main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    How do you work out the many and growing paradoxes? For example, an early Marvel Star Wars comic book and the first EU novel, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, have opposite portrayals of who can swim and who can't between Luke and Leia.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Not to mention that the paradoxes are about to get exponentially worse.

And which one of those had Luke as being able to swim so soon after Yavin? Whoever thought of that should be slapped upside the head. He grew up on a desert planet, how the hell would he learn how to swim?! :oops:In sand?

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Kablob I forget which had it which way but there were fan letters printed in the letters pages of the comic book complaining about this kind of stuff as early as 1978. You have to get the vintage comic books (or scans of them) instead of the trade paperbacks for the letters pages, unfortunately.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I swear, was there ever a time when SW fans didn't complain about some small detail about the universe? :p

But yeah, SOTME had Luke able to swim. Which is even more mind-boggling considering the guy who wrote that also wrote the ANH novel. :oops:

5. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    There aren't a lot of options on learning how to swim when living on Tatooine.[face_laugh]

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Now I've got this nice visual of Luke doing the butterfly.

On dry land.

And Owen telling him to waste time with his friends later.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it was them paying attention to Marvel Star Wars, which has Luke learn to swim rather quickly after being stranded on a waterworld:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_11:_Star_Search!

that said - both came out in February 1978 - and we don't know how much feedback there was between comic authors and novel authors back then.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I just rewatched "Evil Plans," and it seems like all of the "plot holes" in it are explained within the episode, so I have no idea whatsoever as to why people complain about these things.

Why didn't Bane get more information from R2?

Bane was on a tight schedule, and was already running a little bit behind since 3PO turned out to be a complete waste of his time.

To quote him: "Your friend "gold rod" turned out to be a huge waste of my time, something my clients don't have a lot of."

As soon as the Senate Building plans appear on the monitor, Bane says: "Download that data onto the memory drive, I will deliver it immediately. And prepare my ship."

Bane was in a hurry to get the information and get back to Jabba, not hang around and keep digging for information in R2.

How come Bane didn't keep 3PO and R2 and find more information within them?

As I said before, Bane just wanted to get the info and get out, especially after the 3PO setback. Besides that, if R2 and 3PO never returned it'd be awfully suspicious, and the last thing Bane needs is to have the Republic after him.

Bane even says regarding the droids: "Wipe their memory and dump them back in the street. They'll find their way home. We can't have anything looking out of place, can we?"

Wouldn't Anakin be super suspicious that 3PO didn't remember anything?

I thought so too at first, but after rewatching the episode it doesn't seem quite like it.

After 3PO says he can't remember anything about what happened, Anakin says: "You're gonna have to do better than that, 3PO, because if Padmé's dinner is a disaster, then you're not the only one she's gonna be mad at."

Anakin seemed to think 3PO was just making up excuses for taking so long. It's possible Anakin thought 3PO had gotten swindled (precisely what he told him not to so) or something and thought that 3PO was just trying to cover it up.

vstarvan and cwustudent like this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well Bane got the info he was looking for and didn't need to dig around for more. I supposed he could have sold military secrets or something. I figure most people don't care about droids so maybe it is kinda funny that Bane didn't just take them. But then again one of them belong to a senator and a Jedi so it make since he just put them back out on the screen. Nobody thinks anythings wrong when 3PO has a bluescreen, lol.

"Evil Plans" is best enjoyed just sitting back and taking it for a cartoon. I actually enjoy that episode because its got kinda a Rocko's Modern Life thing going for it. Its something super mundane that turns into a big adventure just like going to the grocery store does for Rocko.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If Maul survived purely through his hatred, why haven't other Sith Lords survived through their hatred?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Because....reasons :p

In all seriousness though, Maul survived through his hatred because the TCW writers wanted him to survive.

Apart from that, there are Sit that survived like Maul. Vader survived, even though losing all his limbs and burned alive.

Malgus survived after being pinned *literally* into a mountain by Satele.

Darth Sion did survive and he had to be in the worst shape of all of them.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    And because Lucas ordered his survival, but yeah...that about covers it.

Lord_Anzeroth likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Vader survived through hatred of himself, the Jedi, Obi-Wan.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Kind of a ****ty message, don't you think?

"Hey kids, you want to live longer? Hate something. A lot."

fett 4 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
  16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    That would be great :).

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully a North American Blu-ray release won't be far behind.

18. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Um, Darth Vader?

19. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Vader also had that suit... he didn't survive purely because of his hatred.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, but before he had the suit he was lying on a lava bank for at least an hour after having lost three limbs and being burned. That probably would have killed most Jedi, hence Palpatine's surprise that Vader was alive when he found him.

Seerow and Lord_Anzeroth like this.
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Maul and Vader were both mortally wounded - the hate, anger, and madness was a driving force to survive in my opinion. I'd like to see where this eventually leads Maul - redemption? He doesn't have a child like Vader did that can help save him - but he has a Nightsister, Ventress, who has made changes herself, perhaps she'll show him a different path?

22. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

That's just for Germany though. So not English...

I seriously doubt the UK will even get a Blu-ray release... especially since it still hasn't appeared on Netflix UK yet.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Redemption is kinda weak if everyone and their mom is redeemed. I'm not a fan of Maul being redeemed.

24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It might have an English language feature, though (an awful lot of European DVDs and Blu Rays do). The region will be the same as UK Blu Rays, will it not?

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I assume so. But I don't want a German version. I'm very picky lol. I'd rather have the proper UK version then settle for 2nd best.