main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Cold Case Corellia, movie quote challenge (Kyp,Ben,Seha,Valin,Jysella,Corran and Sith) completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very intriguing plotting by Khi and looking forward to the clue-gathering.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Khi will return but first the investigation

Chapter 13

This was flying and this was what he liked the most. Jono Bel Hana was a forensics investigator just like his grandfather had been but this – a remembrance from what he had been doing on Moniron – had him really thrilled. Unlike the police on Moniron CorSec had the fast sub-orbital transports taking you to the other side of the planet in just a few hours. The first thing he had done after joining CorSec was getting his Corellian licence. He had a big smile on his face when Angela ordered him to take one of the CorSec S-1500 transports.

“Hey,” Mario gripped the armrests of his seat when he saw Jono pushing a control of the CorSec sub-orbital transport down.

The ocean and beyond that a beach was coming towards them at a dizzying speed.

“You wanted to be in the front-seat,” Jono grinned and guided the transport low over the waves only to pull up when he neared the beach and passed some beach-houses with enough room to leave tiles, trees and whatever untouched. On a chimney on one of them a nest of the millennium falcon could be seen. The outskirts of a small town were next. In the distance the great complex of Cormond Ale Company was coming nearer.

“I know you are a skilled pilot but this,” Mario muttered. “What will Angela and Vince tell you?”

“That I am a skilled pilot and that they enjoyed the ride,” Jono said. “Just do the same.”

- - -

“Is there a fighter pilot behind the controls,” Kyp Durron – just like the rest of his companions standing or sitting in the restaurant of the factory after Cazzy had guided them and the CorSec agents there and had offered some refreshments – gazed outside when he saw the fast approach followed by an impeccably smooth landing next to the Azure Angel and one of the CorSec transports. ‘Could be a Force user,’ Kyp thought when he felt a fleeting something.

“That should be Jono Bel Hana,” captain Ekle said. “He is always showing off. And I have to admit, he is one of the great investigators. Sanders will be with him and if I am correct Vince Durana and his young protégé too. They will find out who is responsible for the destruction of two bottling lines and a crate-transport.”

“The Sith began,” Kyp said with a smile on his face when he saw Ben, Seha, Valin and Jysella giving a confirming nod. He would wait for the investigators to finish their processing of the crime-scene. And there was that feeling again, now when he saw the four CorSec investigators leaving their transport.

And Cazzy voiced it “Sith wrecking business. I have another party to guide.” She left with captain Ekle the restaurant.

- - -

Silence, there was an creepy silence in the bottling hall when Cazzy guided the investigators inside. The noisy bottling hall had become a silent place after the fail safe mechanisms had halted the remaining bottling line after two lines were destroyed. She had alerted CorSec after Jedi Durron had saved her from the Sith by pushing her back in the crate-hall. She was with a medic and coroner from the Cormond CorSec department and the young investigator introduced to her as Mario Flamand. She saw Mario’s exuberant smile when he ran past the corpse of the Sith to the pile of glass after taking pictures with his holocam.

“No blood. Cause of death is a cauterized hole through his heart. We will load him on the gurney and go to the next victim.” That came from the coroner. “Fourteen more to process and I think we will find the same cause of death. Sanders will need a large transport to get the bodies to Coronet city.”

Mario shouted. “I have found a lightsaber!”

Cazzy smiled when she saw Jono Bel Hana looking their way, shaking his head with a keep-to-your-work-Mario look on his face.

Mario did by putting the lightsaber in a clearplast bag. There was a big smile on his face.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Great updates! I hope the Jedi can track this Sith down.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Sithly sith... ;)

You certainly know how to create a cliffie.

5. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Through Chapter 12:

I liked the unusual details on Corellia during the Rebellion, such as the Jedi dentist and the quirky system they had for passing things along. (Also, nice touch with Rostek being the one responsible for the weirdness surrounding ages in the Horn family. That stuff is headache material.) I enjoyed seeing some references to Rostek's past as shown in the prequel to this.

It's unfortunate that the Sith would get on the trail of those artifacts at the same time as the Jedi. Sounds like it's going to be a mess, especially since they appear to be spoiling for a fight after whatever happened with Vestara. I'm not sure whether to be suspicious of Mario's little Sith crush.

