main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII... v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthTunick , Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Does anyone know of any forums equivalent to this one for Superman? Specifically regarding BvS? Thanks.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    All the pictures released yesterday were nice to see... however, the brevity of releases of that nature is making all this waiting less "hectic" in many respects (especially in relation to the run-up to ROTS) than spoiler forum's for the PT. Booo. :p

I Are The Internets I already sent you a PM, but I just want reiterate here: Never forget that you've got many people here to talk to, people who are pulling for you.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There are no other forums equivalent to this one. [face_talk_hand] :p

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I PM'ed you a possible fit.

5. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I'm totally digging this new pic. Awesomeness!

[​IMG]

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know that others have said it, but I Are The Internets, DarthBreezy and anyone else, if you guys need someone to talk to, rant or vent at, or whatever please feel free to PM me. I'm certainly not a professional, but I've been in a pretty dark place in my life before and while I can't know exactly what you are going through, I do somewhat understand.

And please know that while we all may not know each other in 'real life', we do love you and we care a great deal about you.

Immortiss, T-R-, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Thanks guys. Means a lot. Hope everyone is having a fine Wednesday.

Immortiss, T-R-, Dra--- and 1 other person like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You as well.

Immortiss, T-R- and Dra--- like this.
  9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

While at an electronics store with a friend yesterday evening, I came across that particular brand of headphones... it's as if they were made/marketed just for me!

:p

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Must be over-qualified. "Wait! You have goals? I'm sorry sir, we no longer have any open positions.".

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I've found regular exercise to be very good for depression and anxiety. Also, don't drink too much; regular heavy drinking decreases the flow of blood to the brain, worsening depression. Fish oil is also very good for the brain. And ginkgo.

These things have worked for me. As well as having an ironic view of life as much as possible. View life as a game -- if you lose once or twice there's always the next day.

RIP Robin Williams. A great talent and a greater man.

TheBBP, Pro Scoundrel , EHT and 2 others like this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to start learning some foreign languages. I know a good bit of Spanish (Can still improve on it though). I have begun learning American Sign Language but would like to look into starting French/Italian/German etc eventually. Anyone have some good books/websites/anything else you can think of? Thanks.

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Going to have to look into it.

15. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    As sad as the news about Robin Williams is, it is opeing up a dialog for some, and maybe moves us one step closer to removing stigmas and improving mental/emotional healthcare (and the attitudes about it) in this culture.

Dra--- and mavjade like this.
  16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I know it's kinda expensive, but I've recently started Rosetta Stone for Spanish and really like it. I got a great deal on it through Groupon, so if you are interested in it, I'd check things like that first.

17. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    It's been a while since I've done any painting or drawing so I decided to illustrate my character from an upcoming pen and paper roleplaying campaing a friend is starting up. It's not all done yet, but it seems that I will finally actually finish a damn piece. Still, wanted to share the progress so far. :D

[​IMG]

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's coming along nicely! I can just imagine what the finished product will look like.

And Force Smuggler another good tool is Pimsleur Approach. I've not used it myself, but a friend has and says it's a really good, and cheaper than RS.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  20. onlyonekenobi3

onlyonekenobi3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 10, 2003
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Greetings.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *deep breath*

OK, it seems there IS an end to the storm that nearly drove me over the edge. Tomorrow, I do my last bit if begging/groveling/pleading for emergency 'assistance'. Due in part to my trusting complacently and some suspected shenanagins outside of my household, my roommate and I were on the edge of being homeless.

I had to grovel, plead, shed tears, had my blood pressure go through the roof, had my spirituality judged and found inadequate, and told that I could get help IF I cast aside my one friend who has stood by my through joblessness and an apartment fire, and didn't say 'I told you he was worthless' when my S/O pf many years suddenly took a powder. The same friend who paid out the money needed to release my beloved deral kitty 'Molly' who suddenly at 10 years old, sickened and had to be released by the vet a week ago... Yeah, just let him go on the streets...we still have to scare up a few hundred, but not the full 1500 in three days any more. Yeah, that and a hell of a lot more, I was very much on the edge.

Mighty ****, it's been a time, and I'm damn tired... but maybe, just maybe, I'll get SOME sleep tonight and get the last of te **** taken care of in the AM.

Love you all you crazy bunch of fellow lunatics - even when your posts an opines drive me bat****, it was and always has been a hell of a ride, and I can't wait to see what happens next...

Dra--- likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    A lot of bad mojo seems to be going around these days, including people I know IRL. I'm no exception but I keep my mouth shut because I'm aware that my real problems are minimal and my main source of unsatisfaction can be removed if I were just to get off my ass and change some bad habits...

Just hang in there, all of you, as has been said - if anyone needs someone to talk to or vent or anything, feel free to PM. We're all in this **** together, anyway :p

Dra--- and Darth Tunes like this.
  24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    So Han & Chewie are piloting an Imperial-cruiser, and Han will be wielding a lightsaber in Episode VII? Interesting, if the latest rumors turn out to be true!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Just don't make Han a Jedi! His new possible outfit looks cool.

DL44Jo likes this.
  26. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Nerd hugs for everyone! *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.