main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in Star Wars rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by MrRC-Sev, Aug 22, 2014.

1. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    Do you think Boba fett should be in Star Wars rebels? As a real bounty hunter now instead of a whiny emo kid? They need to show why Boba is actually the galaxies best bounty hunter, there should be several story arcs about him perhaps leading death watch or a new sect of mandalorians, or make him go on bounties. I just really hope he doesn't chase down the maincast, the empire sucks when they chase down the cast

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I would like to see him in Rebels, but would want him to be wearing his armor from the Holiday Special and Droids.

3. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
    They'd be crazy not to put him in. He's a popular character with a 20 year gap in his story. It would also make new fans and more hype for the supposed Boba Fett movie.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Yes yes yesssss....bring on the Fett!

CoolyFett likes this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Unlike Anakin Skywalker in the PT, I never saw Boba Fett in TCW as a "whiny emo kid" in the slightest.

He starts out as someone who is willing to kill in cold blood to avenge his father but has natural human hesitations about the collateral slaughter involved, and quickly evolves into a completely ruthless killer, if not instantly the brightest one in the galaxy. Another example of TCW bringing the whole Star Wars saga together much better than the PT.

CoolyFett, morrison85, Cevan and 7 others like this.
  6. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Boba has to be in Rebels.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Boba Fett will be in rebels I bet.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I love Boba and with the series being set during the period it is, I'd absolutely like to see him featured at least once (but I'd gladly have him show up a few times, as with TCW).

Oh, and extra points to Kez-Iban for wanting to see Imperial Era armor on Fett. Great idea.

I'd love to see something like this, and if not sourced from Droids or the Holiday Special, then maybe just a stylized design which reflects a combination of his early prototype looks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I love the DIY jaig eyes in the "First Prototype" armor, the gloves, gauntlets and long weapon with curly wires protruding from his left gauntlet in the "Second Prototype," and the generally more blue-ish color for his flight suit in both.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't even be averse to seeing his proposed look from 1313 showing up.

[​IMG]

If we are going to see him, rather than just giving us his iconic ESB armor with his ROTJ carbine (because that's the combination I would honestly expect to see), please let's continue the Rebels trend of putting early concept/prototype looks to good use!

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Boba Fett in Rebels is a lay up.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's guaranteed I feel.

11. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Yeah and I'm sure he will be.

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's just so obvious what can and should be done with him. This is Boba's time to shine. If he's not treated as an awesome bounty hunter...what the hell. I mean, you could make an entire series, an awesome series, on Boba Fett in the dark times. The entire Rebels series could just be a chase plot with Boba on the tails of the heroes basically the whole time, and it could be awesome. I'm not saying they have to do this, or even that they should (I don't think they should, and I know they won't), just that it's so well suited that they could. An entire series? No. An entire season? Maybe, but nah. A stunning three episode arc? At least. Boba Fett should get to be the badass Jubal Early was based on.

I just don't know how they can mess this up, it's a lay up. I guess they could get super high on themselves and get "creative" and go for some half baked, blind-folded, full court hook shot hail mary, as is their wont, but if they do they better not miss, because they had the easiest two points in the world. They'd be utter fools for missing a wide open lay up. (except this has the potential to be so good so easily it could be a lay up worth more than two points)

Based on what I've heard, the ideas they have, how they're going about this show....I don't know, I'm almost expecting them to mess this up. I can see them going "lol let's subvert everyone's expectations by turning Boba into a clumsy clown wouldn't that be funny it's like art after all he did fall in the sarlacc lol we're geniuses because we're doing something different, high five guys, we're real artists making real art." But I'm like 95% sure even the crew at Rebels isn't that dumb. No, Boba doesn't get locked in a box here (which was brilliant when it happened in TCW), he's the one locking people in boxes now.

Oh, and I do not nor have I ever liked Boba Fett, but even I can see the obvious potential here.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I really wasn't sold on this, but I have to admit I am after reading your full explanation.

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am sure Fett will be in it at some point. The 1313 storyline should be set around this time, but it is doubtful the writers will use some of it but it could be adopted in some manner for an arc as Feloni and his team often try and use stuff from the EU(and unused concepts) but often attaching their own spin to it. I do not think they ever explored his connection to Mandalore. CW introduced many Fett looking characters and now they have Sabine. Wonder what happens to Mandalore, it is still under Maul's rule, did the the CIS or the Empire nuke the planet in retaliation? Why is Sabine interested in restoring the Republic or is she on the team out of revenge for some other reason? Lots of questions really that need some exploration and closure.

15. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I wanna see if Dave Filoni has the guts to introduce Boba Fett with the holiday special armor lol. Say what you will about the movie, but that armor looked pretty cool. Filoni would earn some mad respect from me!:p

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That was not just the only tolerable part of the Holiday Special, it was the only epic part.

Kez-Iban and Jax_the_Admiral like this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe, the prototype white armor being seen on some mando is likely or even concept Fett armored mercenaries. Feloni did insert Kenner's Walrus Man into the Gascon/Droid episodes as a background character.

Trebor Sabreon and Kez-Iban like this.
  18. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes to be honest,the only true Star Wars for me is the clone wars

I heard that EA is remaking 1313

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL.

There was that movie that was actually called Star Wars.

Thankfully it did really well and its creator decided to go for a sequel, then another, which were also popular and iconic.

TCW owes its very existence to the greatness of these films.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    MrRC-Sev Please don't post more than once in a row, as it is considered spam.

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I guess I'd say the "only true" Star Wars for me (not my preferred way of putting it by any stretch...) would be the OT plus TCW minus about 10 - 20 of my least favorite episodes. Although I like a lot in Ep. I and Ep. III I could really do without the whole PT. I thought about including the micro series, but as much as I love it the power levels of the Force-users really make no sense with the rest of the saga.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I thought I'd heard rumblings of the game "maybe," "possibly" finding its way back out of development hell, too.

But if it ever does, it looks as though it will come under a different moniker?

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85613835&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Disney "abandoned" its STAR WARS 1313 trademark.

23. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    It may have abondoned it, but EA is making a new open world Star Wars.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd love it if they did go ahead with the game.

As a fan of the character, a game centered on Boba Fett during his young prime sounded pretty cool to me (and I'm not normally a gamer).

That said, if they don't decide to pursue 1313 any further, I sure hope they incorporate some of the game's ideas and story lines into any Star Wars: Underworld series, Rebels, or some kind of format. It all sounded really cool to me.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I guess I'd say the "only true" Star Wars for me (not my preferred way of putting it by any stretch...) would be the OT plus TCW minus about 10 - 20 of my least favorite episodes. Although I like a lot in Ep. I and Ep. III I could really do without the whole PT. I thought about including the micro series, but as much as I love it the power levels of the Force-users really make no sense with the rest of the saga.