main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh good, I'll finally have my chance to have a Mon Remonda. And MC-40 would be great -- it'd be nice for TIE Fighter to get recognition outside of the Defender, which shows up everywhere.

(also didn't Tarkin namedrop VSDs? So they may also be NEU.)

2. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007

Thank the Maker!!! That Victory looks great, an upgrade from the previous SW miniatures line.:) Can't wait, hope this means a Praetor and an Executor are also on their way among many, many more.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    It was nice seeing the Victory II get this much attention. Maybe Disney realizes it can diversify their merch a bit more than LFL did. ;)

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The models are not to scale with each other - but that's probably inevitable if you want both corvettes and Star Destroyers to look good.

I wonder just how big a ship can get before being too unwieldy? Will their Executors/Assertors/Viscounts etc be about the size of the corvette in the X-Wing game?

5. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I'm sure I saw my jaw around here somewhere....

That's AWESOME!!!!

Sigh. Just when I was catching up on X-wing.

Well, one things for sure, there's at least one company that loves Star Wars...sadly its not Disney.

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Looking at that, the CR-90 is about the size of an X-Wing fighter, with the VSD close in size to say the X-Wing Falcon kit. ISD will likely be the size of the upcoming $40 VT-49 X-Wing model. I'd think that a Praetor will be the large end at X-Wing Corvette size and price point. Maybe Home One at a proper size and about the size of the X-Wing Medium Transport kit.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Do you mean X-Wing or the abortive WOTC One?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What are you talking about? Disney's done more for Star Wars than anything in the past 5 years. The loss of the DH license is doubtless due to Marvel lobbying for it, and the canon reversal is clearly LFL's decision.

9. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    There was supposed to be an EU with that.My bad.

Dark Horse to Marvel is unforunate but we all knew that would happen.

That said, whether is Disney or LFL making the creative decisions going forwards regarding Canon, and planning the plotlines, its been very badly done from what I've seen so far. The Rebel's plot and art looks great, but I know 10 year olds who could write better dialogue than what's been shown so far. I hope that gets improved.

As for the reboot, not going to start on that here.

10. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007

The WOTC one, I remember getting the Viscount/Executor pack and the Executor did not look that great. The Viscount was very nice though. I don't remember the smaller capital ships being all that great either, but I didn't get a lot of them.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I only asked because they didn't do a Viscount, only ISD, SSD and Interdictor.

But they were hit and miss. My ISD was all warped on the bow; the CIS ships were all bendy. The Mon Cals all looked good, as did the Neb B and the Interdictor.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

That`just how they look anyway :p

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    They did a Viscount-class Star Defender that was included in the start pack with the Executor.

--Adm. Nick

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ugh, sorry, meant Victory.

The game was so bad we playes it once.

15. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    I never played that game, but I did try to find all the models. Some were definitely better than others though. I never got to complete my collection though. I should try and do that eventually.

I did however quite like the Viscount.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The Viscount was alright, but the regular Mon Cals were much better. The SSD was absolutely horrific and disproportionate.

The Interdictor was probably my favorite. I had an Assault Frigate too, but it was all bendy. So was my ISD, for that matter. They must've used terrible plastic.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I know! The Assault frigate was a great model, but it was all warped and funky. The Munificent-class frigates were nice. I never got Home One, but it looked strange without its normal blue-gray hull tones.

--Adm. Nick

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Played our first RPG session in a year... Felt good. Went back into it with a very-not-serious almost Adventure Time-level of absurdity in mind (not in the physical aspects of the world so much as the NPC personalities), which was faced by my players with disruptor blasts to civilians and other delights. All this, juxtaposed with the serious downer story I already had written from a year ago, lifted from Cowboy Bebop (searching for a rare valuable plant to cure a little Falleen girl who went blind after the bacterial outbreak in 7BBY) made for a pretty wonderful strange vibe. In the final confrontation with a feared Falleen Black Sun Vigo---Vigo Mortensen---it just so happened that all the male PCs fell under the influence of his pheromones and his beautiful long hair, while the females turned out to be immune (one because she's Falleen too, the other because she was hit with an image of blood and guts and squealing piggies in her mind's eye when she used her Force sense on him). It was so great when one of my male PC's would say, "I want to see if I can possibly fight the pheromones and draw and fire on one of the other guys in the room," then roll and respond, "You try, but instead you kiss Vigo Mortensen on the mouth."

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Played my second-ever game of Talisman today. Didn't realize the game (at least currently) was published by FFG. Would explain the great art though.

I won my first game, and from the look of things I may win this one too. Despite having no idea what I'm doing. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I have a ton of SSB minis. All but the ARC-170 :(
    Bunch of Recusants, since they were like $1.50 online at one point and I was working on recreating the battle of Coruscant. Also I have a bunch of the ISDs, which were popular to the tune of $25 or so each. Helped when they came in a unique cardboard sleeve you could feel through the box :D
    Nick got all my Micromachines, but I'm keeping these/

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The plastic is fixable using boiling water and ice, but I've never tried it for more than a bendy saber.

Praenomen Cognomen likes this.
  22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Some more Mark Molnar Art for the Age of Rebellion books

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Mas Amedda's species (Chagarians?) in a role beyond politics/assistant!
    Still standing at a podium, but whatever.

24. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    ;)
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ooh, Star Galleon and various TIE/XWA cargo ships.

And a bridge crew with ROTS style Imperial uniforms, interesting.

Riv_Shiel and Zorrixor like this.