main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think it's due to Lucas who realised Anakin came across as just a creepy psycho in the PT with nothing tragic at all about him. So TCW was a corrective on that point and went in the other direction instead

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    His redemption was pointless if we're supposed to believe he was justified in turning. And Luke trying to be a Jedi is pointless if we're supposed to dislike Jedi.

3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I've had a hard time searching for this, so I'll ask. In what episode is the phase 2 clone trooper armor first unveiled?

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Water War. Oddly, Rex doesn't have the new armor yet while a random clone standing behind him does.

5. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    The Umbara arc I think - with Pong Krell.

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Phase II armor
    The wook says Senate Murders (airing order) or Clone Cadets (chrono order).

[​IMG]

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I thought the implication was that she sliced through him lower down?

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Good people can make bad decisions. It's doesn't make their decisions justified, but it also doesn't make them permanently bad people incapable of redemption. I have heard George Lucas talk about these ideas as a main point of the saga across a number of interviews. The saga should flesh that out, and being able to see the humanity of the person turning evil is a really important aspect of conveying this concept through a story, having it just be some guy who was always a d**k doesn't demonstrate that concept and being able to see their humanity does not at all make their evil actions justified. (Showing the Jedi as an organization with flaws doesn't make them unlikeable, and Ep. I doesn't exactly make them seem super-likeable, but we've probably beaten that horse to enough deaths.)

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Ah, I completely forgot about those experimental ARC Troopers. :oops: Had no idea about Senate Murders.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So...
    Senate Murders: first holo model of a Phase 2 clone trooper.
    Clone Cadets: first new armor in the form of the ARC trooper.
    Water War: first new phase 2 troopers in a scene standing behind a phase 1 armored Rex.
    Mercy Mission: first full on deployment of phase 2 troopers with the "Wolf Pack", and Captain Wolffe (he's got a special visor on his helmet also).

cwustudent likes this.
  11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Your memory is prob better than mine. I would have guessed Mercy Mission, so thank the Maker for the wook!

Edit: Well done! Watto

gracesonnet likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you and I love the way TCW showed Anakin's good side.

What I don't like is the way it tried to depict the idea that "No wonder he turned, he was pissed off at the Jedi."

There are multiple ways of depicting a good man who made bad choices while still maintaining that no one can possibly be blamed for his choices but him.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 to me his conundrum regarding Padme and the Jedi's non-solution to it while his long-time mentor Palpatine was telling him the Sith had his panacea is still equally part of it, but that has/had to be combined with a legitimately held distrust of the Jedi for me to feel like this is a situation in which I can see how common human nature would lead someone to take this horrific turn, rather than feeling like only someone who was already a total d**k would have done that which is definitely the impression the PT left me with. Arrogant unfounded resentment was not doing it for me, the resentment had to be well-founded and the belief that they weren't telling him the whole truth about the Force legitimately justified.

I definitely agree with you that a simple "No wonder he turned, he was pissed off at the Jedi" explanation would suck and I would even go further and say that might have been even worse than what they did with the PT. But as you know I do not feel TCW portrays it that way.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The only point where I will disagree is that I think we needed to see that the resentment was founded in Anakin's mind, but it does not need to be founded in ours.

Example on a smaller scale, I understand that my kid gets resentful towards me when I make him eat broccoli before he can have ice cream, but that doesn't mean that the rule that he has to eat broccoli is wrong. It's just uncomfortable for him. I see the Jedi's rules as uncomfortable for Anakin but not overall bad, and their responsibility was not to make Anakin feel good all the time.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  15. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I'm disappointed Kota and his militia never showed. I figured they'd at least hint at some of the later things that happen.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Why would they thats all part of the EU so it was lower canon and now not even canon. Welcome

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Lucas made it just like TCW.

18. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    No he didn't. Lucas checked out what they were doing on TFU once or twice and gave a little bit of input, which they then played up as advertising.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Of course they did............

20. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Anyone else more interested in TCW after the Legends announcement? Regardless of your feelings on the show it now takes up the vast majority of the canon in terms of running time.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    No. I don't care about canon. Other than its usefulness in making fun of canon wars.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hate to break it to ya, but about 50% of the elements that make up TCW have their origin in the EU.

And it's not like canon status is gonna stop future writers from including EU elements. As far as they're concerned, it's a vast untapped library of copyrighted stuff they can use however they want.

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett was just saying that it's not an inconsistency to ignore the EU.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Thank you for getting that out of my post I did not have time to elaborate at the time so thanks.

I don't want them to not include it I love the EU and the more of it put in canon the better.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Meyerm

Aug 17, 2014
    I'm against segregating the universe into canon and EU at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's all mixed, and all canon.