main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of A Very Married Talon Tantiss [DDC 2014] 2014 Journal Is Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001

Aww! Marcus is just heartbreaking and adorably hilarious at the same time. Seems to be the usual with him! ;)

Also, this conversation makes me LOL.

[face_laugh] I think the snarky years are on the horizon... who am I kidding, they already arrived.

Hope DRL lets up on you; I look forward to reading these tales of yours. :)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful blend of teasing and awww, cute. ;) I bet Talon is enjoying being planetside. :p He may be ready to settle down in one spot earlier than Zylie? [face_thinking]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Marcus IS cute ;)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Marcus has that Skywalker curse of being cute!! I love that Talon got to see his brother, and Marcus got to spend time with all of his family. I like the info on what the other Skywalker children are up to, as well. You know I love Talon and his adventures!!

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to read.

I wonder how much older the Jedi would have to be to upset Luke. 5,10, 15 or 20 years? I think maybe ten years might be tolerated if he liked the Jedi. Fifteen or twenty years might seem a little to squicky for Luke to handle. Maybe I will cover this in Talon's journal later on.

Thanks. You know who I forgot to mention? Fuzzy! Well, if that pittin is anything like my cat, she will hide when a toddler is up and about. My one cat is older than both of my teenagers and he stills avoids the kids after all these years. When they were little they would grab his tail and pick him up weird ways that cats don't like.

Thanks. I didn't want anybody for forget the other family members.

Thanks. Marcus is based a little on my super sarcastic 13 year old. Wow! He has sarcasm down to a science. I would be mad at him but I know he gets it from me. :p

I think Talon would settle down in a heartbeat if he didn't feel obligated to Ben and Valla and the business. His parents sold their restaurant to help buy that freighter so the guys and their wives could stay together. If Talon bailed on Ben and Valla I think he would feel like he let them down. But he wants to bail, that is why he said when he has a kid he is going to settle down. Then he has an excuse...plus his parents would love to live with another grandchild. So he is trying to make everybody happy here.

He is cute. He is like Talon's Mini-Me.

Thanks. I am also working on my fic A Second Chance. I hope you are ready to shine it up. ;)

Thanks everybody for reading. My life is stabilizing. My family member that is bringing so much drama into my life is not going to jail. So that is one less thing to worry about. I hate family drama. I am hoping things are going to be less tense around the family now.

School starts soon and then I will get back to a regular schedule. I am mainly a chauffeur. I drive the kids to school, to football, to scouts, the gym and everywhere else they need to go. My last DRL worry is this weekend. I signed my son up to do a scuba dive of a wrecked ship. It is only 20 feet underwater so it shouldn't be dangerous and the scuba instructors said this sport has one of the best safety records. He is more likely to get hurt playing soccer. That might be true, but two local scuba divers died in the last two weeks...so now I am terrified. I know it is irrational, but I am going to be stressed until we get back Saturday. Ack! :_|

Anyway, this is a short entry. I hopefully will be able to write more effectively starting next week.

Thanks for reading!!! [:D]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Entry 41

On the way back to Indupar Zylie dyed Marcus’ hair back to blond and had him scrub off his Kiffar tattoos. As we neared the Indupar star system a feeling of melancholy washed over me. This isn’t the first time I've had to say goodbye to my son, but this definitely will be the most difficult. Spending two weeks with Marcus was great and allowed me to bond with him like I haven’t been able to before. Unfortunately it made the thought of separation more excruciating.

The night before our arrival on Indupar, late in our sleep cycle, I heard a commotion in the cargo area. I opened the bay door and found Marcus awake and playing with Princess. It seems that the ship’s vornskr has taken a liking to my boy. I guess I'm the only person on this freighter that the animal dislikes. When I entered the cargo bay he was in the middle of a game of tug-of-war with the large predator. He held one end of a towel while Princess grasped the other end securely between her teeth. The vornskr growled and shook her head trying to pull the cloth out of Marcus’ hands. Occasionally she let go of the towel before lunging forward and seizing the piece of fabric once again between her sharp teeth. I always cringed whenever anybody on the ship played with her this way. I am just waiting for the animal to bite somebody’s hand off.

