main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Really the Hardeen story is filled with wasted opportunities and plotholes. Like if you want Obi-Wan to be under cover then fine but why make it so secret from Anakin just because you don't trust him? That puts more emphasis on you guys not being good at your job and why he doesn't agree you're setting a good example for yourselves here. And the elaborate idea of faking Obi-Wan's death is just dumb because they know this will set Anakin off they know his emotions are unbalanced so why do something that would cause that? They could have given Obi-Wan any damn story and Moralo would have believed it why was it that he had to kill a Jedi? And Cad Bane was kind of useless in the story and as a final outing for him in the series it wasn't good for him. Maybe the bounty hunter arc would have been better I don't know hell that should have been this arc. Why would Dooku gather all these people only for half of them to end up dying in this Saw type game Moralo set up? He could have just picked the best bounty hunters he knows and just send them off no point causing pointless bloodshed to half these characters and some of them had cool designs and I wanted to know their back stories but they are just shoved to the side. What if all the bounty hunters just happened to die what would he have done then? I don't know this wasn't very good there's a reason why Season 4 is the weakest season at least to me or maybe others think differently what is the worst/weakest season in your guy's opinion?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's what happens when you're dead set on causing distrust between Anakin and the Jedi Council. All other concerns get pushed aside and the result is contrived.

It's just so transparent from the get-go. Everyone knew what was happening because they didn't even build to it, they literally just started the arc with "Jedi Council does something unnecessary and specifically sketchy in regards to Anakin and without good reason". For some reason the Jedi Council continues the charade for far longer than they have any reason to, you know, other than torturing Anakin for some reason, because the Jedi Council is made up of trolls. Friends and Enemies is such a tedious exercise. "Oh Anakin is mad at Hardeen but he doesn't know Hardeen is actually Obi-Wan watch them fight lolololololololololololololol".

I don't tend to appreciate contrived behavior, especially when it doesn't result in anything entertaining or even interesting, and I don't consider it a rightful moment of Anakin's skepticism in the Jedi Council because it was a straw man Jedi Council.

It's just an another example of putting the cart before the horse, like in the S5 finale arc.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not sure the Jedi Council we saw in the PT would have ****ed around with Anakin's emotions that way. "Let's make sure Anakin cries so the bad guys will be convinced that Obi-Wan is dead." Really?

Typical though, of "highlighting the flaws of the Jedi." No Jedi Master we saw in the movies would have covered Ahsoka's ass the way Plo did in the Citadel arc either.

The Box was just pointless. I suppose bounty hunter fans liked it.

Obi-Wan going badass villain in prison was kind of cool though. Not very Obi-Wan but worth suspending disbelief.

But...thinking about it now, late season 3 or into season 4 is when the arc problems started showing up. Hardeen could have been 1-2 episodes. OK, you guys kicked Anakin and made him cry, ruse is over, go back to your drinks. Or do something safer than poke Anakin, like drop several thousand credits of Jabba the Hutt cargo and call Jabba a smelly fatass when he asks for it.

But the Jedi's flaws weren't highlighted enough I suppose. And they needed an arc, and the droids in the desert weren't designed yet.

Starwarsfan9000 : Season 5, hands down, is the weakest. I've ranted on that final arc plenty.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Best seasons were 4 and 5. Best production of the episodes and most interesting stories. Season 6 did not feature enough original characters: Ventress, Ahsoka, Rex, Cad Bane, Hondo, etc. and suffered. Ventress was great in S4 and 5, only wish she showed up more.

Clone Trooper Rex and cwustudent like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I enjoyed season 4 for the most part.

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Season 4 and Season 6 were the best IMO, I enjoyed every episode in both save for the aforementioned Crisis on Naboo. Season 5 is up there too, but the droid arc drags the whole thing down for me. And after rewatching it a few months ago, I don't exactly look favorably on the plot-hole ridden, inconsistent mess that was the Fugitive arc either.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Clone Wars movie came out 6 years ago to this day. But that was actually yesterday unless you're Pacific time. Celebrate six years of fandom whatever you liked in the six years.

8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Season 6's Clovis and Windu/Jar Jar episodes werent that good and I do not think they advanced the mythos. The Frangawl Cult didnt interest me and they came off not as menacing as they should have but as comic relief even in their designs. Atleast in the temple of Doom you can get a sinister impression off the Thuggee cultists and their leader. Just looks like they dropped Talzin in at the last minute to spice things up some as the writers themselves got bored and didnt know exactly what was going on, was like who cares about these guys lets throw in Mother Talzin.

I think the Clovis arc would've been better had attempted to try and connect him to Sidious's master Plagueis, like maybe he was the adoptive father and he was a threat to Palpatine in some way, something interesting but it was bland storyline - just a waste of resources and time episodes imo.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I honestly liked season five the best, with the second half of season 3 and season one close behind it. :D

#mortistrilogy

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Clovis arc in season 6 had Anakin beating up Clovis, which made it good.