Jono's love of piloting was fun to read, as well as his friends' explanations to the Jedi. Wonder if he has that infamous Jedi skill for crashing things as well? :p

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They will but...
    And more coming
    The full story about Valin and Rostek was part of my story DNA I.D. and Survivor (now truncated)
    Mario is young and learning
    Sith = mess

Chapter 14

CorSec officers from Cormond were guiding gurneys with body-bags towards the Azure Angel and the CorSec transport. Angela Sanders and her team had processed the crime-scene. The Jedi were following.

Jono had been discussing with Angela, Captain Ekle and Kyp Durron when he came up to Mario and Vince on an intercept course with Seha Dorvald towards the Azure Angel. Both men with big mischievous smiles on their faces passed her and came to a stop before the lowered ramp. He listened.

“They are Jedi,” Mario stopped at the Azure Angel. He would love to get back to Coronet city with the Jedi.

“So what,” Vince Durana barred the way before Seha could enter.

“They won’t run away,” Mario continued. “Jedi are honest people and will land their transport at our place.” And there was a smile on his face when he continued “or is it that you want to push the YT-1300 to its limits, flying her to Coronet City? I can tell you, don’t. One guy giving me a thrilling ride is enough.”

“They are suspects until proven otherwise and there was blood,” Vince said. “They have wrecked the bottling line.”

“Not their fault,” Jono came between the arguing investigators. “The Jedi were just getting their belongings. They were on a factory tour with the owner Cazzy Shelly and returning to their transport when the Sith were trying to get the Rostek Horn files.”

“I did see dead Sith,” Mario remarked.

“And you have a piece of Sith evidence in that clearplast bag,” Jono began to smile. “You were the one to find it with an – I recall – loud cry and big smile on your face.”

“Is it a Sith lightsaber?” Mario reached for his satchel where he had put the evidence bags.

“It isn’t a Jedi lightsaber,” Seha grinned. She had felt the Force swirling when Jono was present, knew now why he was that skilled to fly and was eager to give the young investigator a thrilling ride, never to be forgotten. “We have our weapons. And if you want to accompany us and don’t want us to run away, come with Ben and me. Kyp, Valin and Jysella will go with lieutenant Bel Hana.”

“I can? And Vince too? Don’t give him a go at piloting. He will be thrilled to hear real Jedi-stories.”

“Ben and I will be at the controls,” Seha nodded. The regret about not being in the Azure Angel and able to stop – using the new quad-lasers – the Sith was fading.

“Actually you will see the Jedi during the coming time,” Jono said. “We will be working together to solve the two cases. We had some vermin going after Rostek Horn belongings and you were attacked by those Sith. I know that Jedi have a lot of knowledge about Sith and their manipulations. We have to bring the bodies to our lab and what better place than bringing them aboard your freighter. Fifteen dead Sith can be stored on our transport but will have the living quite uncomfortable.”

“We can take them all or,” Seha began when she saw CorSec officers busy loading body-bags into the CorSec transport and continued “take those six.”

“Coming your way,” Jono started towards the officers and turned his head “Mario keep an eye on those Jedi. You will be thrilled.”

- - -

Ben was helping to unload the body-bags from the Azure Angel and had put one on a gurney when he got a soft look in his eyes. That man – the coroner directing his teams – with greying blonde hair and a beard was reminding him strongly of his father, coming back from a camping trip eight months ago and sporting a beard. ‘Mom, dad saw mom. Dad – eyes young but looking now very old because the growth of facial hair did that to his face – had a big smile on his face, stating that mom liked the scruffy nerfherder look. And the reactions he got from Corran, Kyle and Kyp…’

“What’s with me Ben,” Kyp gave a knowing nod towards the coroner.

“Seeing him and remembering your reaction after dad told us all about his meeting with Mara,” Ben looked up towards the noise coming from the inside of the Azure Angel and began to smile. “Dad decided to keep his ‘prickly whiskers’ despite your and Kyle’s protests.”

Kyp followed Ben’s gaze and began to laugh. There helped by Vince Durana was Mario Flaman – still a bit white around the nose and on wobbly legs – but with a big exuberant smile on his face after the thrilling ride “a CorSec investigator who doesn’t like to fly?”