Upon seeing me, Marcus let go of the towel. Princess ran to the opposite side of the bay where she began gnawing the fabric to pieces. “Hey dad.”

I leaned against the bulkhead, arms across my chest and frowned. “What are you doing up so late?”

He gave a small shrug. “I can’t sleep. I’m worried about what’s going to happen when I get back. Mom was really mad at me for stowing away.”

A slight smile crossed my face. “She was, but I’m sure she’ll get over it. I’m glad it happened. I loved spending time with you.”

Marcus grinned widely. “I had a great time too. You are probably right about mom. Grandpa often tells me an old army saying, ‘It’s easier to get forgiven than get permission’”.

I dropped my arms and stepped away from the wall. “Did your grandfather encourage you to stowaway?”

An ‘Oh kriff’ expression momentarily crossed Marcus’ face. “No, not really.”

“Not really?”

He scratched the back of his head nervously and averted his eyes. “He didn’t tell me to stowaway. He did say that when you were a boy if you wanted to do something that you knew he wouldn’t approve of, you’d do it anyway and then hope you'd get forgiven.” He grinned at me. “Grandpa said you were a handful.”

I tried to disguise my laugh with a cough. “Yeah, I guess I was a little wild in my youth.” I walked up to him and tussled his hair. “The difference is my father could always sense through the Force that I was alright. You’re mother can’t do that. I know she could consult the seers, but you told me yourself that they see multiple timelines and can’t say for certain what the future holds.” I gave him a fatherly hug. “Your mother was worried sick. I don’t want her dreading my visits, thinking you might try something like this again.”

“Sorry dad.”

I let go and stepped away. “That’s okay. I enjoyed my time with you…but, next time try asking her. She might surprise you.” I put an arm around his shoulder and led him out of the cargo bay. “Come on, let’s go to the galley and get a snack.”

He smiled. “Ben told me about hot chocolate. I don’t think I’ve had it before. Do you have some?”

I gave a nod. “I think Ben bought some while on Coruscant.”

We went to the galley and made up two mugs of hot chocolate. I am not a big fan of the beverage. I prefer caf, but Marcus loved it. I have a feeling the Palace kitchen will be stocked with this uncommon beverage from now on.

Entry 42

Ema was waiting for us when we landed. She was standing next to a luxury speeder with a small contingent of guards standing by. For a second I started to worry that they were there to drag my butt off to some dungeon. “What’s with the guards?” I asked Marcus. He looked out the flight deck viewport and grinned. “Don’t worry. They’re my personal guards.” The smile dropped off his face. “I hope they weren’t reprimanded for losing track of me.” I gazed at the guards and they didn’t look happy. All of them wore the same gruff expression, but that might be normal for them. I wasn’t sure.

“If they did, maybe when you become king you can make it up to them.”

I put a hand on his shoulder and led him down the corridor. Because we didn’t want to do any public displays of affection, Ben, Valla, Zylie and I gave him a big hug and said our goodbyes while inside the ship. I then walked him down the loading ramp to where his mother stood. She glared at Marcus but through the Force I could feel her intense relief at getting him back unharmed. She told him to get inside the speeder while she talked to me.

“Thanks for keeping him safe,” she said softly to avoid being overheard.

“Keeping people safe is what I do,” I said with a grin. “Thanks for letting him stay with me for a while.”

She gave a small nod. “He idolizes you. A boy needs his father. We should have found a way to do this earlier.”

I couldn’t help but smile at that comment. Maybe this meant Marcus and I could see each other more often. “I’ll be at his coronation in a few months. Maybe after that we can arrange to see each other on a regular basis.”

She gave me a weary smile. “I think he would like that very much…and he probably will make it happen no matter what anybody says. He is a willful boy.”

“Like father, like son,” I whispered.