As far as the Mace/Jar-Jar arc, even as someone who thought Jar-Jar was annoying when TPM came out, I thought the obvious trolling of people who have spent 15 years complaining about Jar-Jar was hilarious.

So season 6 was a mixed bag.

The Nightsisters arc saved season 3 from itself. Season 1 was good, and I loved season 2.

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    [face_laugh] Glad to see that "Anakin beating Clovis" is still on the top of your list as a prerequisite for a good TCW episode.

gracesonnet likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, it's not the top of my list.

You missed "Ventress running her lightsaber through a sexist thug's midriff" and "Ventress putting Boba Fett in a box."

13. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

But of course :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Putting the debate on the execution of the idea aside for a moment, I'm extremely grateful that they pursued an idea like this since its absence from the PT essentially ruined the whole saga for me (not the OT, but the saga as a whole defined as Anakin's fall and redemption). I think the franchise standard is important and compared to how they tried to explain Anakin's "fall" (I really have a hard time even considering it a "fall" the way the PT shows it, it's more like a gradual setting in) in the PT, this is a more sympathetic idea with as good or better execution, and that matters a lot more to me than how I might judge it in the abstract if it wasn't part of Star Wars and including this pivotal moment for the main character.

It would be very difficult for me for the impression that the writing is not the best to turn the Jedi Council into some "straw man Jedi Council" where they don't count as the real thing because then I would have to go back through the PT and decide what shouldn't count because I don't like the writing.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    What happened to the idea that Anakin fell due to his own belief that his personal feelings were more important than the lives of the people he grew up with? Why did we even need the show to go out of its way to write "ways the Jedi Council might have pissed Anakin off"?

By the time Order 66 was over and done, it doesn't matter why Anakin was pissed off. He still should not have done what he did.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  16. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Jar Jar's tai chi ruled. Nice to see him in his own element with his lady friend for a change.

Barriss_Coffee and revan772 like this.
  17. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014

Oh God, Clovis. I normally don't condone Anakin's occasional scary love but in this case, Padme, he's doing you a favor. Clovis is just skeezy.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One thing that arc did wrong is try to paint Clovis as this selfless hero at the end.

Didn't work. Throughout the rest of that arc plus Senate Spy, I wanted a scalding shower with antibacterial soap every time he opened his mouth. He oozed creep and slime.

gracesonnet likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm still surprised that Clovis didn't try to frame them as a couple or something.

Barriss_Coffee and gracesonnet like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    He wasn't smart enough to come up with that.

Barriss_Coffee and gracesonnet like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Wouldn't stop the writers.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm listening to the RebelForce Radio commentary for Attack of the Clones, and there's mention of Boba's unresolved TCW arc. Because we didn't get the bounty hunter arc in the bonus content, I wonder if Disney is holding onto that story, intending to release it in tandem with the rumored Boba Fett film. Maybe we'll get that arc one day? Stand-alone animated movie?

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yes, I get that impression also. All the main Bounty Hunters are in it as well as Hondo, we probably see Boba get the Slave 1 back from him. Cad Bane mentors Boba I believe. Sam Witwer seemed to know a good deal about that arc when he was speaking on the commentary you mention, maybe he had a part. I know that this was the arc Kyle Newman had a guest voice on, but not sure which role. Embo, Dengar, and Lats Razzi are in it for sure, Aurra Sing, Bossk and Sugi are likely but bot certain.

This arc would've been next after the Yoda arc, it was the last of the fifth story conference. Either they plan to produce it someday like you said, or they would like to see first what they may want to change in the storyline as dictated by the Fett standalone film(s).

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  24. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    So I was looking through the "Sacrifice" episode guide earlier today, and I saw in the concept art that a "Sith Warrior Lightsaber Pike" was designed for the episode, which would've belonged to Darth Bane. It obviously didn't appear, but regardless, it got me wondering, what if the Old Republic lightsabers were retconned for the new canon and changed to have a blade more like an actual sword than the cylindrical blades we're used to seeing?

[​IMG]

As you can see, the blade of this pike is thin and sharpened into a point at the top, like an actual sword you'd see in real life. Its function is still very similar to the lightsabers we're used to seeing (push a button and the blade comes seemingly from out of nowhere), however the design is quite different. Now, what other lightsaber from the Old Republic time period did we see in The Clone Wars? The Darksaber, of course!

[​IMG]

Much like Bane's lightsaber pike, the Darksaber has a thin blade with a more sharpened point at the top, and it also was said to originate from sometime during the Old Republic. The Darksaber's hilt and the staff itself of the lightsaber pike are also far more traditionally designed than any lightsaber hilt we've seen.

What I'm wondering is if the Old Republic lightsabers in the new canon were much more like actual swords rather than the lightsabers we see elsewhere in Star Wars. In all honesty, I personally wouldn't mind this retcon if it eventually proves to be true, as it'd show just how even something like a lightsaber has changed over the course of a millennia.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That doesn't fit the description of a good person who was "seduced" by the dark side. That's just a d**k. This is my point.

DurararaFTW likes this.