main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Savage Opress

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fat_Rancor_Keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014

In Ventress' (starwars.wikia.com) biography is written:

Hmm, were that really "disturbances of the Force" plaguing her or merely a guilty conscience about having used and maltreated poor Savage, while insulting him that heavily at Dooku's Commandship after Savage's mission at Toydoria?

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well it would be kinda cool if Maul and Death Watch level the cloning facilities of Kamino which can maybe be a good explanation as to why their is mostly Stormtroopers by ANH, it also gives Maul some kinda threatening victory and resonate legit purpose. I wonder though if he will clone Savage as the Darth Maul video game wouldve featured Opress or even a Clone of Maul, so interesting storylines that floated around back in 2011.

3. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    Death watch would never defeat clones in combat, especially on there home planets, they are trained soldiers, the death watch are a bunch of terrorists. Vorax

4. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Terrorism is a method of violence, nothing to do with level of military training or political ideology. Death Watch was a fully trained and mechanized militia and by Maul's rule a well funded, organized centralized standing Mandalorian army. Grievous when comparing Mandos to clones in SOD #1 , notes they're superior due to the fact they're Mandalorian warriors where he would need to throw his entire army against them and prey that would be enough to end them. Later in issue #3 the Mandos with their small hidden station security force cost the Republic a lot of their own troops and assault craft on the asteroid space station was only overrun due to be being led by Jedi Knights(there was two Jedi Task forces that attacked the station) with their best troopers and attack gunships.

5. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    sorry, I haven't read son of dathomir yet. nvm

6. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    Wait NVM, weren't mauls mando forces crushed by the republic during the outpost battle? At least that's what grievous stated.

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Crushed no, overan yes but it was a strategic withdrawal not a rout. Grievious had numerical superiority at first and later said Maul's losses were extensive but in truth his own losses were exhausted as well. In truth Maul never had all his forces on Zanbar but back in Ord Mantell. On Zanbar Maul led Grievious's forces into a trap by leading Grievious into committing and deploying all his reserves on the ground and then napalmed them as he held off his air support assault bombers hidden in reserve. So on Zanbar(1st battle in issue #1) it costed Grievious his entire invasion fighting force to overun and attempt to destroy the Mandalorian army on the ground, but most of them escaped to fight on Ord Mantell in issue #2 where more Mandalorians and other Shadow Collective forces were in preparation of Grievious fresh wave of CIS fleet attack where Grievious' fleet is overran by primarily Mandalorian Gauntlet assault fighters and where Grievious' capital ship is attacked and crippled then boarded by Maul and his Mandalorian supercommandos with Grievious singlehandedly captured by Maul.

Sudooku likes this.
  8. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Do you think, Maul told Savage about the double identity of Darth Sidious?

9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Don't know, EU stuff unless its re-adapted into current modern works isnt reliable. IN TCW, he seems aware of the plan of Galactic war when he said, "Ah, yes. So it began... without me." But Clones were Dyas plan that was taken over by the evil Dooku and presented to Sidious but this had to be after Maul was defeated on Naboo so he would not have knowledge of the Kamino Clone plan.

Having said that, he spent so much time with Sidious, his voice and face is pretty easily identifiable as that of Senator Palpatine or later Chancellor Palpatine - and Maul appears to have spent much time in Sidious' hidden lair on Corusant surprised he didnt go back there. Sure Maul wouldve checked data banks and media to get up to date on current events and piece things together.

