main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    If only Yoda had responded, "Yeah, you told me-- and then you dropped a war on my head! Excuuuuse me for being a little distracted with saving my fellow Jedi to follow up on all your crazy-sounding rumors, even if they do turn out to be true later on! Jerk."

2. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Hard for Yoda to respond to something Dooku said to Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  3. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi guys! I'm a little new around here, but I saw this thread, and I really like the clone wars so I decided to jump in.

Quick question, what are the rules regarding spoilers here? Is it kosher for everything except the Lost Missions or is everything fair game?

Thanks!

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wouldn't everything be fair game at this point as far as TCW goes? The Lost Missions are six months old.

Leaving it to a mod to answer definitively though.

gracesonnet and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've been having a rewatch of TCW from the beginning - and certain things stand out.

In Destroy Malevolence, Padme is tricked into going there, by a message telling her that the Supreme Leader of the Banking Clan wishes to leave the Separatist Alliance, and cut some kind of a deal. This strongly suggests that, early in the war at least, the Banking Clan was in the Separatist Alliance - they weren't "neutral".

In Bombad Jedi, Padme talks about Onaconda Farr having been "my father's strongest ally in the Senate" - this suggests that Padme's father was a major political figure as well - King or Senator of Naboo. Don't remember seeing any pre-TCW references to that.

Cevan and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Didn't Padme's father run the Refugee Relief Movement in the Plagueis novel? I assumed Farr was a Senator who helped him get funding.

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think TCW Season 1 predates the Plagueis novel.

EDIT: However, when I look Ruwee up on Wookieepedia, it does say that the TCW Season 1 Episode Guide clarifies that what was meant was that he was president of the Refugee Relief Movement.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruwee_Naberrie

cwustudent and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    09-10 compared to 2012

9. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    I thought that Palps killing Plagueis happened before TCW season 1.

At least, Plagueis was never brought up. IT always kinda seemed to me that it happened before TCW started, but maybe I just need to read the book again...

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Release date.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Darth Plagueis novel Plagueis dies right before the Battle of Naboo (TPM).

Prior to that, the Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader novel had Palpatine remembering to himself some of Plagueis's lessons (and that he killed Plagueis in his sleep) but never said precisely when Plagueis died.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome to the boards and I'm glad your enjoy TCW. Nothing with TCW requires spoiler tags much as I wish randomly more lost episodes would be announced. Lost Missions is old news at this point.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yay no more spoiler tags!

Let's celebrate!
    [​IMG]

...but make that five. [face_whistling]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The clone wars lives on in the new ventress novel and proboly more to come.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's something but its just not the same but oh well.

16. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    At least I'm thankful we got a resolution to most plotlines.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

There is some of that. Now the long wait to see if there will be any resolution to others.

18. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I hate you. :_|

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is a refrence to domino squad right so Echo may or may not be alive.

20. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am sorry I am not to good at getting things and I dont want to be wrong.

22. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I'm sure Obi-Wan would have put that in his report after he got back from Geonosis.

Unless he left the report-writing to Anakin. Then Force only knows what information actually made it in (Anakin always struck me as the more "does well in class but not really into studying so his grades could be better" type while Obi-Wan has stock in #2 pencils and clean erasers).

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    He's talking about Dooku's line in the episode.

Cevan likes this.
  24. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    The more I watch the Yoda arc, the more I wish it weren't contradicting in a couple places. The Yoda/R2 team is the first thing that feels like it directly contradicts the movies, since R2 should have remembered Yoda later on Dagobah with Luke. Also, I totally agree with everyone who says that them finding out about Dooku/Tyrannus and the creation of the clone army and just saying they don't get it is farfetched, since the Order 66 arc just happened. Also, I think we're supposed to assume Yoda didn't tell the rest of the council about the existence of Sidious since Mace is easily led to believe that Maul and Dooku are the two Sith when they are seen working together in Son of Dathomir. It just doesn't seem right that Yoda wouldn't at least mention that he now knows about the existence of Sidious.

25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    R2 is a troll.