main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Bah I'm jealous!

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Got him off amazon. He'll be here tomorrow :)

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

I'm glad Judi cannot read this. She would definitely think you're giving her ideas.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was doing my grocery shopping at the local Sainsburys this morning and they had a stand of kids books on '2 for the price of 1'. In the pile I found Jedi Battles and Sith Wars. Both are picture/word books meant for young readers but I picked them up when I saw the number of stills from the films. Note that Amazon UK lists these as hardcovers but they are paperbacks.

whostheBossk and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    They arrived this morning...so excited!

[​IMG]

Yay!

[​IMG]

And wouldja look at that - she's already bossing me around and trying to influence my next purchase. But yeah, one has to take orders from a princess...

[​IMG]

6. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    They look great! :)

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks. I'm getting Wicket and Logray next, need to investigate which are the best versions of others, recommendations and help are welcome.

And... my avatar + sig and your avatar one after another in the same convo...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :D

Gamma626 likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Aww they're so cute! I still haven't freed my set of those from their plastic prison. I'm not one to ask because I love ewoks, I'd recommend getting all ewoks out there :p

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And I was waiting for you to reply to this and sort of...enable me. :D

*think of paying people back now that you have a full-time job, think of paying people back now that you have a full time job*

* E-E-E-E-E-E-E-WE'RE THE SPIRITS FROM THE FOREST MOON*

See? I can't act like a reasonable thirty-something. It's Ewoks. :eek:

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha! The new Kmart assault catapult set is pretty awesome. I like the set w/ the mamma and the baby. I hunted a long time to get one of those sets reasonably.

I still have a ton of the ewoks to pick up. Are you thinking of going for the cartoon vintage figures?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I saw the catapult, from what I understand, it's a remake of the one err...as old as the film/as old as me? I'm always trying to locate items in Europe first, as shipping from USA can cost more than the item itself, in case of single figures and so; and toy shops here carry only the most popular SW stuff, not the kind of things I'm after.

And yes, I'll be going for the rest of the PVC ones, but that will cost a lot. I saw Latara go for up to 40€, and that's more than I paid for this pack, customs and shipping.

P.S. My Ewoks are bossy! http://instagram.com/p/sXN_-4H0Ki/

12. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    My girlfriend just bought me for my birthday the comic con exclusive Delta Squad pack that came out a few years ago. I'm psyched!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm a happy bunny, oh, yes I am. :)

This has arrived...

[​IMG]

And this will be here within the next 5-14 days.

[​IMG]

Gamma626 and whostheBossk like this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Picked up the standalone SW:Tthe Bounty Hunter Code book at the local Waterstones today. I already have the deluxe set but wanted to read the book without having to disturb the deluxe box.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Got my final two Star Wars Clone Wars animated figures this week! :) A loose red Clone Trooper (without the black plastic base unfortunately but in excellent condition) and a boxed battle-damage Anakin Skywalker. All 20 done and dusted. Now I can concentrate on Rebels figures.

I am toying with the idea of getting those Gentle Giant Bust-Ups of the animated micro-series, to display with them. They seem be available for very low prices still and you can get some characters (like Padme in her winter hood outfit) that weren't released as action figures. What do you guys think of them?

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I like them, they're nicely detailed. They are a little fragile though and a pain for moving around, but once you display them they stay together. I have a good number of them, I like them.

KeithyT likes this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Dorkside order showed up today: x2 6" Anakin Skywalkers and Toryn Farr. I'd highly recommend buying from them - they're a geek toy place and my figures were very nicely packaged w/ only the slightest corner edge wear from transit. Not that that matters to me since I'm a deboxer - but I know it bothers some people.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Congrats - that is a superb set. I think I have this, though IIRC I got it @ TRU. I remember these were extremely HTF.

Got TBS Mara Jade from Target last week - excellent figure, even though it was coming off the card....

whostheBossk and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    That looks like it's a great figure. Always was a big fan of Mara Jade...I really want them to come out with a six-inch version of her in TBS...I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  21. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I picked up The Art Of Star Wars II (AOTC) and III (ROTS) soft cover books for £1.70 GBP total at a charity shop the other day! [face_dancing]

PadmeLeiaJaina and Grievousdude like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's a pretty good find..

KeithyT likes this.
  23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice find. Couple things couldn't pass on. Won bid on lot of vintage figures including last 17 Poncho Luke with poncho and Rebo band set loose missing Droopy's flute, but in good shape

24. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Went Proto Fett hunting. Didn't find him, but DID find a 6" Black series Darth Vader and Chewbacca!

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman brought issues 29-32 of the SW Fact Files today.