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If "Plagueis was still alive in TPM" ends up being retained - then Maul, Plagueis and Palpatine might have all kept one another informed of most things - including, in Plagueis's case, his attempts to lure Sifo-Dyas into placing that order with the Kaminoans.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I was re-watching this old Bill Moyers interview, Lucas seems to have held Darth Maul on the same level as Darth Vader but in a different way(but I think this came later after the movie was released and reaction to the character as it was silly move to kill him off) . Moyers also expresses Maul as this mesmerizing character, is the epitome of evil in the likes of the Devil in literary works. Lucas mentions something like where also he also didnt want him to be a monster, as in a hideous or grotesque thing, but made him very human despite wanting an Alien, for us to resonate with cept for the horns rally he's almost basically human. He gave him horns cause many evil beings had horns. Lucas claims to get Maul he looked into all the representations of evil from Christianity to Hindu to Greek mythology. Maul is a representation of fear, power and evil. Now with these other Darth Vader or proto-Vader qualities to being also now half machine, and the instilling of loss, the feel of it as Sidious killed his brother and now his monster was killed at the hands of one of his henchman all of these CW introduced things - I wonder what is his intended purpose. Throughout the series Maul seems to grow stronger and stronger and even mentions stuff like this indifference to pain and cover art cant keep a bad Sith down, Sidious reprimanding Maul for his relentlessness, just really Maul is unstoppable since he returned despite any failures as within the confines of the Clone Wars he cant win against characters already existing after this series was to end.

12. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Vorax,

I didn't ask about Maul because it is pretty obvious that Maul is aware of Sidious' double identity. Sidious himself revealed it to him just when they both moved to Coruscant.

I asked about Savage. I can imagine Maul told him as his brother about Sidious is Palpatine. And as an apprentice of Dooku before he might have been also informed because Dooku told him bluntly after his mission on Devaron that they both (Dooku and Savage) could become stronger than Sidious and rule the galaxy together.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul does not mention Sidious' identity to Savage in CW nor talk about him in the show, I didnt think that had to be said. What I said above where it could be possible but nothing directly mentioned but Maul does know something of the Galactic war , and he starts his own faction and remained a shadow leader behind it much like Sidious did the CIS and Republic. The old EU "Sith Hunters" comic there is a brief exchange but Maul said there wasnt much to tell and that he remained in the shadows and always cloaked so it didnt appear like he knew much about him other than the teachings.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I doubt Savage was aware, but Maul and Talzin likely knew. She was slated to be his right hand, so when they shared knowledge, Sidious likely discussed his plans and his place in politics. Maul was aware of his plans as well, so knowing how he was orchestrating it seems probable to me.

15. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    I always thought that shadow mentioned in "Sith-Hunters" is that one who was keeping him alive in the shaft of Naboo and at Lotho Minor. Well, it seems the Brothers didn't talk very much about their past. I wonder if Maul ever got to know about Feral. So many arcs still to build and a lot of loose ends still to fix.

Anyway, any idea if raising-up Savage, after he got his new artifical arm and woke up, did hit the Lamp at the medical room at the death watch-camp at purpose or just by chance? Jason Fry suggests, Savage did this on purpose. I doubt that.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul kept himself alive through his Sith training he got from Sidious. He managed to focus and use the force to balance & slow his descent from keeping from breaking his neck against the walls and softened the impact of the fall. Plus they use the God works in mysterious ways figure of speech, you know with "the Force works in mysterious ways" which implies a seemingly unfortunate or unfavourable situation or change may be beneficial later or in the long run. Then they use "other forces" which seem to imply the reactor fuel liquid helped break his fall and being flushed into a capsule kept in him a kind of frozen state where he wouldnt starve to death but unsure how he survived lack of oxygen less its some Sith technique or that stuff works like carbonite as the journey from Naboo to Lotho Minor would be pretty long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sudooku and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So awesome I don't give a damn I just got spoiled on it.

Sudooku and Vorax like this.
  18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well, that is from an older comic called "Sith Hunters" which apparently Feloni and Katie Lucas had some part in contributing storyline narrative and ideas from the show and Feloni did the front cover.

Iron_lord and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Thanks, Vorax.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  21. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi Vorax,

Yeah, that is the crucial episode. I wonder why Maul was that reluctant to reveal his Master's identity to his apprentice. Maybe he believed in this stage he could return to Sidious once he proved to be powerful enough.
    Or Maul wanted to save his brother because he couldn't risk Savage doing something weird, once he knows that his brother's master is still alive. Sidious also didn't tell Maul of Darth Plagueis ' existence. Maybe Sith don't reveal such things to their apprentices ;)

And I like the last picture of this arc shown by you. A typical alpha-animal Savage :

I DON'T NEED ANY TRAINING! Aahahahaaa!

