main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    To paraphrase RoTS:

"Darth Maul was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise that he could keep the ones he cared about (specifically, himself) from dying"

:D

2. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    If Maul can't go to the bathroom but he has to eat... so many questions.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You may not accept the explanation provided and I'd agree they should have gone into more details but saying they didn't provide an IU explanation is incorrect.

This actually shows why Darth Maul's survival has no impact on the tale of Darth Plagueis in Ep. III. Darth Maul was only able to save himself and not through any kind of specific training he learned. That's not going to help Anakin save Padme. Darth Plagueis developed training so that he could teach someone how to save other people from dying. It still makes perfect sense for Anakin to be surprised because he's been taught that Sith only care about themselves while the Jedi have no teachings about keeping others alive. Darth Maul's survival works right into that and keeps the surprise of hearing about this power it doesn't make sense for a Sith to have developed and been able to teach.

I like the movie and definitely had fun, but I still feel the slimy residue of having once again been raped of every possible cent by the Star Wars merchandisers.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    There's also something else he can't do. Poor guy.

cwustudent and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be enough to fuel his hatred right there.

One big hate-enhanced colostomy bag.

6. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    TPM 3D was my son's first Star Wars movie at a movie theater, and I loved how he enjoyed it, so ... yes, I'm cool with it.

Paparazzo and cwustudent like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I took my kids for that reason and they had a good time.

I nodded off during the Senate scenes. [face_blush] But the pod race was great, and worth the price of the 3D ticket.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The pod race scene is all about the sound system IMO. Looking back I wish I'd seen more of the PT in theaters.

9. Clone Wars 82

Clone Wars 82 Jedi Padawan

Aug 5, 2014
    I wonder if in season 8 they would have shown the deleted screens from revenge of the sith. Like when the senate tries to make the rebels alliance, or shak ti dying. If you watch the DVD deleted scenes George Lucas says he wanted those sevens in the movie Utah they made the movie to long and he wanted to focus on Anakin's downfall.

10. Clone Wars 82

Clone Wars 82 Jedi Padawan

Aug 5, 2014

11. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So here's a question that we often get with characters and with Clone Wars we're no different. So it's how far does a characters motivations go before they don't become justified in their actions or are justified in their actions?

Not every character's motivations you'll agree with and sometimes you will agree. I don't feel Vizsla is justified in his actions in A Friend In Need probably because it's murder for the sake of murder and it doesn't really paint him in the light he wants to be seen. On the other hand I feel Ahsoka is justified in her actions in the Season 5 finale arc mainly because after all she went through a lot in that arc and if she just forgived Anakin and the Council and said "Tough luck master no harm done you made a mistake let's go off together again" then it would have been the easy route and the more insulting route. You can't just apologise simply you need to earn it and I think had the show continued Anakin would have earned his forgiveness and even then he tried to set things right as best as he could while also doing what he was asked. It's one of those times where I felt Anakin's development as a character worked and showed how far their friendship has come. But anyway enough about where do you draw the line with a character's motivation where you either agree or disagree? And please try to remain civil.

So in sort of a continuation of my previous post I'd like to see people's thoughts regarding how a situation in the Clone Wars could have been handled better? Whether it be a storyline, character, plotline anything. So because it got brought up in the newest episode of the show and since I discussed it below:

How to fix Barriss Ofee's turn to the darkside kind of sort of. Personally if it were up to me I wouldn't have her turn evil because she had no reason to but if you have too give a justification to it then I'll say this. Have something happen where she dampens her trust in the Jedi and maybe even her master. She says the Jedi are the ones who should be locked up for causing this war. Okay when did you realise this? What happened that caused you to think this way? Show that whether it be something where she lost someone she cared about and the Jedi didn't react to it in a way that felt like they cared or maybe you wanted to help a world but the Jedi felt it wasn't their problem? Or have her captured by Separatists and maybe experience their point of view similar to when Ahsoka and Padme met Lux and his mom and then maybe she questions which side she should be on? Really any of these reasons would have garnered a better explanation. Have this built up from some point in the series. And I know people would say its a twist and sort of comes out of nowhere bet you didn't see that coming but that's my problem it came from nowhere. I sometimes get people do stupid things and people do ******* things like the bad guys in the new Season of Legend Of Korra they have a motivation but at the end of the day they are *******s who just want to start a new world order without the Avatar but those aren't established good guy characters we came to trust. Barriss was a somewhat developed character we knew and to see this happen with no build up or reason not only does it make no sense it's insulting to the character. But anyway that's just how I would fix it how would you fix it or any situation from the Clone Wars you felt could have been done better?

And again someone just get rid of the two repeats of my previous post again it was a mistake on my computer's part.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka in the season 5 finale has been discussed about a million times, including whether she was justified in being unforgiving.

Episode 5.20 discussion thread

That probably has the most.

I did not like A Friend in Need at all, have blocked out most of it. Are you referring to the Death Watch attack on the village? No opinion on Pre Visla's motives here because I just don't care that much.