“The Tantiss men are all alike I have discovered.” She smiled. “But that’s a good thing.” She moved to the speeder and slid into the seat next to Marcus. “We’ll see you in a few months.”

A guard walked up and closed the door and then signaled for the driver to leave. I watched as the guards jumped into two armored speeders and accompanied Marcus’ vehicle.

I sighed deeply and returned to my ship feeling miserable. Zylie met me at the top of the ramp and pulled me into a warm embrace. She didn’t say anything but simply held me tight.

I hate goodbyes.

Kahara and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ha, so the truth comes out... Kinda. Good on Mark though. Great update. I hope we will see more of Marcus in this diary.

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I sighed deeply and returned to my ship feeling miserable. Zylie met me at the top of the ramp and pulled me into a warm embrace. She didn’t say anything but simply held me tight.

I hate goodbyes.

It must be difficult to not see your son too much and this time it was harder because they bonded. I hope they see more of each now.

More soon

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet moments ... everyone does seem closer and stowing away actually did turn out to be a good idea. ;)

:eek: on the playing with a vornskr. Makes me nervous just reading about it LOL

9. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I certainly hope they see more of each other now. Nice entries. :)

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sad that Marcus had to leave. I hope those guards didn't get punished too bad! :p

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    sweet moments between father and son. And I hope he will see him again soon

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Somehow, I don't think Marcus will feel discouraged about pulling a few more 'tricks' such as that. It was a fun adventure.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Sorry everybody for the slow rate of posting. DRL hates me and wants to kill my muse!:mad: Stupid DRL!

I have thought up a couple scenes to put Mark in...I just have to buckle down and write them.

I am trying to get Talon to that point of his life. I hopefully will have it done by the end of the year.

I don't know why I love Vornskrs. I am a cat person, but there is something about them in the Dark Horse comics that made me like them.

Thank you. We will see Marcus again before the end of the year.

I'm sure he will claim he used a Jedi Mind trick to get past the guards.

I think we will see more of him soon. He gets crowned in a couple months.

I think he is more like his father than his mother would like. lol!

This next entry is short. I promise to write more soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Entry 43

I have been a bit depressed lately. I loved spending time with my son, but it only served as a reminder of what I am missing out on. Zylie has been trying to cheer me up…in the most pleasurable ways. Ha! Gods I love her.

After a week of moping around the ship I was called out on a mission. I was asked to work as a Jedi asset to a Void Jumper unit that will be dropped into a hot zone on the planet Treemar. We will be doing a counter-terrorism mission. It is basically a hunt and destroy operation…the type I like.

Ben won’t be accompanying me because only qualified Void Jumpers can go on this mission. He really needs to get his jump wings, but when I suggested that he says he really has no desire to wear a combat uniform that requires the constant use of a urine collection system (UCS). Wuss! Ha! Of course the only thing worse than being attached to a UCS, is being connected to a malfunctioning UCS. That happened to me during one combat mission. I was in a battle with mortar rounds falling around me when a sudden urge to pee hits me (having a mortar round land nearby will do that). After a few seconds I realized the suction system was not working and I had warm urine running down my legs and threatening to fry the electrical components of the suit. I spent three hours with warm piss sloshing around my armored leggings and boots that day. Not fun (Although when I told Zylie this story she thought it was funny as hell)!

So I am off to the planet Treemar. This should be interesting.

Entry 44

I flew my Stealth X out to the planet Treemar and met up with the 88th Void Jumper Regiment.

I forgot how much I liked that armored suit. Doing drops out of combat troop carriers is a rush of adrenaline. The guys often compete against each other to see who can drop the farthest before engaging their propulsion systems. This is dangerous because the longer you wait the more likely that you will miscalculate and splat on the ground. The higher ups have outlawed the practice because a few troopers have died, but the guys do it anyway. I won a few bets doing this before the men caught on. I can slow my descent utilizing the Force and wait until I am only a few meters from the ground before initiating the thrusters. So not only am I referred to as the Jedi spook, now I am called the lowdown cheating Jedi spook. I gave the guys their money back, so there is no hard feelings…I hope. Hey, the rules did not specify that using the Force was not allowed. They added that rule recently just for me. Ha!