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember what Darth Maul said...

Maul obviously did not see Dooku as a true Sith and, probably, an unworthy apprentice for Sidious. Interesting, his former master was not considered an enemy - from what we can tell. Yet, he took Savage as a Sith apprentice and declared them the true Lords of the Sith; thus making any chance of becoming Sidious apprentice again impossible.

He does, when taking Savage as an apprentice, informs him there can only be two - a master and apprentice. I think Maul knew, at some point, Sidious would come for him and needed a strong enough apprentice to take him.

23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Thats the line basically where Maul is first introduced directly to Dooku and gets annoyed and shows the level of his strength that he is the real deal . Vizla is apparently aware of the Sith rule of two.

Maul's response:

Vizla and Death Watch wants revenge against the Sith Lord Dooku and Jedi Knight Kenobi. That was really the only reason they kept Maul and Opress alive and Maul sensed it and under the circumstances it didnt look like they had any choice but their was a mutual benefit of allying with the Mandalorians cause they were warriors and had a concept of honor and loyalty which could be exploited which later it was during the challenge.

Savage and Maul had no dialogue about Dooku in the cartoon. Savage never seemed interested in enacting revenge upon Dooku either which is like a lost storyline.

Interesting enough, Maul refers to Dooku as a "Jedi betrayer" in SOD. So he's also scolding Dooku for a lack of loyalty in his own brethren while also portraying Dooku for what he is, a traitor. There is also the added element of Maul appears to hold contempt for any current Sith Lord that is not raised by a Sith master as a Sith-wannabe. He makes references to his own and Savage pedigree with a level of purity being invoked cause they're brothers and Maul is a Sith Lord while savage, well there isnt much mentioned and I'm not certain he told Maul the whole story of his. When describing Ventress we get only this:

Maul appears to serve himself and his brother, whom he grows to care for and every once in a while he too slips in the 'brother' when referring to Savage. Savage though changed things slightly after in "Revenge" when he attempted to challenge Maul for dominance of who's vision stands as they were both seeking to find a meaning for their alliance. From then on it was mostly 'apprentice'.

Maul wanted to take on the entire Jedi order while Opress wanted to hide and basically continuing pillaging and plunder what he/they can. Maul though by involving themselves in the Galactic war was responsible for Opress' death. By "Eminence" it was both the Sith and the Jedi. Maul was rushing them both into the conflict and they had quite few near encounters and the last one they had together was with Sdious which cost Opress' life in "Lawless".

DanielUK likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    What is interesting, even though Savage is considered a Sith Lord, Maul never gave his apprentice the title of 'Dark Lord of the Sith'. Yet, under canon, Savage Opress is a Sith Lord.

25. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    That means, the remarks of Obi-Wan in the Jedi-Temple, about the massacre, which Savage did at Devaron are outdated now. It is really the work of a Sith-Lord now.

And with that name, Savage didn't need a special Sith-Name ;)

I think Maul also wanted to rise the status of the two in front of their new Mandalorian allies. It sounds a bit strange when he tells Vizsla and Bo-Katan: I'm the Sith-Lord and this is my brother-apprentice.

I think Savage was still to much traumatized to face Dooku again. He just straightly followed the vision of his more witty brother, while his own vision seemed to me: "Hmmm Credits :D" And he was not that risk-taking part in their relationship. Savage was much more reserved and keen on security because he feared another humiliation and defeat, a problem which Maul was able to solve after they were in the custody of the Death Watch.

And Savage definitely had a problem with women in general after the bad experience with Ventress, also to be seen in the comic you mentioned before. While Maul wanted to free the Girl from Pleem's Nexus in order to gain the reward from Kozinarg-Mining, Savage called her a witch without even knowing her and he told her rudely that she may rot in the prison of yellowblade. That was the reason, Maul admonished his brother that the difference of both of them is that he, Maul, is taking on chances while they appear in front of them, while Savage is ruining them continuously out of fatalism and pessimism whenever a good Chance of improvement of their situation is in sight.