main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    I think some of you only cease to believe an article when another article debunks it. Try thinking for yourself, bear in mind tabloids are definitely not a hive for truth.

2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

Supershadow. I remember him. He was a . . . [face_liarliar]

3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Well I would say that this article means game over for this silly rumor thank goodness.
    http://thisisinfamous.com/sorry-to-rain-on-your-star-wars-episode-vii-rumor-parade-but/

4. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Not really. That report is no more reliable than the original rumor reports.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    As far as I know Infamous has a much better track record then the websites reporting this stuff.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
  7. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Idk but I know Infamous is more reliable then Latino Review who puts out fake news all the time claiming its legit.

8. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    My bet is that if the Cyborg is anyone it would be the rumored old student of Palpatine (played by Serkis and voiced by Sydow) and, as the rumor states, he'll be overshadowed by his apprentice 'Darth Driver' (who is the real main villain of the piece).

Synthesizing some of the other rumors and denials, I wouldn't be surprised to see Han in command of a Star Destroyer in the film... with the Falcon down in the hanger bay. Oscar doesn't own the Falcon, but he gets to fly it during the film (perhaps because Daisy needs to get somewhere in a less conspicuous manner than a Star Destroyer) and the answer to whether he's a rogue or a military man is that he's an Alliance/Republic Intel Officer who we first meet undercover as a rogue.

Heck, let's have fun with it and throw a bunch of stuff together. The opening crawl establishes that Boyega is defecting from the Empire with important intel and he's meeting Republic agents on [insert desert planet here]. We cut to his ship under attack by our baddies and he gets out a distress call before going down. He's found by Daisy who pulls him out and gets him to safety before the Imperials show up led by Driver. Daisy and Boyega make it to the space port where we're introduced to Oscar, an apparently smuggler who helps them flee aboard the Millennium Falcon. As they leave orbit a Star Destroyer overtakes them and pulls them aboard... only to reveal the entire thing wasn't what we thought. Daisy and Oscar (who were just borrowing the Falcon for the mission) were not these seemingly random echoes of ANH characters... but the very undercover Republic agents that Boyega was planning to meet (their mission being to bring Boyega and his intel safely to Daisy's father, Admiral Solo).

Oh, and that vital intel? Something about a lightsaber...

9. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  10. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014

I actually like this scenario a lot. I think if we initially encounter Isaacs as a scoundrel, something like a Han 2.0, who then turns out to be a prim and proper Republic officer serving under Admiral Solo, we would get some amazing chalk and cheese scenes from Han and his uptight underling, especially watching Isaacs piloting the Falcon. So many possibilities...

kaustin7 likes this.
  11. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I'd trust Billy the Kid from Infamous. He was fired from AICN for being too honest for Harry's tastes. Not saying that he is 100% correct, but I give his word some weight.

12. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    No, he doesn't. That is an inaccurate assessment.

So far, his schtick seems to be to wait for someone else to report something, and then the next day say he talked to someone and that only part of it is right.

If your ONLY claim to fame is that Harry Knowles thought you couldn't cut the mustard as a writer, I'm not sure that's necessarily a positive.

Dra--- and TK327 like this.
  13. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Lol true but I still think Latino Review is full of **** and I don't trust any of these websites.

14. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    A level of distrust is healthy, sure, but at some point you have to allow for the possibility that some of it is going to be on the mark otherwise there's literally no reason to pay attention to anything on this side of the forum.

Darth PJ, TK327 and Dra--- like this.
  15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    So...Andy Serkis as a Mon Calamari? (or not)

Again...where are the new original creature features?

16. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    Isn't the first thing everyone saw a couple months ago a goofy puppet camel thing selling space turkeys?

17. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Claire1976 and vinsanity like this.
  18. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Those are neat (especially Bob) but we can only hope that Bob is central. I hope he is! Too cool not to be!

Claire1976 likes this.
  19. Bobby Roberts

Mar 24, 2014
    I thought the fandom had decided to call that thing Hogsquattle?

I'm not up on the pig-monster-thing's fandom.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Darth PJ: You make some valid points, but let me tell you why Inquisitors, or something like them, doesn't bother me.

1. I think it's a kind of bad nostalgia (some is good, right?) and unrealistic to want zero revisions or inconsistencies (impurities) from a series of movies made over 30 years ago. The new writers want to continue the world, but to do that they need to be able to grow and change it. Almost any addition is going to create some sort of impurity. But if you understand impurity as an inherent part of adding on to a franchise that wasn't perfectly planned out to begin with, then it's to be expected rather than feared or unwanted.

2. Even with the expected impurities -- which should be less now with the Story Group planning everything new Marvel style -- they can still be reasonably explained. For example, Tarkin is referring to the ancient religion of the Jedi, not the Sith. He was talking about Vader's sensing Obi-Wan. That line doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Sith or Inquisitors. As for Motti, why should we believe he speaks for all Imperials? Maybe he hates people like Vader and the Inquisitors because he's biased or jealous? Furthermore, there's a distance between the narrative Truth and what characters know and believe. Motti and Tarkin aren't synonymous with the author's voice, that is, the narrative truth.

3. Having Vader play some thematic or iconographic part in the ST isn't inherently inartistic. In fact, it may just be the opposite. The first six films were framed as the story of Vader, yes? That means Vader should have some legacy moving forward, and it should be an important one, IMO. It's a completely organic narrative connection; it comes directly from within the story.

4. Why would Vader send Inquisitors after Luke when he's the one going after Luke? Filoni makes it clear that the Inquisitors only handle small, specific problems, not large ones. Palp and Vader handle issues like Luke, Son of the Chosen One. Also, the rumor only states that one inquisitor is obsessed with Vader. The rest of them might be loyal to Palpatine and try to bring Luke to him, interfering with Luke's plans. Further, someone else stated pretty nicely that Vader sends bounty hunters after Han and company. Maybe Vader can sense that Luke isn't with them, but that capturing them will draw Luke out. Hence, no need for Inquisitors.

5. Also, I think in general the Inquisitors can be seen as a covert force. Palpatine and Vader only use them to get rid of a particular threat. They aren't used for regular military objectives. They're sort of like the CIA or NSA, but with a religious focus. This means many Imperials, even high-ranking ones, aren't supposed to know who they are. And another reason to keep them out of battles is because they're supposed to ensure the survival of the Sith. Hence, you wouldn't want them all on one Death Star or ship at once. Finally, there might only be a handful of these Inquisitors at any one time. Hence, it's not like they're as visible as stormtroopers, or even Imperial officers.

21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Ham Solo came from these forums, which I like better.

Krueger, ifleninwasawizard and Dra--- like this.
  22. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I am not saying it isn't a possibility or that I'm not prepared for the possibility but I am still hopeful that these rumors turn out to be false because I am not a big fan. Does that mean I wont discus the rumors or not go see the film at midnight if these rumors are true? Of course not I am super excited for these movies and have faith in JJ and LK!

bobbyroberts likes this.
  23. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Ham "Hogsquattle" Solo

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Dra--- likes this.
  25. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4