We jumped into some thick forested areas where we thought the terrorists had a bomb making operation. Some gunships went out before us to prep the site. They dropped a bomb we call a Tree-Cutter… which does exactly that. It opens up an area the size of a smashball field.

We drop in and moved through the area looking for the enemy. Intel said their orbital sensors had picked up activity about a kilometer from our position. It was a standard seek and destroy operation. My job was to use my post-cognitive Force abilities to help locate the enemy. I didn’t need to utilize those particular skills though because the enemy wasn’t content to run and hide. They brought the fight to us.

The terrorists were a strange near human species that I have never seen before. They had blotchy red and yellow skin, bald heads and large black eyes. They all wore the same type of form fitting, skin-colored bodysuits that made them look like sexless nudists. They were short, about 1.5 meters in height, but they were ferocious fighters. They would not surrender and they would not stop attacking. That was disturbing to me because sometimes they were grossly outnumbered. We would try to capture them, but they were willing to blow themselves up just to get at us. We ended up having to kill most of them. A few were injured so badly they could not resist. They were evacuated to a medical facility before being turned over to Intel.

I don’t know what their problem was with the local government, but it must have been a major gripe for them to be willing to die for their cause.

After the mission we went back to our forward operations base and awaited new orders. I got a few days to socialize and bond with the troopers. Although most soldiers don’t like Jedi, I am also a Void Jumper and that trumps being a Jedi Spook. I am respected because I am a decorated combat jumper.

We were housed in an open bay barracks with lockers and bunk beds lined up in the huge room. I was laying in my rack reading my datapad when two troopers came up to me grinning like a couple of idiots. They were both young, probably in their late teens or early twenties.

“Are you the Jedi?” The question came from the baby-faced blond who reminded me a little of holos of Luke Skywalker during his rebellion days.

I sat up in my bunk and nodded. “Yeah, what about it?” I know I sounded a little defensive, but I am just waiting for the stupid questions.

“Can you read minds?” the other man asked. He is a little older with jet black hair.

I shook my head. “Nope. If I could I probably wouldn’t be in trouble with my wife as often.”

“Can you pick up things using the Force?”

“That I can do,” I admitted and waited for them to request a demonstration.

“Oh oh,” the blond said excitedly. “Can you make me float?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah sure.” I grab him with the Force and lift him about a meter off the ground. The young man let out a startled yelp before he started laughing.

“Do me!” The other man said. I said okay and lift him off the ground as well. By then a group of troopers wandered up to us and were watching the show.

“Rub those two against each other,” one newcomer suggested. I look over and it’s our platoon sergeant.

I gave him a wicked grin. “You got it, Sergeant.”

The two men floating in the air protested as I used the Force to push them together belly to belly. They cursed at me as they tried to push themselves apart with their arms and legs. Eventually the curses turned into death threats. Their buddies were laughing and making kissing noises.

“That's enough. Let them down, Tantiss,” the platoon sergeant laughed and I dropped them to the ground. “Don’t be asking the Jedi to do tricks unless you are ready for the trick to be on you,” he warned the troopers. The two men looked pissed, but with their platoon sergeant and their buddies around them laughing hysterically they eventually saw the humor in it.

I don’t think they will be asking me to do Force tricks again. Ha!

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great to see Talon on a solo mission.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Fun update with him and his suit and the solo-mission and being with the troopers

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay for Zylie effectively cheering Talon up, the successful solo mission, and LOL! 8-} Talon's troopmates are nuts. But he's right. They won't ask again for a demo.

17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure DRL is a muse serial killer.

Anyway, that was fun!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Used to say icky things come in threes sometimes and then there'd be a lull. Now, :eek: I think the batches are bigger and/or last longer. :( So we really need a [face_chocolate] for all the authors who keep delivering ^:)^

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great update, they probably won't be asking for anyone to do Force tricks anytime soon.

