main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #1-4

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BoromirsFan, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    [​IMG]

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this dream. I've always felt that it would be the best way to connect the Saga and ghost Sidious was a missed opportunity in the legends universe.

Starkeiller and Zorrixor like this.
  3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I also simply like the fact that it'd provide a Force ghost for the sequels-- as ghosts are (to me) one of the "requirements" of the film trilogies.

The PT had Qui-Gon, the OT had Obi-Wan... the ST? They have a few options, but... Palpatine is the one I'd enjoy most since it'd be a reversal from the norm we've come to expect of the ghost being the font of wisdom (here it'd be the font of evil). I'd rather not see Guinness's ghost recast, and I loathe Hayden being Anakin's ghost. Yoda... could work, and is again such an iconic part of the saga that maybe his ghost is also a requirement, but... I dunno.

There'd just be something sorta neat, to be honest, with Luke getting advice from Yoda's ghost, while [insert some dude] gets advice from Palpatine's.

anguirus2003 likes this.
  4. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Ghost Obi has served his purpose but Ghost Yoda didn't get to do anything besides look at Luke and smile. He should get the chance to do something awesome in the ST.

Ghost, darklordoftech and Zorrixor like this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    FYI, Issue 4 is up to be purchased on Dark Horse digital, at least through the App on Android. Purchased my digital copy today. Ending ... wasn't what I expected.

Anyone else pick up their digital copy today?

So apparently, Mother Talzin is basically Voldermort, and her non-corporeal Green Spirit Stuff can also possess people as it seeks to get her physical body back. Interesting implications for the canon going forward.

Especially if her Green Spirit Stuff has any relationship to the Blue Spirit Stuff that comes out of Palpatine as he 'splodes down Death Star II:

[​IMG]

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good unexpected or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Mixed, I think. I think it was a little anti-climactic, didn't reveal as much new information as I was hoping or have UMPH, but found the ultimate outcome very interesting for future possibilities. It feels like there should be more issues in the story. The most frustrating thing in the issue was 'The End' at its conclusion, because it didn't seem like an end at all.

8. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Can you link me to the digital purchasing screen? I'm not seeing where it's purchasable online.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    More and more, I grow curious that Lucas himself had signed off on such an idea being canon (and if it'll have any implications later down the line, ST wise).

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Curious enough, I can't see it on the desktop web version of their website. I found it by searching for 'Darth Maul' on the Android Dark Horse app on my Nexus 7 Tablet. It shows up as purchased on my desktop digital account as well, but I can't find the actual listing for it. Strange!

11. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Damn. I desperately want it. :_|

Would you mind giving us deets about the issue? Especially how the final fight goes? Does Sidious kick ass?

12. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and cwustudent like this.
  13. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    :D

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Thanks for the tip. Saves me from a trip to the comic shop tomorrow.

Guess I know how it ends now.

Grievous offs Talzin with Sidious and Dooku's help... Really a shame we didn't get this in the show itself. Maul unfortunately escapes again, with no set end to his story in sight. I'm wondering if we'll next see him facing Quinlan Vos in that novel...

Sadly, a big fat Sithy plothole still remains. They really need to figure out a way to plug this, and I'd hope before Ep III, but if not... at least in Rebels or something.

I guess there's always still Old Wounds...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    OK, so... we still don't know exactly what Talzin was. But at least she's dead. [face_dancing]

We do, however, know why Lucas thought it was fine for Maul to live another 150 years and team up with Talon: they hadn't planned for him to die on the show. Maybe they'll do a Clone Wars TV special to off him? I don't see Maul showing up in Rebels, really.

We also know what happened to the Scimitar.

And Sidious has some really great lines.

16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Sidious is one of the best-portrayed characters in TCW in general, so it doesn't surprise me.

Starkeiller likes this.
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Saved for the ST?

DelRiego likes this.
  18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I like this and this is welcomed news. Finally a .....good death. You know we still dont know everything that was planned in TCW so its a possibility that there is another arc with Maul like Ventress after what happened to her with Dooku. He is now masterless so, maybe he is going through something....who knows. The good thing is that super mortis is gone which is great. Now we got to get Filoni and Disney to bring the rest out.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My reaction to that first spoiler went something like :D:oops:[face_frustrated]

I mean it's totally awesomesauce GG finally killed something, but he managed to kill something that was a) probably already dead anyway and b) probably already "killed" previously by Jar Jar in Season 6. You get to join the venerable ranks of General Binks, General Grievous. Congrats.

WMIRTUTSF likes this.
  20. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Didn't Grievous already "kill" Talzin in Massacre?

21. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    She dematerialized, teleported away, or whatever the hell she does.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    Talzin was already dead -- that is to say, lacking a physical body -- in the Windu-Binks episodes.

Maul says, "Mother sacrificed much of her own form to resurrect me." So, her physical substance is dependent on her use of green smoke magic; if she uses too much, she loses substance. That's a nice innovation, considering that she's a character from another show. ;)

Basically, it appears she has been a ghost since her first appearance on the show. Which means............

TELEPORTATION IS NOT CANON! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I really hope Maul dies by the time of the ST. I don't want him as one of the villains in the new movies.

24. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    The details of the working relationship between Talzin and Sidious back in the day still aren't clear, as was the role of Maul in their 'deal'. Was he simply a pawn, where Sidious saw him as useful potential attack dog, and Talzin saw him as an embedded ticking time bomb? Were Talzin and Sidious seeking to mutually learn from their life-extending practices, and then snuff the other out?

Does Maul still have some of Talzin in him? Does Ventress? Are they Horcruxes now? Is Sidious?

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Interestingly,
    the Nightsisters are now extinct. I wonder what this means for the Nightbrothers.[/canon]