main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Koo

Darth Koo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2013
    Han have a bunch of different outfits thought the movies. The first one looks like his outfit on Endor and the second one looks like the outfit on hoth.

2. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    The villain in this alleged concept art looks and sounds a lot like Count Vidian in New Dawn. Is it him? Doubt it. But just thought I'd point that out if it hasn't been discussed yet.

DelRiego likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait a minute. Vader's helmet would be somewhere on Endor.

This can only mean one thing: Cindel Towani is the villain of the ST. IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW!!!

BigAl6ft6 and Abadacus like this.
  4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Nah, it's totally:
    [​IMG]

5. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    So that concept art shows Han in an Imperial uniform. Anyone thought that it might just be whatever government the Rebels formed re-using the old equipment of the Empire to give themselves legitimacy? Same as the Empire improved on existing Republic designs etc.

I'd hate for us not to have the Empire around though, or some variation of it like an Imperial Remnant or something.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You want to see an image off new Stormtroopers in action, well here you go :p

[​IMG]

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    STAR WARS - EPISODE VII: THE HELM OF DARTH VADER

Turns out Vader sired another son. He's quarter-man, quarter-Togruta (yeah, you heard me) and half robot! And he wants his dad's epic loot!

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Badass Digest, the same people who have quoted Latino Review before as a source...

Do I need to say anything else? :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So just *how* much should I unplug my mind until December 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Oh good, there are worse ideas out there than what we saw in the final years of the EU. Makes LOTF or FOTJ seem downright sane. :p

On a side note, I am surprised that we have seen so few spoilers, real or otherwise, about the state of the Rebel Alliance/Republic. I want something. Well, I guess the X-wing counts, but I want more!

--Adm. Nick

12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That SSD could be old, but it has made the Kessel Run in less than 24 parsecs. And boy how much you can smuggle in it!

But the engines hold together with duct tape. Lots of it.

Darth Koo and WMIRTUTSF like this.
  13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    It doesn't show Han in an Imperial uniform, it shows him in a parka with rank bars on his chest, the same ranking he had before. As for the BD rumors, that guy's been blowing smoke for months now and he based the rumor off of the fact that Han was in an Imperial uniform. Also, he claims that the reason Han & Chewie are in an SSD is because Oscar Issac is flying in the Falcon. Except for the fact that Oscar Issac, in a recent interview, said that he won't be filming his part until late this year (he'll have to alternate weeks filming between VII and Girls), when the Falcon set is clearly already built and being filmed in. So, yeah. This is probably coming from the same "source" that said Issac's role would be expanding with Harrison Ford's injury, when they just went and took a couple weeks off instead.

I'll bet JJ is giving BD and Latino Review a whole list of "spoilers" just to keep them busy.

Darth Koo likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm just saying, an SSD would've never hurt Han like the Falcon did. The SSD would treat him right.

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm now picturing an SSD trying to hide on the back of an ISD.

16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    It's like they're trying to one-up Boba Fett flying an ISD in the Bounty Hunter Trilogy. "Welll, well, Han flies a Super Star Destroyer now! And he's also a Jedi!"

17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    If (and by "If" I am meaning, "Ha Ha, this rumour is total trash"), but if Han and Chewie were admirals in a New Republic fleet, then by all means, maybe we'd see them on the bridge of a starship, but I expect that any rumour a "Super Star Destroyer" would be casual fan speak for "Hugeass Star Wars battleship" that could refer to anything large and triangular-shaped, even if it looked more like a Nebula-class or Pellaeon-class.

Heck, even a Star Defender I expect a trashy rumour site would still call a "Super Star Destroyer".

Anyways, about this line:
    What the heck are they on about there? When did Han last use a lightsaber in the films...?

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    It's like how BBC calls any military-type ship a "battleship" and and tracked vehicle a "tank". I bet the comments section on the Holonet is full of people complaining that what they called an "Imperial Star Destroyer" is actually an Acclimator or something.

Zorrixor likes this.
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I guess you forgot the noble sacrifice of the tauntaun. May she rest in piece. :(

edit: An Acclimator? Does it have really good air conditioning? :p

20. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    You're confusing Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver. Driver is the one in Girls.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, the tauntaun, yeah. They were making it sound like he'd been in a duel once.
    Eugh, the BBC... their terminology conventions these days are dreadful. Dreadful.:p

22. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Acclamator, whatever. :p

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't dismiss him so easily, Zor! It took guts to do what he did.

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I see what you did there... :p

--Adm. Nick

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey, Wedge Antilles commanded the Lusankya. Assuming that, unlike the EU, Han doesn't retire from his generalship in the ST, I see no reason why he couldn't command a SSD. He did, after all, command the Mon Remonda in the X-wing series, and a SSD would just be a step up from that. As a matter of fact, in a "what-if" ST fanfic I wrote (basically, what I thought the ST would be about), Han was in command of a Star Destroyer.

That's right, people. I can see the future. Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver for Jaina and Jacen Solo! :cool:

Abadacus and Valin__Kenobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.