main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "A Tangible Gift of Words."-One Shot. Rex/OC. Movie Quote.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 2, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Tangible Gift of Words
    Author: Nyota's Heart
    Characters: Captain Rex, Brenna Damaris, on loan LOL
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love. Brenna belongs to the amazing, amazing laloga

AN: In response to the movie quote roulette.
    Rex ponders Brenna's love declaration. Takes place in between chapters of "The Fighting Kind" by laloga.

My quote is:

I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck. – Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

On the way to Brenna's office, Rex is filled with anticipation. He has come to a crucial crossroads. This is a sweeter anticipation than becoming battle-ready...worlds apart!

He never doubts that he loves her. He is still amazed she has fallen for him. She has always been a bright presence, a source of consolation and wonder, a motive for going on and striving.

Having just survived Derra IV, which could have been a thousand times worse than it turned out, Rex ponders over Brenna's confession of her feelings. She is honest and vulnerable.

Could she perhaps be questioning what lies behind his reserve to tell her, despite her assurances?

He knows all his tomorrows mean more because of sharing them with her and that her affection and trust and respect mean more than anything else ever, ever could.

Even the camaraderie of Kix, Fives, and the rest, and the initial early crush on Ahsoka feels vastly different from that which Brenna inspires.
    Even the flavor of their friendship had been of a richer quality.

Rex is not sure if that is what most would define as love, but he is no longer stuck behind a wall of silence.

He feels ready to give Bren the tangible gift of words.
    The joyful look he knows he will then find in her expressive eyes ... her beaming smile ... he eagerly anticipates being on the receiving end.

. . .

When he tells her "I love you," her reaction is all he could have hoped or wished, as she melts into his embrace and they share elated kisses.

++++++++++

SQUEE-ing out loud!

^:)^

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Very nice piece and use of the qote

laloga and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
  4. laloga

laloga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    So happy to see this up! Wonderful job capturing Rex's thoughts as he is about to take this step forward. [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Very nice job, Ny! What a perfect quote for you to end up with. Glad Rex got this lovely chance to "catch up" with his sweetheart. :)

laloga and Nyota's Heart like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan Thanks. :D This pairing has grown on me big time!

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku -- thanks muchly. @};-

laloga -- Thanks for bringing Rex such a perfect lady ... One who inspires the mush lover in me. ;)

Findswoman - thanks. I loved! this quote, absolutely just-right. :cool:

laloga likes this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Liked this section:

I enjoyed seeing your take on this 'ship. :)

laloga likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kahara -- thanks loads for stopping in. Rex/Bren resonate with me strongly. ^:)^ Rex at all is a delight. LOL

Kahara and laloga like this.