main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Hmm, I don't think so, but I'll check it out!

2. Darth_Cable

Darth_Cable Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I haven't been here in years, last time was when the move was being planned...anyway. I had TONS Of stories bookmarked, now none of the links work.

Looking for two at the moment

Obi-Wan dies at Mustafar, Force brings him back during TPM, specifically just when they've left Tattooine , He's his younger self but with the knowledge and skills of ROTS Obi-wan, and he uses the chance to change things

Second apparently Han is a survivor of the Temple Purge, a had a staff lightsaber, ends up fighting with Vader and such

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
  4. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    I'm really glad for this thread. It has made me realize I should download all my favorite stories onto a thumb drive in case I want to re-read in years to come, and not just create shortcuts. Thank you all. The truncation of these great stories is so frustrating.:_| I wish I had been here years ago so I could have read them all.

Kahara and pronker like this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You may want to contact the author of a truncated story you want to read and ask if they posted the story elsewhere. I know many writers also post their stories over at Fanfiction.net or in a LiveJournal.

Kahara likes this.
  6. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    Ahhh, thank you! But I want to read them ALL!

pronker likes this.
  7. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

An ambitious goal. :p

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I understand how frustrating it must be to want to read fics that are half missing. However, you'd be surprised at how many people have their stuff posted elsewhere. I'd try googling a sentence of a fic you want in quotations and you may find it.

9. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Lady Mary likes this.
  10. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    I've started my project of downloading my favorite stories when I came upon this shortcut. It leads to a defunct (I think) website that was called "Star Wars Chicks". It is a hard to find old archive. Warning: Many of the stories are adult rated.
    http://starwarschicks.com/sithchicks/title_a.htm

If this is an inappropriate post, let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

11. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Lady Mary I'm glad you found this - it has been down for some time and now seems to be up again. 'Sith Chicks' was part of the site, too.

12. Lady Mary

Aug 4, 2014
    I just discovered that if I save them as text documents, I can fix any accidental spelling and punctuation problems!

pronker and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  13. DarkGoddess

DarkGoddess Jedi Knight

Oct 2, 2009
    It's been a long time since I've been here but I need some help

I can't for the life of me remember the title of a fic and 3 short fics that were a sort of a prequel to the main fic.

They were written before Sith came out and it. The first short fic started out with Vader watching a pregnant Padme sleeping. He knows she's carrying twins. One of the others is from Padme's POV and she's frightened of Vader. And the third is from Vader's POV and it's after Padme's escaped and he's very angry and killed to servants.

The main fic is Padme coming back to Vader after she has Obi Wan erase the memory of the children and implant the idea that they (the twins) had died. In the end Vader is redeemed.

Thanks for any help

pronker likes this.
  14. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    So I'm not so much looking for a fic as asking a question about an old one I found. I think something went wrong with the coding when it was transferred with the rest of the site? Cause every chapter cuts off like right in the middle, plus all quotation marks of either variety have been turned into question marks which makes for some disjointed reading. The fic is Dream Alive by Lusa_Thul and jedi_of_ennth using the joint username YJKTribe. Has anyone else encountered this issue with old fics?

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, all posts exceeding 10,000 characters were truncated at that length during the move process. See this thread for more information. The admins CLAIM to be working on a fix for the issue, but it's been two years now with no substantial news, just cryptic comments about "we'll have news soon", and then that news never materializes. :rolleyes:

16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Ink.Knight See my post above - I did have good luck requesting a repost of two very favorite fics from their author, so good luck to you, as well.

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hi Ink. Knight!
    jcgoble3 is correct, when we moved hosts a few years ago everything that was over 10,000 characters got truncated, unfortunately. While we made a back up, we've had issues that are mainly out of our hands. (We're also all volunteers and do this on our free time, so sometimes Darth Real Life gets a bit in the way). I would recommend seeing if you can find it on the wayback machine, on fanfiction.net, archive of our own, or livejournal, a lot of fanficers post to those sites as well.

Ink.Knight likes this.
  18. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I recall reading a 3-part series years ago before the move with a young character named Bali Tiro. He was Obi-Wan's apprentice. Does anyone remember the title of this story?

19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Does anyone have any suggestions for locating the correct links to use with the Wayback Machine? I've been able to locate most of my old fic if they were listed on an index (with the old board links) but those I've just tried to find using the search function return the newer links which only have a history of truncated pages - did anyone else have this problem?

20. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It was by complete accident that I managed to successfully locate one of my old fic threads using the WM, so much so that I don't even remember how it happened, and I've been unable to replicate it. [face_dunno]

JadeLotus likes this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Just curious: Anyone know what happened to Gia Alexander's Tarkin series? I know I've asked before. I can only find a partical list on FFN. Has it moved or been abandoned? I can't even find her site: Villa Galaxia anymore.

22. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    New fic desire. There was this YJK/HP crossover years ago, on the old site. But all I can really remember about it is that the Solo kids hijacked the Falcon and then crashed on Earth and were taken in by the Weasley's. But it was good, and if I'm gonna find out if it's posted elsewhere I prolly need something more than that...Any ideas on the name at least?

23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    This sounds like the story you're looking for. (I simply searched the story forum for "young jedi knights harry potter", and there were only six results to go through.)

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Woah! Awesome!

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    As a bonus, the author is still somewhat active, so there's a good chance you could talk to her directly and try to get an untruncated version. I'll even tag her for you: Idrelle_Miocovani