Where do I draw the line? At whether the character is behaving in a way that keeps me entertained. Ahsoka definitely did not in The Wrong Jedi, she annoyed me, and with Visla I was apathetic.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, all that is really required is for the motivations and actions to work in a way that I find valuable as a viewer, that's all, it just has to "do it" for me. That's all.

My personal agreement has little to nothing to do with it.

I have found value in motivations I disagree with many times (they're called villains), and there have been motivations I agree with that have done nothing for me.

Agreed about A Friend in Need.

However, in the Mauldalore arc, I remember feeling sympathy for his feeling that his culture had been oppressed and driven underground, and that his people were suffering from denying their warrior ways, despite me not actually sharing his zeal.

I'll start with the disclaimer that I have not seen the very last episode of S5, nor do I have any desire to.

But uh, I seem to remember people saying Ahsoka blamed herself, that she said she couldn't trust herself, which certainly doesn't "do it" for me, doesn't possess any value to me as a viewer. They made her a martyr, not for her cause or belief, but for something she didn't even do, for something she had little to do with, for something that was done to her, for something she was basically an innocent bystander in, for something she was the victim of. That's just worthless to me, it's just as insulting as her accepting an apology indiscriminately, and just reeks of wanting to martyr Ahsoka because she's just too good for this galaxy, too good to even place blame on the people the show itself clearly places blame on. The show goes out of its way to portray certain characters in a bad light, but they didn't want the holy Ahsoka to get dragged into something so unbecoming of the martyred saint they try to portray her as. They wanted to say the Jedi were meanies, but they didn't want Ahsoka to actually say it, because that would drag her down into the mud with everyone else. It would have been more justified for Ahsoka to basically tell them to **** themselves and walk off giving them the middle finger. Or, even more justified, to simply have her not want to continue her relationship with the Jedi Order simply because she doesn't want to continue the relationship anymore, due to mistrust in them (not in herself, it makes no sense to distrust yourself after you get cheated) and feeling hurt and betrayed, the same reasons one would end a relationship with anyone. We all know "it's not you, it's me" is a load of crap.

Or, even more justified, to have her be legitimately hurt by the whole thing...but continue with the Jedi Order because, you know, I'm pretty sure this is the first time the Jedi Order has wronged her in any meaningful way. I mean, one strike and they're out? Perhaps she could forgive them in time...or perhaps it's a wound she continues to carry with her for the rest of her days. But, since the show was canceled and this was sorta rushed together as her ending (no?), I guess they didn't have time for anything so nuanced. I guess she just had to go right then and there.

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    If you had a magic wand and could "fix" the episode, what would you change?

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd have Ahsoka stay in the Order. No drama queen on the Temple steps.

And maybe there would be a line from Mace or Yoda on the lines of suspicion about Tarkin and surprise about the Republic running a kangaroo court.

And the bomber would be an unknown character.

16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd change the first episode around so that the bomber could simply just be Letta Turmond. I mean, she physically does the deed anyway, they just had her conspiring with Barriss. Remove that last part.

That way you'd still have your "the Jedi are erring from their path" message, and it would more strongly instill the idea that the public are dissatisfied with the Jedi Order.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Dug flying behind Anakin and Obi-Wan and yelling "JEDI POO-DOO!" during the speeder chase scene was enough for me regarding public dissatisfaction with the Order.

I agree about leaving Letta as the bomber though. Just leave her as a psycho making the Jedi a scapegoat for the war.

18. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I would have it the exact same, except instead of Barriss Offee (totes butchered that xD) being the bmber, it would be one or both of the Padawans she rescued in the Chewbacca arc.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't like the whole "Ahsoka got betrayed!!!" storyline at all so I think I would have liked a Wookiee Hunt Bomber even less.

The bomber should have had no connection whatsoever with Ahsoka, and if the show wanted to take the angle of her being accused, it should have just been a situation with her being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Paparazzo likes this.
  20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    "Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi!"

Sorry, just thought of that line and had to let it out.

21. SarlacsDinnerParty

SarlacsDinnerParty Jedi Knight

Aug 24, 2014
    I was wondering when and if the lost missions were gonna be avalable on dvd ? Has there been any News on this ?

22. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Nov.20, at least in Germany. According to current Amazon info it comes with both a German and English language version; seasons 1 to 5 came with those as well as with French, Italian and Dutch versions.

23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I was never really a big fan of any of the non 6 films expanded universe stuff, but out of curiosity n bordem I started watching The Clones Wars. Really showcases how big the SW universe is. I love the episodes that dont feature Obi Wan n Anakin all that much, allowing us to learn about other characters in the era.

very interesting.....

cwustudent likes this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've got a feeling the UK will never see a release of The Lost Missions. Or at least not for a very long time. Might just get the German BR, then.

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Just finished the Yoda arc. Anyone here seen All Dogs Go to Heaven? It was totally like that. Totally. "Come back Yoda... Come back Charlie... Touch the Dark Side and you can never go baaaaaack........"

Also, Dooku's a riot. "I told you all you needed to know.... all those years ago on Geonosis."

What, last year Dookman? I'll give it two years max. You're 90 bro. Two years is nothing.