main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Howard the Duck

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Seagoat, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Stoney Jackson

Stoney Jackson Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2014
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I saw the Nostalgia Critic review of it , and it did't look very good for me at least.

3. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Had to pull out the DVD and show it to my kid after GOTG.

She thought it was pretty good.

4. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Tbh it's not even bad at all. It does what a movie is supposed to do, it entertains. It's not like it breaks any cinematic rules or is horrendously boring or something. It's a pretty good movie to me.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002

darth car likes this.
  6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    The movie is not a classic, but it isn't nearly as bad as people say.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    He's baaaaack!

With the new comic title, the buzz from the GotG cameo, the cult following of the movie and the fact that Marvel/Disney seem intent on giving everyone this side of Walt Disney's frozen, disembodied head their own movie, can a Howard the Duck movie reboot be in the cards?

8. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    I used to love Howard the duck when i was a kid. Its been more than 20 years that i don's see it, so...I have no idea how to analise.

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Yep, its very much a movie of the 80's if thats an apt description for it. Maybe its not aged well, but a fun film nonetheless.

mratm23 likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I actually liked this movie quite a lot as a kid and it still holds up well for me and I bought the DVD some months back. I wasnt overly familiar with the character as a kid as I liked more Spider-Ham. Guardians of the Galaxy should've used the voice actor from the original

11. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    My only criticisms of the movie are that the adult content is often too much for a child. The "duck tits" are bad, but the sex club is just as bad.

12. DenOfEarth

DenOfEarth Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    The problem was the comics were intended for adults and had sharp satire and originally this was gonna be an animated film for adults like Heavy Metal, Wizards, Watership Down, Fantastic Planet, Fire and Ice or Ninja Scroll for that matter but Universal wanted a live-action blockbuster by 1986 and it was more the fault of the Universal executive.

13. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Poor Howard the Duck well this always makes me laugh

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  15. chewiethebacca

chewiethebacca Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2017
    LOL! I did not know that Howard the Duck is a Lucasfilm movie. Now it all makes sense! :D

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I own this film, but I haven't seen it yet.

17. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    My dad got it for me on Blu-Ray pretty much as a joke and out of our shared morbid curiosity about it. It was kinda watchable...in it's own bizarre way. Couldn't get myself at present to call it good though.

18. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    It’s even more hilarious when you remember that Bea Arthur was in THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL (to be fair, she was actually the only good thing about that…whatever the hell that Holiday Special was).

As for HOWARD THE DUCK…yeah. It’s pretty bad.

19. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    Now that I think about it watching Howard the Duck is probably better then the Holiday special lol.

Yes Bea was the only decent thing.

20. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Howard The Duck is awesome. One of my favorite 80s films!!

21. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2017
    My brother and I wanted to see it in the theater but my dad wouldn't take us. He sat through a lot of stupid movies with us while we were kids, and in one case that he still gripes about was shanghaied into watching Child's Play 2, but he wanted no part of Howard The Duck. It didn't take long before it joined the rotation of crap movies that old-school HBO liked to play (probably sandwiched between "Leonard Part 6" and "Hamburger: The Motion Picture") and we got to see just how bad it was.