“Seha piloting and she and me telling thrilling stories about Jedi did that to him,” Ben grinned. Seha was there carrying the last body-bag on the tips of her outstretched fingers and passing the two investigators with a this-is-what-the-Force-can-do look on her face.

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

7. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Love the reference to Luke's beard. [face_laugh]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More about the beard will follow but first the investigations

Chapter 15

Jono was the last to enter the briefing room and sat down next to Kyp Durron. Immediately after the ‘thrilling ride’ back the older man had commented with a you-should-be-a-Jedi on his skills. That and Angela’s consent to go ahead and work together had prompted him to tell more about his immediate feelings after coming to the crime-scenes. He had showed him the archive-vault. Kyp got the same feelings and pointed at marks made by Sith. That had Jono telling about his grandfather and Rostek Horn and Kyp telling about Corran Horn and the Rostek Horn belongings.

“We have fifteen bodies but all – except that one – must be clones,” Angela had the results of the examination showing on the large vidscreen. “Here, the same finger-prints and blood-type. The DNA is the same in the blood and tissues taken from these fourteen bodies. And we have found a matching footprint. The fibers found in the vault matched with those taken from his clothes. This man has been here in the archive-vault.”

“He was the one,” Kyp said. “I was the last one to enter the bottling line hall but felt immediately his Force-signature, shoved Cazzy to safety and engaged him.”

“Clones, Sith-clones?” Valin shook his shook his head in wonder and with a troublesome look on his face matching that of his sister. “We abandoned the Jedi-temple on Coruscant to keep the Sith from coming to fight us and hurt innocents. What are they planning?”

“Overthrowing the Galactic Alliance and going after the ultimate power,” Jysella mused. “And the holocron mentioned by Rostek will be of great help to achieve their goal. And if they discover Mortis…”

“They will achieve their goals,” Ben continued. “We have to find the holocron.”

“Your nephew turned Sith,” Mario remarked. He was sitting next to Ben and Vince.

“But was a Jedi at the moment of his passing into the eternity,” Jono said with a soft voice. “He saved Hapans from a nanovirus and…”

Kyp interrupted. “How could you know that about Jacen?”

“I felt it,” Jono said. “We all did. All of us of Dunai elder descend.” He began to tell more about his species and ended “Our leader Master Jasir Ere-Dun gave his permission to Master Yoda to take his sister Fay to be trained by the Jedi. She saved millions by saving Obi-Wan Kenobi on Queyta. I will help you to find the holocron and the best place to start is my home in Firwood. I have some belongings from my grandfather there.”

- - -

“Daddy,” Jeb rushed out the door clutching one of his toys. And he looked this and that way and up and pointed “visitors?”

“Yes Jeb,” Jono scooped up his son. “We have visitors and I am sure you want to see their transport.” He began to walk towards the descending freighter.

“Humh,” Jeb agreed. “And will mom make fruit-pies for our visitors?”

“Mom and one of the visitors,” Jono replied. “I have heard from Seha Dorvald, she is the owner of the freighter, that Valin Horn is a great cook.”

- - -

Jeb was almost speechless until he came into the galley where Valin was busy. “Can I have those?”

Valin – about to swipe his left index-finger over the utensil – looked up with a smile “and you are?”

“Jeb Bel Hana and I love chocolate cake.”

tbc
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Revanfan1 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Also happens to love chocolate cake plus the new update!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Sith clones? :eek:

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, Sith clones. Intriguing. So used to clones being on the good/right side LOL

Do love chocolate cake, also... yum!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And more are coming
    First some exploration
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Chapter 16

Valin Horn knew now more about his real great-grandfather Nejaa Halcyon and the man who had raised his grandfather and namesake Valin Horn. Rostek Horn kept Jono’s grandparents safe after the purge and visited them regularly. Entries in a diary from Jono’s wife Nicky mentioned visits from Rostek, Scerra and Valin and the hikes to the greenhouse and wilderness surrounding Firwood. And there was the mentioning of caves where Rostek could have hidden the holocron. Those caves and the greenhouse became the first places to search.

Valin laughed when he saw his sister – sweaty tank-top and muddy boots and pants – navigating on the narrow path. Before her were Ben and Seha. Jono Bel Hana was leading with Kyp and had taken a CorSec shuttle to get the group to the outskirts of Firwood and the beginning of a trail leading to a cave and the remains of the greenhouse.

