main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you want in Episode 7 that we've never seen in a movie?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by arrowheadpodracer, Apr 17, 2014.

1. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Joey, good luck staying away from everything so you can be surprised. I've tried that before and I think it's more trouble than it's worth, but if thats your plan, then I hope it works out for you. Personally, I'm looking forward to finding out what became of all those orphaned children who's mommies and daddies died on the Death Stars, but I guess that's just me. ;)

Two more actress castings were announced recently. Maybe this means I'll get my wish!! Bad ass females with lightsabers, PLEASE! [face_praying]

Joseph_Orion and DieWompRatDie like this.
  2. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    What would really be cool is if in the climactic ending, a spaceship flies into the superstructure of the enemies spaced based control center and blows it up.

oh, wait...

I would actually like to see the Yuuhzan Vong. I like to see their society/race/culture portrayed as not evil, but *different*

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The Force for Change contest was won by someone in Denver. Anybody know a DC Barnes?

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

I don't think he's a member of the 501st or RL. I've never heard of him. Anybody want to track him down and see if he a bunch of new SW friends? :D

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I already tried Facebook. Who knew I was a stalker?

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    AHPR - you make a very good and valid point. I hadn't thought about it this way before, but I think you are right. Luke won at the end because of emotion and familial attachment, not in spite of it. If he and Vader/Anakin had followed the traditional Jedi path of no love/no attachments, they would have lost to the Emperor.

So for that very reason, I hope they would be cautious about holocrons. I completely agree that it would be a good way for them to be able to learn more about the force, and I do hope that they are able to find and utilize some. However, I think they need to be careful about the "what not to do" stuff. "Don't do such-and-such with the Force because it leads to a chain reaction explosion that will wipe out a city" is good to know. But "don't form emotional attachments to people" as a blanket statement is perhaps less wise advice. Or at least it seems that way from our point of view and our society. Who knows... maybe we'll find out that 3000 yrs ago the Jedi tried the family-Jedi way and it led to all sorts of bad.

For a new wish topic - I'd like to see Han, Leia and Luke interact with the next generation as parental figures. Not just as people tend to interact in the crisis and drama of a movie... I want to get a real glimpse into what they are like as parents, with a family. We've seen them on the learning path themselves, and as leaders and heroes. I want to see them as more than that.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    T, There are certainly a lot of assumptions/rumors that Han and Leia are parents to at least one of the new cast members. At first it was a daughter, now it's a son, maybe it's both. I don't know which is true but even if they only act as parental figures rather than actual parents, I think you'll get your wish.
    I'm curious to see that too, because Han and Leia certainly don't seem like your average mom and dad team. But Chewie sure seems like he'd be a cool uncle!

FanForced likes this.