main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There are more people practicing Jediism in the UK! Their faith should be rewarded!:p

2. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    Listings often appear on one country's Amazon website ahead of others for no apparent reason. The Rebels: Spark of Rebellion DVD appeared on Amazon.co.uk before others.

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Where's the difference if content is the same? When I didn't get uncut versions of several Spartacus seasons here, I bought Italian and Dutch DVDs/Blurays. They all contained 'my' language version even if it wasn't written on the case. I'd buy any version of Season 6 just to get my fix, no matter where it came from. The German DVD versions, for example, also contain English, French, Italian and Dutch language tracks.

AkashKedavra_93 and Gudenruben2 like this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    No it doesn't. Questions that still need answering
    How did Maul get his Spider Legs ?
    How did Maul get a talking snake ?
    How did Maul end up on another planet ?
    How did Obi-wan learn Mauls name ?
    Why bother bringing back Maul when they already had a proto Maul in Savaage anyway ?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it should all remain unknown. Makes Darth Maul more mysterious.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

As I said I'm very picky lol. I'd prefer English cover. Though if I have to resort to a German version then I will. But I wouldn't buy it unless someone can confirm after its released that it does have the english versions. I would hope that before then that UK Netflix will get it before then.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  8. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    It seems that Lucasfilm is rewarding its loyal German fans. This is great news. At the very least I'll be able to use the German bluray video with the itunes audio to produce a cinematic season 6. I'm sure we'll eventually get a UK and/or US version though.

9. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    He used the force and built the apparatus himself

He saved his life from a fire breather

as he fell down the shaft he used the force and slipped through an air vent kinda like Luke in episode 5, he landed in water and was dumped into a container that was then taken to Lotho Minor

No idea....all this was taken from Wookiepedia

cwustudent and Iron_lord like this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm pretty sure all those questions were answered behind the scenes by Filoni.

As for how the Jedi learned Maul's name, I think the answer from Filoni was that Gunray had revealed it while being questioned.

11. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    I had written a fan fiction story once where it was the Jedi who retrieved Maul based on a line from Mace in an episode 1 draft where he said they recovered the body. Anyway one of the Jedi healers decided to use an ancient Jedi technique to somehow read his mind, I didn't really think that part through. And the healer went insane from what she found and realized that Maul was still alive but barely so she took him away but her ship crashed on Lotho Minor and she built the spider legs for him, Maul himself goes insane in the process and kills her after she's done, that's when Morley (The snake) finds them both and eats the healer and pledges his loyalty to Maul

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah most of the questions were answered word of god style by Filoni. As to why bring Maul back at all? It was a lame idea and probably a marketing one for TPM 3D. But thanks to great execution the lame idea turned out to be one of TCW's better ones IMO. What Maul did was to provide an actual rival for one of the heroes, Obi-wan. Every super hero needs a villain right? And unlike say Dooku and Anakin, Maul became an honorary OC with his reintroduction which gave him a rare bit of unpredictability in an animated series that was mainly chained down by centralizing around characters whose stories were already told in the movies. The Shadow Conspiracy arc was excellent IMO because of all the OCs that were in it. Maul was easily one of the most threatening and effective villains who took the stage. And thanks to him Palpatine got to come onto the screen and show off what happens when someone really thinks they can try and play his chess game. Savage just didn't have a rivalry built up with any characters although he could have if he'd' been developed that way. Instead Savage's character arc was pretty much the brute who who was turned into a primal monster to substitute for his brother. Whom ultimately he was no substitute for.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Just found this funny that I said EUropeans because of the EU.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Actually it wasn't the writing team that made the decision it was this one guy named George Lucas. You may have heard of him.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    I used to think it was a cop out though "oh he survived being chopped in half by being really really mad". compare it to Anakin I guess who lost two legs and half an arm then was set on fire yet he survived by being really really mad too lol

I guess on the bright side Maul no longer needs to take bathroom breaks

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think Lucas made the right decision to bring Maul back, it made for some great episodes and a good comic series. It also showed the audience that Sidious will use everyone as a means to his end goals. Maul referred to him as the "great deceiver" which not only applies to the Jedi and public, but the Sith and other darkside users as well. Resurrecting Maul not only gave him depth, but Sidious as well.

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  17. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    my own personal feelings on the matter have always been that he survived with Duct Tape, got from Naboo to that junk planet via FedEx, and no, he doesn't have to use the bathroom, he'll just explode when he's 50 (and I really don't want to be around when that happens).

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Whether one thinks it was a lame idea or not was not my point. The blame or credit for it should go to the person actually responsible, George Lucas, not the ambiguous "TCW writing team" nor the specific people on it.

Clone Trooper Rex likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, to be fair...it was Lucas, and the purpose was to sell more TPM 3D tickets.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Jax_the_Admiral likes this.
  21. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Me too and I still feel shame...

22. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    I don't, I took my nephews to see it. they wouldn't stop singing duel of the Fates while the lightsaber battle was going on but still a great time was had by all.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Hey, if enjoyed it that's all that matters.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Did Season 2 & 3 have no "Director's Cut" episodes?

Are the episodes that were sold on iTunes the TV versions or the Director's Cut?

Are the Director's Cut episodes on the DVDs all on Netflix?

25. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

It doesn't really matter (to me) whether Maul was brought back by Lucas or Filoni or the TCW Writing team.
    Whoever ordered his resurrection after such a horrific death in TPM caused a lack of an in-universe explanation as to how he survived.