The cave – being one K closer than the greenhouse to the place where the CorSec shuttle was left – became the first to visit. Ben’s doing. He had argued that cave-exploration was something for the morning. The greenhouse remains were more for the afternoon with an – if it got late – argument that the CorSec training facility had dinner- and sleeping facilities.

“Here we are. We can use the fixed ropes to descend. We visit this cave regularly for search and rescue exercises. Rostek mentioned this cave having some store-rooms.”

That came from Jono and Valin hurried to catch up with the others. He came to a stop before a large hole in the rocky ground with an opened trapdoor. Jono’s doing and he was securing that trapdoor to a metal frame.

“Hook your harness up and follow me,” Jono pointed to the sturdy durasteel, grabbed a glowrod from his backpack, twisted it and threw it down into the dark opening.

“Only 5 meter,” Ben grinned and jumped down.

Seha, Kyp and Jysella followed.

Smiling Jono shook his head, hooked up his harness and descended the 5 meter.

Valin waited for Jono to clear the floor and followed.

“This was the easy part,” Jono picked up his glowrod and threw it, illuminating another part of the cave.

Valin saw and followed. He had to crawl, use natural stairs and the Force or a fixed cable to proceed. And he had to stay near Jono, who showed the safe passages. The first store-room was searched; nothing more than some spare ropes, glowrods and emergency rations. Ten store-rooms – some with dummy victims others with more spare stuff – and three hours later Valin was very unsure that this cave would reveal the holocron. But…

Kyp had seen signs that Rostek Horn had visited the cave and was eager to visit the next store-room.

“Durron,” Jono swayed with the glowrod when Kyp passed him.

“Kriff,” Kyp grabbed with both hands his left leg and sagged against the wall.

“Kyp,” Seha rushed to him.

“A rock got me,” Kyp muttered.

Jono held the glowrod near and said “you are lucky. We are near the entrance of the cave. Only a big gash but I have to treat it outside.”

- - -

Wearing blue gloves Jono Bel Hana was busy treating the large gash on the shin of Kyp Durron’s left leg. He had injected the leg with a hefty dose of painkiller, used wads to remove dirt and applied some skin-glue. He was removing a large bactapatch from a sealed package. And in the corner of his eye he saw the four young Jedi busy. Ben had discovered the crate with Corellian ale when he had to get the emergency kit and had asked if Jono liked the stuff. He had replied that he didn’t like the ale at all and wondered where it came from when he picked up one of the toolboxes. Ben had explained, using the Force to guide the crate and emergency kit outside. With Mario and Vince catching the ride back to CorSec headquarters in the Azure Angel the talk had come inevitably to the stashed crates of ale. ‘Mario’s doing! He had the shuttle ready for me after I asked for one.’

“I should never have listened to your father,” Kyp Durron muttered to no one in particular. He was – back supported against the fuselage of the CorSec shuttle – sitting with his left leg perched up on a toolbox. A boot was lying in the grass. A cool breeze was making the treatment he was enduring more or less manageable.

Jono continued with his work and opened a sealed package with a bandage.

“You wanted to help him after you were the cause to pitch him against Kyle Kartarn and got him unable to go with us,” Valin Horn gave a knowing nod to his sister Jysella.

She knew, saw him taking the other end and took a hold on the crate with blue bottles with Corellian ale.

“Don’t give him Corellian ale,” Jono cautioned when he saw Ben reaching for the crate and lifting with the Force one bottle. “I have given him a good dose of painkiller.”

“It’s not for him,” Ben grinned.

“But for me,” Seha snatched the bottle away before Ben could open it. She ran with Valin and Jysella – who were carrying the crate – away with a teasing smile on her face.

“Seha,” Ben spurted after the three young Jedi.

“And they are the protectors of the galaxy,” Jono shook his head after taping the last bandage in place.

“And holocron hunters,” Kyp grinned. “We will wait here until they return. And Jono, I appreciate your help and Corran sure would have.”

“I am doing this for my grandfather and his friend Rostek. We didn’t find the stuff in the cave but Rostek must have had more hiding places here. We still have to explore the new training facility used by us and the ruins. And speaking of ruins,” Jono began to discard his blue gloves “we have to go back to my place. Granddad had a journal mentioning a farmhouse and cabins being a training facility for the Jedi. The ruins were not mentioned by him. And you need some rest and it will be too late to go hiking to the greenhouse.”

