main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The All-New Senate All-New Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I on, the other hand, would encourage you all to come join in with ideas bout how to make a successful merger. Just like, entirely contrary Lowbacca's quote below suggests, you were welcome to join in on the discussions about what to do with the Senate in the first place. I'm not sure why so few of you chose to participate. Regardless, though, see what threads look like once new rules or published, or at least check some of the more recent discussions in the JCC (I can provide recommendations upon PM request). I'd seriously disagree with Lowbacca's characterization of them being heavy on ridicule, and light on points. That may have been the JCC at one point, but I don' t think it accords with the present reality.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I know when I hit Amsterdam, with all the businesses named after my family, I felt very at home. I see you've done it for Jabba too, Watto. God but the Dutch are welcoming.

(I proudly display an NL sticker on my car and have a spare for the next one. Which will likely be an Audi TT :D)

Jedi Merkurian and SuperWatto like this.
  3. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Jabba-wocky - nice to see you've finally decided end your self-imposed exile and post in The Senate Floor again. :p

4. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    ender's last name is NLTT

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Thanks, Champ. I just had to honor my vows before I could come back.

Champion of the Force likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ok for some reason I can't turn off mobile site Fasebooks which is so goddam Apple so I will post the pic later. Unless SuperWatto can link to the picture from my FB?

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I don't know how to do that... would you settle for this?

[​IMG]

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    YES.

SuperWatto likes this.
  10. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    When I was an exchange student in Germany we spent a week in the northern part of the Netherlands near a town called Sneek. I got the privilege of taking the sailboat up thru the canals from another town 20 miles away. We spent all day on that sailboat trawling thru the canals till we got to a big lake and the campsite. It was cool as hell. There was just me and another exchange student and our teacher and the owner of the boat with his son. Middle of July. We even stopped for beer and French fries with Mayonnaise. Such an awesome time. Windy as hell though. You need a wind breaker despite being in the hot sun. It was weird to be going thru the canal with cattle on both sides and farms all around. Driving to the docks was cool cause we could see the tops of the sails as we passed thru the countryside. It was weird and out of place. All flat but you could see only the tops of the sails.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Yeah, the Netherlands is a cool country. We went there to visit a childhood friend of my dad when I was younger. Saw Amsterdam, Rotterdam and the Hague, and my dad's friend lived in Gouda, which was also nice. Very picturesque. I remember windmills, tulips, canals, fries doused in mayo, and Moroccans. All the things that make Holland Holland, am I right? :p

12. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Don't forget regular Amstel. Can't get that even in Germany. We had to buy a mini keg with us and bring it back with us to Germany.

13. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    For those interested...
    It's been a while since I've been here. Lots of life happening. I think you all know that I'm remarried.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I've got a new bike suitable for a passenger. Kimmie loves to ride!
    [​IMG]
    And I have a Great Niece, Paige, and a Grandaughter, Tinlee! [​IMG]
    Tinlee and I are very attached to each other. She is the light of my life! She and "Paw-Paw" have a lot of fun! [​IMG]
    I'm so insanely happy! What a long strange trip it's been![​IMG]

14. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    You've been through the ringer J-Rod. No one deserves a happy home life more than you. Congrats and best wishes for you and your family.

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Enjoy your well - earned happiness!

Rainbow Knight Star and J-Rod like this.
  16. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    You guys are too kind. Suddenly I feel like I was being douche. I hope this didn't come off as bragging. I definitely don't intend to brag. But a lot you guys have seen me at my absolute lowest. I wanted to make sure you knew that I was able to walk out the other side.

17. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Having the resilience and optimism to start again - I admire that a lot. Plus the photos are adorable

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, everybody.

I had no idea where to start in this forum, so I thought here was a great place. I'm just lurking in other threads right now.

:)

19. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    This is the studio where I record my horrible little podcast.
    [​IMG]
    And my Game Room! Going from left to right just inside the door. (It's small)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And more of the grandaughter!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Darth Tunes and heels1785 like this.
  20. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    It's been a really long time since I logged on here and I thought I'd stop by the Senate and see how things are going. Wow, this place is dead.What happened?

In any case, congrats J-Rod and hi to anyone that I used to spar with way back when.

J-Rod likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Holy ****, Vezner!

22. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Oh geez, it's Ender... *blood pressure rises*

JK :p

It's good to see you Ender. Just in browsing through the threads, you seem to be fairly active. I thought you had left years ago. I hope life's been treating you well.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    What does everybody think of David Gregory being ousted as host of Meet the Press? Seems kind of sudden and a bit callous on NBC's part.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Wow, Vezner. It's been... quite a while, it seems like. Lots of old Senate regulars coming back - very nostalgic.

25. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    Yeah, I'll be making a point of hanging around for a bit. Honestly it's the hype for the new Star Wars film that made me think of the JCF again and I wanted to see what all of the fans have been saying. Since I enjoyed debating in the Senate, I figured I'd see what was going on these days. It certainly does seem to be dead these days.