main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #18: Empire of One, part 3 (of 3) - The Final Dark Horse Star Wars Comic

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Jul 31, 2014.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's the title of the last TPB- all the others have corresponded to the story arc titles.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Umm...

Ania says "Grab Draco's comlink!"

...Is Draco dead? :(

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If he is, good riddance to the blowhard!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Couldn't resist to read the DH preview like in some of the good old days. So many last ones this time around!

Strangely, I got the impression from the last issue that this might happen since he made such a huge fuss out of Marasiah's safety. Would definitely give some additional motivation to Ania's relative to join the front line. But he could still just be unconscious. Or in an Ewok trap.

I agree with Sinre (ok, this could be a first ;) ) that this could be a merger between the Jedi and the Imperial Knights - resulting in the IK moving over to traditional colours and leaving all that Corran Horn Memorial Service behind.

Then again, it was probably artistic oversight and might even be corrected in the TPB. If not, we should get a clarification in the next Official Source Book!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Eight days to go...

... Though I'm waiting for the TPB...

... we are getting one, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    October something.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Phew

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed. I was pretty worried about that myself.

anguirus2003 and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Final trade is due November, but if you buy from a comic shop you might get it earlier.

Soon, Volume 3 should be on its way to me.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Two days to go until the end of the Expanded Universe...

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Did you have to remind us all Sinny?

What are you - some kind of sicko?

12. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    So...question about Legacy II ( which I have yet to read properly). Does it conclude the stuff with Darth Nihl and Talon?

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Unless they appear in the last issue, nope.

14. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Sonnuva...really? :(

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Really.

16. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Expanded Universe will live on in our hearts. As long as a single fan of the Expanded Universe draws breath, it will still exist.

Plus, you know, Fantasy Flight. ;)

17. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    The EU may die, but it will give rise to a new EU, one that's customized by me, which will be far superior to any other interpretation of canon. Well, I guess I can't preserve the NJO, so that's upsetting.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well...

... If Episode VII takes place 30 years after Endor, as our most extreme rumours suggest...

1. The pre-Episode VII events take place from 29 ABY to 34 ABY at most
    2. Jacen is off sojourning
    3. Jaina is off in the Unknown Regions with Jagged
    4. Chewbacca is back but not around whenever the EU sees the cast
    5. The GA can be interchangeably called the Empire or Republic depending on the status quo of Episode VII
    6. Dark Nest takes one year
    7. LotF takes less than a year
    8. FotJ takes one year
    9. Legacy is so far off in the future it's not relevant for now

This leaves everything from 34 ABY dealt with bar three years which can probably be fudged. I could follow the incorrect references in Betrayal and move LotF for example.

So that fixes the old and new canons in my mind, for now ;)

19. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

Last page: They got married and opened a punk-themed* cupcake shop.

*goth

20. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    In Star Wars, surely the correct sub-cultural trend would be called a jizz-themed cupcake shop?

21. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Those two don't appear, but it does directly deal with the end scheme of the One Sith as a whole from the end of the first volume (them going underground to infiltrate galactic society).

22. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    What happens? Please someone tell me.

23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Jason's Warfare endnotes aren't finished yet, baby!

I would have a lot of trouble working up the courage to order vanilla at that place.

24. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Is this issue out now?

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    The digital version is out, and just bought it. Probably the last digital issue I'll rush to buy for a very long time. Wah, its over! :_|

Honestly, the issue/series ending itself is somewhat simplistic and a somewhat rushed ending, but oh well, I can't fault them for trying to wrap things up, they won't get another chance and I doubt this era will ever be updated again for a very long time (if ever).

Looks like that really is it for the One Sith, according to characters' comments. No familiar Sith faces, but whatever, if they're gone, they're gone. With the Sith gone, Marasiah takes the chance to reorganize things a bit, though sadly still no mention of the Jedi or Stazi. More than anything else this series didn't really portray the new Galactic Federation Triumvirate in much detail (the Jedi especially were neglected), but oh well, at least they're not evil.

And at least Wredd's plan now makes sense. I'm tired of those stories where characters fall and become the thing they hate and then just keep on acting evil... here, Wredd still remembers what he hates.

Still like Ania a lot, a great fringe character, though nothing about her family history, but oh well, keeping things simple is fine too. A rushed ending, but I don't mind it too much, Volume 2 didn't have as many plots or characters as Volume I did and there are external circumstances. I still loved this issue and this series and the art was quite good, though some panels looked a bit different/off than usual, but otherwise still a decent finale.

So that's the last Dark Horse Star Wars issue, ever. And basically the end of the old EU too, basically (short of swtor and maybe FFG). Thank you to Dark Horse for years of quality Star Wars stories, if only it could have lasted longer. :) =D= ^:)^ Now excuse me, but back to crying. :_|