“I don’t want to ruin your excellent work,” Kyp said. “Inside?”

“Yes,” Jono helped Kyp to stand up. “There are some pieces left of the fruit-pie and chocolate cake.”

“For us and the youngsters have to hurry if they want some.”

“Arina will have new fruit-pies ready.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent strategy, searching the facility and other locations. Nice bit of teasing there and yes, eat up the chocolate cake and the fruit pies ;)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More troubling and nice moments in the next chapter
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Chapter 17

Khi Mandrak saw the sun colouring the lake and the YT-1300 transport that was now known to her as the Azure Angel in soft orange patterns. She was on a boat, handling a fishing rod with one hand and holding binoculars with the other. After she had contacted Nadav Surrat she was ordered to observe and let the Jedi do the job. ‘We will come and snatch away the holocron after they have retrieved it.’ ‘Send more troops. One Sith and fourteen clones were no match against five Jedi.’ had been her advice.

She didn’t care that the clones were dead – they were soon to be mass produced and if possible enhanced pawns – but the man leading the clones had been a friend. He had been the one – deeply undercover in the Coronet City government-building as an archivist – to discover files leading to the machinations of Rostek Horn before and during the reign of emperor Palpatine. He had revealed this to his superior and had planned the break-in in the CorSec archives. His death in Cormond would have connected the cases for the CorSec investigators. And the Jedi; they were a very unwelcome nuisance. But with troops coming, only five Jedi would be no match. And that CorSec investigator helping the Jedi and inviting them in his house? Khi began to smile wickedly when she saw the first signs of activity in and around the house. ‘You have a wife and son lieutenant Bel Hana.’

- - -

Kyp Durron was stretching languidly in the bed when a slight twitch in his left large toe had him stopping that stretching and swinging away the covers. He opened his eyes. And there it was, the bandage covering most of his shin. But the wound. Was the painkiller that strong to last into the next day? He didn’t feel the wound at all. He rolled on his side and sat up with one fluent move and picked up the covers, glad that they had missed the town made out of building bricks. He observed more closely remembering that he had – after the delicious dinner and a promise to Jeb that he could sleep in the Azure Angel – headed to the bedroom of the boy with inviting clean sheets prompting him to fall asleep almost immediately. Building bricks had been arranged to make a harbour and there was a bright coloured red boat. And that boat had him remembering his childhood days on Deyer playing hide and seek with his older brother Zeth on the quays or just getting in one of the boats and trying to catch a fish. He used the Force to pick up the boat and a soft sigh escaped his lips “Zeth, you got a boat from dad when you celebrated your 14th birthday. We took her on a fishing trip only a week before the imperials came.”

“Memories?”

Kyp looked up to see the open door with Jono – wearing blue gloves – leaning against the opening. “Yes, my brother had a red boat.” He told more about his simple happy life on Deyer with his parents and brother, the stormtroopers arresting them and incarceration in the spice mines on Kessel. He ended very softly “I couldn’t save my brother on Carida. This boat…”

“You like my boat,” Jeb – still clad in his pyjama – padded inside and sat down on the floor. He had been listening for some time. “You can take him. The dentist will give me a new one. He gives me toys after each visit.”

“I can?” Kyp saw the smiling eyes of Jeb.

“Sure,” Jeb laughed. “Jysella showed me her dad’s tugboat. Corran got him from the dentist. Take him and you can play with Corran.”

“I will and thank you Jeb,” Kyp was about to stand up when Jono pointed at the bandaged leg.

“I need to look at your wound,” Jono turned to Jeb. “Go to the kitchen Jeb. Mom is making pancakes.”

“With sprinkles and I will get the dough,” Jeb spurted outside.

Jono got busy.

“I don’t feel a thing,” Kyp observed. “And what did you do? The gash is already closed.”

“Healing powers,” Jono said. “We all have these powers.”

“And the power of sensing something evil,” Kyp said. “I am glad you are helping us to find the holocron.”

“Breakfast first,” Jono headed out of the room.

Kyp used the fresher and started to don his clothes.

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A nail-biter of the first scene sweetly contrasted by the second. Love Kyp's memories, Jeb's offer of the boat, and pancakes!

