake holocron. But Palpatine torturing a woman to death in Coronet City had her wanting to know more. She started to plan.
    The first part – the theft of the Horn-files – had gone without trouble. But; how could the Jedi be here in Cormond? Was the holocron – hinted at in the Dorsetti file – drawing Jedi like a magnet to Corellia?

“Jedi” thinking about them and saying the dreaded word aloud had her reliving memories of Vestara Khai, killed brutally on Kashyyyk by that dratted Fel. She had been there, making it out alive with her team after hiding in the shadowlands. She would observe the factory and the forensics team. Clues would be revealed. She would follow the Jedi wherever they were going, leading her to the holocron hinted at in the records taken from CorSec. She had to plan and therefore she contacted her lover Nadav Surrat.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Kahara, Revanfan1 and AzureAngel2 like this.