main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-star-wars-episode-viis-villains-revealed

I Like it. There needed to be some Sith like threat. And with the Rule of Two the writers were painted into a corner. And since Lucas invented the Inquistors & never used them. Why not now. Maybe a new Sithlord is lurking around too. Or they are grooming a new Sithlord.

2. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    interesting... i really don't like the flashbacks though, especially because it's usually a lazy way to tell exposition
    and this is precisely how it's described here - oh look darth vader in a flashback and these inquisitors have been around forever - except you know, in those pesky prequels

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.
  3. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    But they needed a way around the Rule of Two. If all the Sith are dead the Order is kind of over.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I wonder how many inquisitors there will be in Episode VII?

5. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I hope more than two. :rolleyes:

CairnsTony and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Old rumour resurfacing, how long before its proven true?

7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    This is already being discussed in the similar "who's the baddies" thread, just a heads up :)

Dak Oolron, Django Fett and TheBBP like this.
  8. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

The Rebels books call the Inquisitors "Jedi Hunters". The term is now canon.

markdeez likes this.
  9. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    A natural progression imo , especially if they're gonna be so prominent in the timeline before ANH.

This is very smart on LucasFilms/Disney's part imo.

They aren't just phoning in the Villains.

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Oh sweet Lord, no. This really is looking like little more than an OT circle j@$&. How about an original idea JJ???

Heck lets just call it:

Star Wars VII: Electric Bugaloo 2 or

Star Wars VII: A New Jedi Strikes Back
    Star Wars VII: A New Hope of a Return of the Empire

Or any other combination of titles.

11. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

So where were these inquisitors during the OT... surely if they were there to hunt down jedi they would've been helping Vader search for Luke - AANnnnnnddddddddddd if Luke was the last jedi, why would they still employ inquisitors?

But my biggest problem is, why would they need them anyways? Vader was the one, with his armies that were to hunt down the jedi, now suddenly he's too busy and stuff so lets give him inquisitors.

just seems kind of ridiculous, something i could over look in a cartoon, but a trilogy in the holy saga, naw

12. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    They really already killed the rule of two in TCW.

darthjj88 and Pasjo_Kynrid like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've changed this tag to Rumor. After giving this some time we might merge it into the Baddies thread, or lock it as needed.

Also, please recall that the "Jedi Hunters" rumor from before was kind of shot down, so we'll see how this version plays out now.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

That's Rebel's job for you.

15. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    To hell with the Rule of Two.

16. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Not really. They went around it with the secret apprentice crap.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

Rebels is gonna tell me where they were during empire strikes back and Jedi is it?

Baron_Papanerd and Dak Oolron like this.
  18. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I knew there would be a flashback scene because Luke would have to explain why he's missing or held captive and the story behind hand/sabre. Plus it'll be an excuse to bring back Vader, albeit, briefly. However, a flashback scene would seem a bit awkward in a SW movie since there hasn't been one before. But I guess there is a first for everything.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    The story group views them both with the same about of sanctity.

Filloni said the inquisitors were out chacing down random force sensatives. Vader was after the force sensative that blew up the death star.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. We are stepping into a larger world.

20. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    If Luke is simply telling the tale verbally, I could work okay I guess (similar to how they did The Tale of the 3 Brothers scene in the 7th Harry Potter film). However, I really don't like the idea of a full-blown flashback sequence, especially one that is a semi-retcon to the OT mythology.

21. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    I really don't have anything positive to say about this particular rumor; so I'll just put a vote emphatically in the 'nay' column and hope we get something good instead.

22. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I forget who, but somebody (apparently with inside info) tweeted several weeks ago something along the lines that the stuff the Story Group has planned for SW going forward was going to give Marvel a run for their money in long format, multimedia storytelling. I think it will be cool to see how closely integrated all these things are, and this may be the first chance to see how well they execute the idea.

TK327 likes this.
  23. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    While I don't hate the idea of flashbacks (yoda did say the force can show you the past) didn't the story group recently say that flash backs have no place in star wars? Wasn't that one of the reasons they did A new dawn as a book rather than through flashbacks within the show?

Dak Oolron and cwustudent like this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    secret apprentice, Plagueis, Bane, ghost
    and an Empire-like threat

25. a_band_maul

a_band_maul Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm calling BS. No way are they introducing flashbacks as a storytelling device in VII. Why do people even bite on this?