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, missed two gorgeous updates! Ah well, I caught up.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And it's followed by more intrigue and fun
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @NightWatcher91

Chapter 18

Kyp had the old journal of Jono’s grandfather on the table. He knew now more about Rostek and Jono’s grandfather. The man had owned a house in Firwood – now Jono’s – and had befriended Rostek’s parents during a trip to Firwood. The Horns ended up buying a small cabin. Rostek spent much of his youth there and visited the Jedi training facility regularly and befriended Nejaa Halcyon. The training facility was destroyed by Corellians after Palpatine rose to power enabling Rostek to build his greenhouse and continuing his work to help rebels. “There should be remains of an old farmhouse and shack.”

“There are,” Jono said. “CorSec owns the place with a new training facility and I was there the day before the Cormond Ale case to bring new supplies. And we can visit them today if you are up to some driving and hiking.”

“Driving? Not flying?” Ben – busy eating the first part from his piece of chocolate-cake – looked up briefly from what he was doing. With Seha sitting next to him and already finished with her piece he had to protect the rest of the cake.

“I have a powerboat moored at the quay in the Kirfleet marina,” Jono replied. “We can take it and go to the quay leading to the ruins of a store which was once owned by a Corellian Jedi. From there it’s only a short hike to the training facility. My grandfather mentioned Master Inrini treating those Jedi-trainees on sweets and forgotten items.”

“Never knew the Jedi trained here in Firwood,” Jysella remarked. “But from what I have seen here during our hike yesterday it must have been great to be away from Coruscant. And getting sweets…” and with that she gave a sneaky wink to Seha “who is going to pilot the powerboat?”

“I,” Valin began.

“I,” Kyp interrupted. “And I have a lot of experience.”

“And I like to pilot,” Ben turned his head to Jono.

“And we too but this is even better,” Seha had the plate with Ben’s chocolate-cake floating towards Jysella who cut the cake in half and returned one half to Seha’s plate.

“Thieves,” Ben muttered softly and looked rather disappointed to his now empty plate where only a little crumb remained and a bit louder “choco-addicts.”

“Says who,” Seha managed between chewing on the last piece.

“Choco-girls and it shows,” Valin laughed.

“You are looking sweet Seha,” Ben began to laugh.

“Clean up Seha,” Jono said. “We have to go soon. I will do the piloting and Arina will make a new cake. She is bringing Jeb to his school and will do some shopping. I will leave a message for her. She returns in the afternoon with Jeb.”

“Jeb will love that,” Seha stood up chewing her piece of cake and headed to the sink in the kitchen. Running water was heard and she continued “before he went to sleep in Kyp’s bunk he got a tour of the Azure Angel and the galley was where we stayed some time after discovering what Valin…”

“Now I know where my cake went,” Valin said. “But I don’t mind. I am looking forward to this afternoon.”

“More dirty younglings,” Kyp grinned.

- - -

There were tears of joy in Kyp Durron’s eyes when he was behind the controls of the powerboat. He had helped to push the boat from the quay and was ordered by Jono – the man had planned this from the beginning but was unreadable in the Force – to go in the pilot-seat. Kyp had with a broad grin on his face. And that grin was replaced by tears of sadness when he saw their destiny – the outskirts of Firwood – in the distance. One of the houses – if you blotted out the lush greens of trees and shrubs – reminded him of his home on the raft-city. It had the same red-tiled roof. Jono had comforted him, sitting next to him and whispering that the ruins next to that home were their destination. ‘I have been there exploring. You will see why young Jedi liked to go shopping in Keara’s shop. Some of the shop remained after it was torched by Rostek’s friends to show that Corellians were loyal imperials.’
    Kyp guided the boat to the quay and helped to secure it.

- - -

“They were in good moods when they left,” Khi Mandrak had guided her boat towards a structure that appeared as a float with a man sitting on it and handling a fishing rod. The float was in reality the airlock of an infiltrator, now mostly submerged in the lake after landing there using stealth during approach.

“You think they will find the holocron today?”

“Yes Nadav. The Jedi are going to the most likely place to find the holocron. Get ready with your force and wait for my signal. I have found a place to hide our negotiation material. We will go there when the Jedi are returning to the Bel Hana home.”

“My friends are longing for action. Go and observe my beloved.”