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I read this the other day and laughed and laughed. Those guys definitely won't be asking a Jedi to perform a show any time soon!!!! [face_rofl]

And I'm sorry DRL is being a pain in the butt. [:D]

21. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Last time those guys ask to see some Jedi skills!! Nice update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    At least Talon's out of his doldrums a bit! Even if it did require a combat mission! [face_laugh]

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! I think Talon prefers a straight fight over doing undercover missions with Ben.

Thanks! Soldiers are always fun to be with. Thanks for reading!

Don't mess with Jedi...especially ones with a sense of humor. ;)

If they are smart they won't!

Yeah DRL just gets worse and worse. It irritates me to no end that some people can't get their heads out of their fourth point of contact. :(

Thanks! :D

Yeah...facing death can take your mind off things a bit. ;)

Thanks everybody for reading. This is another short entry.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Entry 45

We dropped into another hotspot today. This time it was to rescue hostages held by the terrorists. This brought back bad memories of my first combat mission. My dad, Ben and I went in to rescue a group of hostages only to discover they were all slaughtered by their captors before our arrival. It was a gruesome scene that made me question whether I wanted to be a Jedi at all. Luckily Ben and dad were there to save my ass when I froze at the sight of the unfortunate victims.

I was determined to make the outcome of this mission successful. I was on a recon team utilizing my post cognitive skills to lead us to a warehouse outside a medium size village. We released a couple of small hover spy droids to get a view of the inside of the building and watched the streaming vid on a datapad. We found a group of those bald near humans we encountered earlier in the week holding a group of humans and twi’leks captive. The hostages were tied up to chairs with their mouths gagged as the terrorists stood around them with blasters in hand. We called back our situation report and were told to hold fast until reinforcements arrived.

As we waited we noticed the tension of the room rise. One alien was listening to some type of radio and then screamed something to his comrades. Immediately they went on high alert, running to windows and doors to peer outside. Since we had eyes in the air we were safely out of view, but the atmosphere within the warehouse grew tenser by the second.

“Command, this is Green One,” the squad leader called into his radio. “We have movement within the warehouse. It looks like they know you’re coming. Permission to enter and attempt to free the hostages?”

There was a pause on the other end before the platoon sergeant responded. “Do not enter unless the hostages appear in impending danger.”

“Confirm, Green One out.” He put down the radio and grimaced. “That doesn’t give us much time to react. They can turn their blasters on them and they’ll dead in seconds.”

He gazed at datapad for a few more minutes, his face becoming more pinched as he watched events unfold. “They’re going to kill them…this doesn’t look good.” He turned to me. “Tantiss, how good are you in doing REBJs?”

I tried to shrug but my armor prevented me from doing so. “Rapid Entry by Jedi is something I’m trained to do. Do you want me to go in first?”

The squad leader chewed on his lower lip for a second before answering. “I was thinking I’d take the rest of the squad around the back and come in through the roof a safe distance from the hostages. We’ll do a blast and drop insertion. You'll be our decoy if you think you are good enough to repel blaster fire with that lightsaber of yours. Come in at the front, get their attention and hopefully we can surprise them from the rear.”

I can feel the squad leader’s reluctance to ask me to do this, which made me smile. Whenever I work with ground pounders, the infantry appear more than willing to throw a Jedi to the Rancors. They don't care if I risk my neck, but when I'm attached to a Void Jumper unit they see me as part of their brotherhood and are reluctant to ask more of me than they would the other men.

“No problem Sergeant. Just say the word.” I gave him a good natured grin that appeared to relax the man.

“Good, stay here until I get the other men into position. When I call you fly out to the front of the building, make noise and make an entry. Don’t do any unnecessary heroics.”

“Can do.” I lowered my face shield and got into position.

