main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This thread is stupid. Why aren't we discussing more meaningful topics such as the sex life of the Inquisitor or what their favorite book is?

Sgt Crowfield, Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  2. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Hmm, them being called 'Jedi Hunters' coupled with the non-red blade could indicate no real affiliation with the Sith. If you ask me, they're pretty cool looking but I don't think the villain(s) would be a big enough threat if it were just a group of dark-side adept, Jedi hunters. There needs to be a higher power orchestrating them as them alone can't be more powerful than Vader/Palpatine but they can't be weak enough for Luke to just be able to swat them aside as they'd serve no real purpose as being Jedi hunters.

Maybe they were put into an induced sleep after the Jedi purge as they were no longer immediately needed which would answer the question as to why they weren't present in the OT and now somebody has awoken them and hopes to find Luke Skywalker and make him pay for what he did to Vader hence the rumours of someone being 'in love' with him.

There could actually be something in this which has caused Luke's 30 year disappearance whilst he tracks down these Jedi hunters hopping to keep Han and Leia's children safe from them. In the midst of it all, Luke becomes dangerously close to falling to the dark side as he fears losing his sister and potential nephew and niece. Luke then finds out that DR, JB, Han and Leia have been caught and are held captive by the higher power whereby he frees them by giving into his fears and uses the dark-side in some form or another. Whether that is by killing off the main baddie or killing his minions I do not know as it would be pretty weak for there to be a new baddie in the next episode, no?

Tl;dr I hope the new villains aren't a band of Jedi hunters trying to get revenge on Luke. I hope somebody is controlling them.

3. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Could Imperial Advisors be a link to the Inquisitor's & the Empires revival?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Dra---, Redimet, Django Fett and 4 others like this.
  4. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Bunch of damn illiterate eunuchs!!! No wonder they're so grouchy!

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe the reason why they kidnapped Luke was because they needed his EDIT: OH DEAR GOD I'VE BECOME SO BLIND FROM WHAT YOU JUST SUGGESTED THAT I CAN'T BAN YOU FROM 7SA NOW

Seeher and Pfluegermeister like this.
  6. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Actually you may be right. Those guys were never named on-screen, nor given any lines or reason for their existence.The only thing ROTJ showed was the Emperor talking to them.
    Those guys certainly look like some kind of Dark Side adepts, taking orders directly from the Emperor.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  7. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    There's also the idea that Luke allowed himself to be captured. Imagine this scene. John, Daisy, Oscar, Han, and Chewie arrive on the planet to find Luke captured by Driver, who leads the inquisitors and apprentices. At one point, Driver orders the students to attack, but instead they turn and attack the inquisitors instead. It's then revealed that Luke allowed himself to be captured, and he's been influencing and "training" the students from within. This would end the movie with Luke having some new Jeid students.

Dra---, Rabs and Han Drolo like this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always been curious about them. I'd love for them to be linked to the Inquisitors and have a role in the post-ROTJ Empire.

Dra--- likes this.
  9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008

30 years is a generation. Hell, look how much the galaxy changed from episode III to episode IV and that was only 19 years.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Rule of Two is Dead.

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think the advisers were a bunch of Grima Wormtongues.

12. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Where are these original ST drafts you speak of??

13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Good question. Everyone is referring to these so-called first drafts but I have yet to see them PM-ed in my inbox.

markdeez and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  14. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    We are talking about the ones who are supposed to be 'worshipping' Vader, and not Palpatine, in Ep VII aren't we?

Sadly, I suspect that JJ is much more interested in incorporating Vader at any price, rather than it 'organically' becoming a requirement driven by the story. Not that I am adverse to the use of the iconography, I've always been in favour of that, I just would have liked for it to have been much more subtle than a 'half man half machine' Sith (or Sith substitute) basically donning his armour.

I've already explained... because, if rumours are true, it now transpires that there were 'force users' throughout the Empire in, we are led to believe, prominent positions. So why should it be regarded as an 'ancient religion' (as in outdated) when there's clearly numerous high ranking imperials who use the force and swing lightsabres to great effect?

But to be fair Satipo, you've been critical of some of the logic and reasoning applied to the previous films... so I'm not sure what the difference is? It's not like anything automatically gets a free pass because the director provided a rationale.

15. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Everyone remembers Supershadow, right?

According to the "exclusive" Ep VII Plot summary....

The enemy?

Dark Jedi Shapeshifters

Their goal?

Make Luke and Vader clones....

See, it could've been worse.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    After being mentioned in threads all over in ST threads, these guys just won't die! [face_laugh]

I think there's plenty of scope to link them via Rebels through the OT into Ep VII, what if the Inquisitors have taken over from Palps and rule the Empire council of war and the Jedi Hunters do their dirty work? Its basically the Rule of Two but multiplied, 4 or 5 masters with 4 or 5 apprentices.

Dra--- likes this.
  17. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Probably some fakes people don't realize that they're written by fanboys.

markdeez and Darth_Corvus like this.
  18. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

I meant in the sense that people are asking as if they haven't been given an answer. I am saying here is the answer. If people don't like that answer that's fine. RE: the cyborg - I don't know. Worship/ obsession isn't always a two way street. Maybe Vader shut this pyscho out. Maybe this specific pyscho was only a kid when Vader was around. We don't know how old the character is supposed to be. Maybe the cyborg's hero-worship took place after Vader's death in the same way you still get Nazi nut-jobs idolising Adolf Hitler. I'm spitballing and I don't have all the answers for all the issues. RE: Vader - that's your take on it. I don't feel so cynical towards JJ so I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but if it was a director I wasn't a big fan of I would probably feel similarly. Also, I like the idea so of course I'll go easier on it :)

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    That goes without saying.

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Have you guys seen this article? It claims that while some of yesterday's rumors (like the stormtroopers and Darth Vader flashbacks) were correct, others, including the whole idea of inquisitors as the villains, are completely wrong. He was told that the villain, Adam Driver's character, is not robotic in nature at all.

I'm not sure what to believe really!

Claire1976 and Redimet like this.
  22. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

If something like this did happen I think I would have to stand up and cheer.

23. nld3

nld3 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I'm having a hard time with this Cyborg Sith rumor. He would be to much like a copy of Vader & Grevious.

24. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I wouldn't worry about it. There's clearly a stack of details we don't know and if there even is a cyborg, they don't appear to be the main villain.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Regarding Vader:

They marketed the heck out of Vader for ROTS and he was in two scenes and did nothing (after Anakin burned that is).

If Vader showed up in a cave or a dream, they'd have enough fuel to re-market him.

And a heavily damaged Vader mask/helmet could be incorporated into the new villain's headpiece that could be a very advanced, more threatening looking version of Vader.

The Inquisitors already have a very Vader-esque looking body suit. Imagine a combination of Vader and that dude on the cover of The Star Wars comic from Dark Horse. There you have a pretty BA villain if you ask me. It's different enough to distinguish from your run of the mill cyborg used in every other movie.

Why aren't the Inquisitors in the OT (besides the fact that they weren't conceptually invented yet)? Simple explanation to that which has been used over and over again and makes sense. While Vader and Palps were aiming at Luke for personal reasons, the Inquisitors were out hunting down any and every Force sensitive individual around the galaxy. Rebels could explain how the galaxy was not completely eradicated of Jedi or potential Jedi so they were rendered busy.

Using the Inquisitors is a clever move because it expands the market for the Rebels characters. Perhaps one of the new characters is an offspring of someone in Rebels that becomes very popular.