“I will.”

tbc

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the choco-girls comment and stealing the last piece of cake. [face_mischief] Looking forward to any discoveries but the last scene - uh-oh. [face_worried] Edge of seatness coming up @};-

19. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Two great updates! :D

Choco-addicts. [face_laugh]

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The Jedi are going to the most likely place to find the holocron.

I hope so, too!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They will find more stuff and have some fun before the action starts
    And more
    First some fun
    @AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    Revanfan1

Chapter 19

The shop was in ruins but being built out of red bricks and having a sturdy wooden structure the walls and part of the roof were still standing. Windows and door were gone. The ‘angry’ Corellians had used stones to destroy the windows and set the shop afire. But not all was destroyed. Some of the goods inside had survived and a store-room was almost intact. The years had been kind to the remains, shrouding them with foliage and giving a place to settle for birds and rodents.

Kyp was standing at what remained of the counter and trying to pry the lid from a jar with interesting things in it. The jar was old – probably from the days of the old republic and once the most interesting thing to be found in the shop for Jedi younglings – had survived the fire and the contents too but Kyp had recognised those contents. They were packaged sweets with – if he was right – in each wrapper a picture of one of the famous slamball champions. He had found it immediately after Jono had guided them into the abandoned store.

“Nice swimming trunks. Hey Ben come and see. Nah beige coloured. And those shirts… flowers … nah … and that… maybe when it’s wet… not likely or you should grow your beard again… that Nerffur… I liked it.”

Kyp grinned when he heard the soft conversation between his companions. Seha and Jysella had discovered the intact store-room with clothes.

“Take it with you,” Jono said. “We have to go. Lunch will be waiting when we arrive at the training facility.”

“A prepared lunch? Who is there?” Kyp had the jar in his hands.

“Mario and Vince,” Jono replied. “I could convince them to make lunch but there was one condition.”

“I see,” Kyp said. “They want to see a lightsaber fight.”

“They do and we don’t want them waiting. And by the way Vince is famous for making stuffed bread.”

“Let’s go.” Only now Kyp heard the soft rumbling of his stomach. And he began to laugh when he saw what the girls were carrying.

- - -

Kyp was still laughing when he was watching Seha and Jysella sparring with their lightsabers. The girls had donned after the delicious lunch their goodies from the store-room. And what made Kyp laugh after the sparring? Vince’s and Mario’s comments of course after the girls stopped their last demonstration and showed their sweaty shirts, one bright pink with a flowery print and the other yellow with pink dots.

“I could see moves in the beginning because of the different shirts. Then it became a blur. WOW these moves were fast. No wonder those Sith ended up dead. Jedi are gorgeous. And deadly.”

And the discussion between the girls and Vince and Mario made Kyp and Ben, Valin and Jono laugh even more.

“It was impressive and quite exhausting?”

“Not at all.”

“This makes you hungry?”

“Uh yes.”

“Give me your recipe for stuffed bread and I will show you how to fight.”

“You can?”

“Uh I don’t know if I am up to a fight with a deadly blade of light.”

“It’s a lightsaber Vince. Give the girl the recipe. I too want to learn more about the lightsaber and its use.”

“Girls and men and lightsabers is a terrific combination,” Kyp grinned. “Jono, we have work.”

“I will get the girls,” Jono sauntered towards the foursome. “Mario, the girls have to help with our search first. Maybe – if we aren’t successful today – you have to come back tomorrow. And they will help you to train.”

“Alright,” Mario looked at his chrono and towards Vince. “Our shift is beginning in two hours.”

“And you know,” Vince headed to the CorSec speeder. “I have to make stuffed bread for Angela and the coroner’s office too.”

“Let’s not keep them waiting,” Mario spurted after his colleague.

tbc

AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum on the stuffed bread and LOL on the colorful shirts

23. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yikes! Those shirts. Fashion disaster, I think. :p

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Time for the Fashion Police [face_rofl] :p

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And will the shirt remain colorful?
    Sure and soon to be remedied by...
    some digging will take care of the shirts

And the chapter ends with

@AzureAngel2
    @Gemma
    @Nyota's Heart
    @Revanfan1

Chapter 20
    Khi Mandrak had her hoverdroid ready. She had guided it over the training facility, had laughed at the antics of the girls and CorSec officers and had it looking for a place to settle near the ruins of the old farmhouse. It was now perched in a tree near the ruins. She would wait. The conversations and images were very clear. As soon as there was a positive result she would give the order.

