main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Too many EUs around these days. And Cad Bane likely contradicts all of them.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, I'm going to have to see an example before I judge either way. Good to hear they're finally overhauling regencies, though.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Still want non-feudal government types though. Especially for the ERE. 867 was bad enough, but a feudal ERE in 769 is beyond unacceptable.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Mod double posts are THE WORST.

Gamiel likes this.
  5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    It's okay when Jello does it; it's the message board equivalent of the royal "we".

6. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Lugija thinks that is a grand idea.

7. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Lugija thinks that is a grand idea.
    Edit: you are not going to believe this, but this was an accident. I blame Tapatalk.

Gamiel and CooperTFN like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've been getting double posts on tapatalk all day. And worse, it's not even due to pressing the button twice -- it just takes forever to post and when it finally does, it makes me look like some n00b.

First they take away my Latin manual sig, now this!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been having issues on my iPad since last night and I use Safari. I was on my phone briefly with Tapatalk and I think I only posted once but didn't have a problem. I also made maybe one post on my desktop earlier with no issues.

I wasn't sure if my router needed to be rebooted or if something was up with the boards and mobile devices.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  11. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I love Havac.

Havac likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I blame the Empire

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Your faith in your friends is yours!

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Carrie Fisher was great on the Last Leg tonight.

15. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    It's a stark fact that continually reasserts itself.

16. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    That...actually didn't fit at all in the context. :p

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Friends don't let friends use Tapatalk HD.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That's your uncle talking.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
    - Francis Wayland Thurston, The Call of Cthulhu, by H. P. Lovecraft

[​IMG]
    In October the stars will be right over Stockholm! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

for more information: http://www.shplf.se/

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Ooo, Assassin's Creed: Rogue sounds fun. Not least because it'll be a while before I go next-gen, and it's for the 360.

Playing as an assassin-turned-templar? Moar Haytham involvement in the plot? Yes please!

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I keep seeing all these new Assassin's Creed games and... hmm, they look fun again, but I basically gave up after AC3 as I didn't enjoy all the "I'm a pirate now!" stuff in AC4-- and still haven't ever finished it.

But then I'm one of those people who enjoyed AC1 and much preferred when it was about sneaking about... rather than having a giant warship and getting into naval battles, which just felt like they were trying to be Pirates of the Caribbean.

22. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Eh, they can't make a pure stealth game every year when they're competing with stuff like Dishonored and Thief at intervals. In those situations, the exciting-new/rebooted-old game always beats the annual title.

23. Kylun

Kylun Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2008
    I'm just going to pretend the lack of a PC version was on oversight of the article. Yeah. That's the ticket. [face_dunno]

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    AC was never pure stealth, anyway. It was "bit of social stealth for positioning then PUBLICLY EXECUTE THEM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND RUN AWAY".

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Pfft, that depends how you played it... not all of us charged through the city knifing everything we saw. :p

I always kinda wanted an option akin to Metal Gear Solid Extreme Difficulty that gave you a Game Over if you were detected-- the same thing would have made sense for an assassin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.