main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001

Pablo's right. That is how the ship's name is pronounced in the Star Wars Radio Drama by several different actors, including Anthony Daniels.

And honestly, it sounds great. I can't imagine pronouncing it with two syllables. "Tan-tive" is rubbish.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    No, writing "Tantive" instead of "Tantivy" or even "Tantivee" is rubbish.

Besides, half the time it's pronounced "Sundered Heart".

Edit: Was it pronounced in the X-Wing game? Because if it was, that's the only pronunciation that the LEU needs to worry about.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was Axel, the synthpoper from the east, from the swedish comic Medley by Lisa Medin, it is a comic were music can be used as a weapon.

[​IMG]
    I admit that I did not make a fully faithful cosplay since I did not use that sports-bra of a tanktop, instead I went with a Kraftwerk like look with red shirt and black tie.
    Since he usually carry the synthesizer fully bandaged on his shoulder so did I use a bandaged board to represent it. Lisa Medin had no problem with my adaptation and, as I said, was really happy that somebody cosplayed her creation.:)

If you are interest so should you be able to read (or rather look at the art since it is in swedish) a preview here http://medley.lisamedin.com/smakprov/

Barriss_Coffee and TrakNar like this.
  4. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

I like Capaldi a lot. Seems like he'll be able to stand out even in a crap episode better than Matt Smith could; Smith would drown in his own enthusiasm and buy into dumb stuff way too easily, but Capaldi seems like he'll inject a little cynicism into his performances when something stupid happens.

But Jesus, I'm so tired of Vastra and Jenny. Hamfistedly repeating how married they are even when it's irrelevant to what they're responding to isn't doing anybody any favors; it's no more noble to establish your show's token lesbian couple and establish them again and make sure you know for sure they're established and then do it two more times... than it is to just establish your show's token lesbian couple and then let them be characters.

Capaldi's performance aside, the experience of watching the show isn't all that enjoyable to me anymore. Dunno.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  5. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Pretty much. It'd be cooler if they just let them be regular mystery-solvers who work with the police occasionally, sorta like Sherlock Holmes but not.

6. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The old-style internet parody is also a bit of "A long long time ago" now, amusingly.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, maybe we'll get a bit of the old magic from the Rebels news thing, but considering how quickly the audio HNN died in regards to the CWAS, I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, the next best candidate - WEG's successor FFG - seems to be sticking to 'undefined' time between ANH and ESB, and it's unlikely they'll do something like the news reports in the old SWAJ. (Then again, WEG was like that in the beginning, too- I guess we'll have to see when they've exhausted the obvious splatbooks for the three core lines)

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have recently read Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force and wanted to make some comments, is there a thread were I can do that?

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    You know you're getting old when you realise you now check people's ring fingers by force of habit.

11. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Mine is a little longer than the index finger, but only in the right hand.

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    WEREWOLF!

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Get of Fenris, Silver Fang or Uktena?

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Mr. Jenkins. Obvs.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    After nearly eight years on development, Europa Barbarorum II (mod for medieval 2) has been released.

Move over Rome 2, it's time for the real classical antiquity game!

16. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My ring finger is also longer than my index finger.

It's a nice, sunny day outside and I'm stuck inside with a cold.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Best license agreement ever:

[​IMG]

18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    And now for something completely different...

Amish buggy-jacked in Lancaster County

Only in Pennsylvania do I see these types of headlines. I'll add this one to the pile, along with a headline about an Amish DUI.

Darth_Garak and Gamiel like this.
  19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    My SO just called from Disney - not only did she get all the best scenes on Star Tours (Vader, Ackbar, big celebration at end), she was the Rebel spy!

Sorry, Jello. :p

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Apology accepted, Captain Blackmyron.

[​IMG]

Point Given , Gamiel and blackmyron like this.
  21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This is why I love reddit as much as I do:

[​IMG]

And, yes -- judging by his post history, which includes his AMAs -- that's really him.

JackG, Vthuil, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  22. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Second day of grad school. Drowning in books to read. Send help / free food.

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    As another student free food would be appreciated.

As an engineer student all the course materials are luckily in the Internet, I "only" have to find out how to solve mathematical problems (without understanding the theory, what am I, a math student?) and find a way to not get distracted by the Internet every time I study.

Gamiel and darthscott3457 like this.
  24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    No-one sent me free food when I was a student. Learning to fend for yourselves is part of the experience. Get off my lawn.

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The_Forgotten_Jedi, what's your field of study? I was fortunate enough not to have too many food issues in graduate school, because by then I was married (and still am) to a man with a "real" job (i.e., in software) who could support me in the manner to which I had become accustomed, so to speak. But I know enough folks who have had to subsist on instant ramen that I'm definitely sympathetic with your plight.

Ulicus: pobrecito. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.