- - -

Kyp saw that Jono was shovelling dirt and debris away and doing this more and more slowly. There was something that Jono didn’t want to see at all and it showed on his now very pale face.

“This must have been one of Rostek’s hiding places,” Valin was very resolute in flinging the dirt and heavy bricks on a growing pile and even more resolute when he uncovered the remains of a tarpaulin hiding a durasteel plate with a handle. And he was getting very dirty just like the three other young Jedi and Jono but he didn’t mind. That Kyp remained on the sideline having an overview of the work didn’t mind him at all.

“Jono knows,” Jysella halted helping her brother and turned to Jono. With a soothing voice she continued “you are sensing what your grandfather sensed all those years ago. You can stay outside. We will take the holocron away.”

“For my granddad and officer Magaron the holocron was giving disturbing feelings,” Jono whispered. “I hope it doesn’t affect you too. For the Sith it was a reason to come to Corellia. And I hope the Sith left after their defeat at Cormond.”

“I sense no Sith,” Jysella started digging again. She was covered with dirt and dust clinging to her now very sweaty shirt that showed only a few pink dots on a dirty yellow surface.

“We will see what this place is hiding,” Valin had the trap-door freed of the tarpaulin. He tugged at the handle to open the trap-door revealing stairs. He was the first to go down in the large cellar hewn out of the natural bedrock and found the large durasteel box and was soon – with Jysella, Ben and Seha joining him – rummaging in the box and putting interesting items in his backpack.

“Rostek collected seeds,” Jysella put a flimsyplast box in her brother’s backpack. She didn’t want to smudge her clean shirt, put there before the lightsaber demonstration.

“There,” Valin reached for an item. “It is just as Rostek has described; a clearplast satchel with a holocron and report.”

“An unknown design not pointing to Sith- or known Jedi holocrons,” Ben took the satchel from Valin and got a thoughtful look on his face for one instant marred with pain. “But I have seen this design when I was with my father in the Maw. No wonder Jono is reacting so badly. He is a natural user of the light side of the Force. Vestara… the Sith… no wonder…” his voice trailed off.

“Abeloth,” Seha took the holocron, opened her backpack and put it inside. The satchel wouldn’t smudge her shirt that much. “Maybe this will lead us to Mortis and a way to get the dagger of Mortis. We have what we want.”

“And I have more stuff for my dad,” Valin had the box now empty and replaced the lid.

“Corran will love it,” Ben said. “And now with all that digging I am really looking forward to get my fingers in…”

“The cakebatter is for Jeb and me,” Seha interrupted. “And we might be too late for that. We have to…”

“Pilot the powerboat back and clean up before sticking fingers in a bowl with batter,” Valin nodded with his head spraying dust and debris from the digging everywhere and headed to the stairs.

“Succes,” Kyp saw Valin coming with a big smile on his face, soon followed by Jysella and Ben. Seha was last. And he saw Jono backing away. The real stuff was found and secure in Seha’s backpack. “You do the piloting Jono and we will keep the holocron as far from you as possible.”

“Thanks,” Jono began to walk with brisk steps towards the path leading to the old shop.

Kyp hurried after him and was there – almost coming to the quay where the powerboat was moored – when Jono stumbled.

“Arina! Jeb!” Jono shouted.

Kyp caught Jono before he fell and sensed the anguish coursing through the man. “What’s happening?”

“Have to go home,” Jono whispered. Tears began to stream down his face. “Arina! Jeb!”

“We will and I will pilot the boat,” Kyp supported Jono all the way on the quay, soon helped by Ben, Valin and Jysella.

Seha kept some distance. She had the holocron and that scared Jono. But what had him in anguish for his family?

“Ben get us back as soon as possible,” Kyp took – holding Jono – a Force assisted jump and landed in the powerboat.

Ben jumped in sliding behind the controls and was gunning the engine when Seha landed on the prow – as far away from Jono and Kyp as possible with both on the passenger-seats in the stern – and Jysella and Valin settled just behind him.

“We will help you Jono,” Kyp soothed.

tbc[face_devil]:eek:[face_nail_biting]

Revanfan1, mulberry and AzureAngel2 like this.