main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which Characters Need a Book?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Definitely Rex. I'd like to see how he managed Order 66, and what the Clones' reaction was afterwards. Clearly it was something none of them wanted to do -- what did they remember after?

Also, I sort of want to see more Obi-Wan-as-Rako-Hardeen stories. That way we'd get more TCW bounty hunters and undercover-Obi-Wan, which is the best Obi-Wan.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'll try to be a little more realistic here than just naming off my favorite characters.

Grievous could be an interesting subject for a novel. He could be quite compelling, but only if one ignores Lucas' ideas for the character.

Dooku's novel, especially for his background, is long overdue.

You know who needs a novel? Padme, it'd be a great chance for her to not suck. Hopefully it wouldn't involve Anakin much.

Basically any real Separatist would make for a fresh perspective. Too bad I can't name one outside of trash like Clovis, or Lux's dead mom.

Pre Vizsla might work, if the suffering shown in S5 is played up, instead of the caricature shown in A Friend in Need.

Hondo's Kowakian monkey-lizards would make hilarious subjects for a short story.

I'd say none of the clones. They tend to be bland, especially Rex. I find it ironic that they went out of their way to humanize/individualize the clones but forgot to give them personalities outside of their armor, haircuts, and attempts at heart warming moments. They're so humorless, they're nothing more than cardboard cutouts used as tools to show that the clones are more than just clones, which ironically limits their individuality. They're basically the product of social justice warrior writing.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The reason I would want a rex novel is because there are still a good chunk left in his story and I just want to now about order 66 in his perspective and afterward.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd like a Pre Vizsla novel to be honest. Just to see his backstory and how Death Watch rose to power.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Every good character from the EU, just to get them properly back into post-Disney canon.

From TCW: The Vizsla clan. And maybe something detailing how Mandalore ended up with a pacifistic ruling duchess.

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Barriss Offee, so we can find out how the hell that happened.

Jedi_Kenobi32, Seerow, credar and 6 others like this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If I had to pick just one it would definitely be Mother Talzin. I want to know her history and what her plan with Savage and Maul was.

credar and darklordoftech like this.
  9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    If I could name only one TV character, I'd say it's definitely Rex.

And if you check the Rex's Fate topic, one finds that there's some good support for the idea, too.

Moreover, given Rex's status as one of the leading characters of TCW (and one who's story hasn't been anywhere near completed), I think there's every reason to think it's feasible.

Now, if I can pick more than just the one? Well, I could be here all night, but I will say that I honestly feel as though the best place to tell any more tales about Ahsoka Tano is in a novel/series of novels.

Seerow likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Seconded.

Also Hondo!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

Hondo is one of those characters who I would read/watch him doing pretty much anything, but I want Hondo with Katooni during the Empire. Someone official write that!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be interesting.

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd like to see a book on the Kryze Clan as well. How did they rise to power or Satine specifically and what caused the rift between her and Bo-Katan. I mean, I get Bo was into the warrior ways and all but still, something had to have happened. Also, I think the Mandalorian Civil War would be a good topic to go into as well.

Grievousdude and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  14. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Dexter Jettster.

EternalHero likes this.
  15. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    None need a book. All of them need a movie. 'Nuff said.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I will second the hondo book.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    More Hondo is always good.

Jedi Knight Fett and Kablob like this.
  18. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'd love to get a book on Satine and Obi-Wan's first meeting, back when he and Qui-Gon were protecting her from the Mandalorian Civil War situation. I think it could make for a pretty interesting book, plus it'd be nice to get something with Qui-Gon in canon that happens when he's actually alive other than TPM.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  19. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I personally believe that they are saving Ahsoka for future TV shows/movies because of her appeal.

20. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I would love to see a novel on what they did with the Zillo Beast and perhaps connect it to another character.

Or I would LOVE to see a novel about Cad Bane.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Definitely on board with more Cad Bane, but your comment about what was done with the Zillo Beast intrigues me (especially the idea of making a connection to "another" character).

I remember at the time the episodes aired, watching as Palpatine's eyes gleamed at the thought of "an impenetrable armor," thinking to myself that perhaps as the research into the lightsaber-resistant scales of the Zillo Beast unlocked all kinds of secrets which were eventually worked into prototype pieces of armor, that the results may have been incorporated into a very familiar suit (a suit which we know held lightsaber-resistant properties of its own, in areas):

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now, at the time I proposed the idea? Lot's of "the EU tells us how Vader's armor was made, and that ain't it!"

But now?

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was just about to say this.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    A Darth Sidious novel would be nice.

24. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Captain Rex
    I'd like to see what happened to him during Order 66 and the rise of the Empire.

The Mandalorians
    Would be great to see Satine's early adventures with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, what caused the rift between her and Bo-Katan, how Bo got involved with Pre Vizsla/Death Watch and Satine rose to power.

Aurra Sing
    Because she was MASSIVELY underused on the show, and her former Jedi backstory seems to be dropped thanks to Ventress. Some pre-Clone Wars adventures with Jango and Hondo would be great. Some adventures during the OT era would be even better! :cool:

Cad Bane
    We've always seen him as the top bounty hunter in the business, but seeing him rise the ranks pre-Clone Wars while Jango has the top spot would be interesting.

Mother Talzin
    Son of Dathomir concluded her story but it didn't give us enough of her history. Her time as an ally of Sidious would be an interesting topic.

Obi-Wan as Rako Hardeen
    Just because Obi-Wan is awesome, and his undercover bounty hunter adventures is something different from leading clones on the battlefield all the time.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

We had a few in the EU but now that those are non canon I would be on board.

Master Fisto likes this.