main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: A NEW DAWN (September 2014)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    *crosses fingers that he's referring to the bathroom thing*

revan772 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Assuming it was an Imperial-POV scene (which it might not have been) where the term "restroom" was used, I'm disappointed that JJM didn't use "loo." :p

3. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Huh, if this keeps up, this might be another book that I'll end up getting. Like what I'm seeing so far (for the most part).

4. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    My biggest disappointment with that long preview was that it cut off in mid-sentence. Other than that, I'm looking forward to this

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    I would like to share the horrified feelings of everyone else about that thing that Jello posted.

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    The previews made me interested in the plot and setting, good job! I enjoyed the increased sense of cold, mechanical cynicism that pervades the Empire, especially with the Imperial overseer.

I have a question regarding references to EU stuff, particularly history. So far, the "new canon" lore has species, contemporary organizations and locations namedropped, but nothing from ancient history.
    Will there be any in A New Dawn, either from other works or from your own? Or did the Story Group put anything like that on hold for the time being?

7. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Apt timing: my Twitter Countdown touches on something related to your question tomorrow.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If you reply to someone else's post you see exactly what they did.

9. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Oooh, nice. :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When is the twitter countdown?

11. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    At the risk of being consigned to a special place in hell and receiving the hatred of everyone on this board, but..... Does this book come out on Kindle?

12. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    DelRiego likes this.
  13. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    I posted today's Twitter Countdown notes an hour or so ago. I don't post at a set time of day -- it's whenever I get to the machine each day.

14. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Yuuuussss! Although how on earth I could not find that page the first time I looked on amazone I don't know. I should slap myself for that... but I wont..... not yet at least....

15. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Pre-ordered the book on Kindle, and looking forward to it quite a bit.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    With a lot of books coming out on hardcover these days, I don't blame people for going to kindle. The last physical SW book I bought was Plagueis, I think. Reference books are still worth buying physically -- iirc the Essential Reader's Companion came out on kindle and you really miss out on the art that way. It's strange though, because digital comics are done really well but other picture-based books aren't.

Some people are after the bookshelf element. I'm just after the text/pictures, so the move to a digital market makes me happy.

Dante1120 likes this.
  17. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Maybe I'm just a snob, but I really don't want other people knowing the sheer depth of my Star Wars obsession from looking at my bookcase :D I think I can get away with the occasional item of clothing, but owning all those books would get me some strange looks.

18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm gonna start replying to your political tweets with random-ass EU references.

19. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I get paperbacks most of the time; if it's a book I can't wait to read and want to own, I get the Kindle version. If I want to read it but am pretty confident I'll only read it once, I borrow it from the library.

20. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmmm I think I may have found the problem [face_thinking]

:p

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I got the novel and started reading it. I love it so far. :D

Vidian is becoming one of my favourites. I love how he interupts absolutely every single sentence spoken around him. And I fear for any characters around him that I like, Imperial or not.
    I am liking Hera and Kanan from what little I have read about them. Still cool characters. I am excited to get to know them better.
    I fear for Sloane as well, I hope she makes it out. She is an awesome character so far, I think. :)

I am wondering if Depa shows up again in this book, since I only have seen her in the beginning prologue part. I am guessing Caleb is probably Kanan.
    I am only on chapter six so far, but I am loving this book. I will give my full thoughts when I finish.

EDIT: I have no idea why there are three spoiler tags. I tried to fix it but have no clue how or what I did wrong. What I wrote was in the last tag.

22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So DB is an actual character in the prologue? I thought we were only going to have passing mention. Interesting.

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Only for like two seconds; it's a cameo at the most. Can't speak for the entire novel though.

24. Ventrix

Ventrix Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2014
  25. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    A friend got me a copy but I have no idea if he'll mail it before it comes out. He's a bookseller and got it from Del Rey. Hope I get it soon!