The squad leader got on his radio and updated the platoon sergeant of the deteriorating situation and his rescue plan. He then ordered this squad to move quietly along the wood line to the rear of the building. About ten minutes later it was show time.

“Tantiss, go!”

I ran out of the tree line with my lightsaber in one hand and blaster in the other. I activated my thrusters and made it to the building in one giant hop. My movement alerted the terrorists. I think they were expecting a platoon of troopers to show up at their doorstep. Instead they had one Void Jumper with lightsaber blazing. A couple extremists took shots at me from a window, which I easily deflected with my saber. I made it to the main entrance and hit the door running. The full weight of my armor tore the metal door from its hinges flinging it to the floor with a loud bang. Now I had their full attention.

At least ten men were shooting at me. It took all my concentration to keep the blaster fire off me. I wasn’t one-hundred percent successful but the armor was effective against most small arms fire. I used my blaster to take out half of the men shooting at me before there was an explosion from the back of the room. Light streamed in from a large hole in the ceiling before a dozen Void Jumpers dropped from the sky. They hovered for a second above the floor firing their blasters before they landed near the hostages, surrounding them, and using their bodies as armored human shields. I continued to fire at the remaining terrorists until only two were left. Those remaining fanatics reached into their side satchels and pulled out thermal detonators.

“Detonators! Get the hostages out of here!” I screamed into my helmet comsystem. The squad leader called for an extraction. The men grabbed up the hostages in one or two arms, chair and all, and blasted their way up and out of the opening they made in the ceiling.

The remaining terrorists turned to me and threw their thermal detonators. With a wave of my hand I used the Force to redirect the bombs away from me and guided them back to their owners’ groins. Whack! Ha! I wish I could have seen their surprised expressions when they got a detonator smashing into their gonads, but I was busy blasting my way out of the building. As I exited I could hear the rumble of twin explosions and the heat of the blast warming and blackening my armor with soot.

I thought I was clear but a sniper caught me with a long-range blaster and took out one of my stabilizers. I was a hundred meters in the air when I started to tumble. I fought the urge to puke as I attempted to counter my motion using my remaining functional stabilizers. I realized that I was too low to the ground to perform the necessary maneuvers and I knew hitting the ground at this speed without thrusters was fatal. I was in deep shavit!

Never in my life was I so glad I was a Jedi. I immersed myself deep in the Force and concentrated on slowing down and stabilizing myself. I closed my eyes and visualized myself floating down to the ground.

I must have temporarily fallen into a Jedi trance because the next thing I know an armored gauntlet was knocking on my helmet.

“Anybody home?” I heard the squad leader’s familiar voice.

I opened my eyes and realized I was floating motionless about a meter from the ground. I was so surprised by this impressive feat that I lost concentration and dropped to the dirt with a thud.

I rolled over and saw the squad leader and three other void jumpers looking down at me. “No time to nap, Tantiss. Let’s get to the tree line before that sniper finds you again.”

He didn’t have to tell me twice; another blaster bolt hit about twenty meters short of us.

We ran to the trees and took cover. I looked into the woods and saw the rest of the squad performing first aid on the hostages and trying to calm them down. In the distance I could hear reinforcements fly in and drop into the warehouse and surrounding area.

The squad leader came up to me and slapped me on the back. “I thought that REBJ was impressive, but seeing you hover like a parked speeder bike was amazing!”

I lifted up my face shield and grinned. “Thanks. I did much better today than my first mission where I froze up and then puked my guts out. Skywalker’s oldest son had to save my butt.”

The man scoffed. “I don’t believe that. I think you’re just being modest.”

I didn’t argue with the man. I’ll let him believe I am the consummate Jedi.

It felt good not to screw up.

Kahara and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great action. I like seeing Jedi in "non-force-users-roles" and how they use the force to help them. Great update.

25. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Great writing on the action scene. :)

Love your use of "Rapid Entry By Jedi." She's not well-liked among the fan community as a whole for the most part, but I really did enjoy most of Karen Traviss' works, and this term is one of my favorite. :cool: