main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jaden Korr

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Silas Nightstalker, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Unfortunately I think Joruus's age might be a bit of a continuity snag. At the time Zahn assumed the Clone Wars were started much earlier in the timeline and thus probably also assumed that the Jorus clone would have been created much earlier.

However, under the assumption that the clone was aged to maturity using Spaarti cylinders in a 1 year time span, Joruus could have been physically equivalent to about 45-50 (20-25 rapid aging years + 25 real years). Perhaps he was rapidly aged even further as a plan to replace to original C'Boath. It has been too long since I've read the Thrawn trilogy to recall all the details.

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Joruus's appearance isn't inconsistent with being fifty. He tends to be portrayed with a long white beard and hair, yeah, but also with a fairly powerful physique and few wrinkles -- he doesn't look seventy or eighty, more like a man in his fifties.

3. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I really like the Qui-Gon or Dooku ideas. Jaden even questions his path, much like Dooku probably did.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  5. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Will Smith's son?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wow–this is a necro. It died years before I joined! :eek:

But I do love this discussion, mostly because Riptide's semi-cliffhanger ending has always annoyed me since we won't ever see a continuation of it probably, given Legends continuity and all that. But I figure I want to get involved in the conversation here, since I never got the chance. So, my thoughts, based on this post:

My speculation is that Two-Blade is Jeng Droga. He was a very tall Emperor's Hand who used two lightsabers. As to the rest of the clones–I don't remember; it might've been implied in the book and I just missed it, but how are we sure that Maker is Lassin? But anyways, that's beside the main point of the conversation.

What I find interesting is that even if Jaden is the second-generation clone of Soldier's original template...then why didn't the Rakatan passcode that Nyss tried to use on him in the space station work? Has Jaden become so independent that the "sleeper" part of his mind just died, completely overtaken by Jaden Korr, Jedi Knight? Did his encounter with Alpha in Crosscurrent do something to solidify this? If Jaden was supposed to be the epitome of a dark-light Force user, then he effectively overwrote his "programming" at the end of Crosscurrent when he decided to turn his back on the dark side.

If Jaden's not a clone, then who is he? How did they get his DNA to use in Soldier? Kam, Mara, Roganda, Lumiya, and even Kyle would've been easy enough, since they were all in Imperial service at some point. So I think it actually is more likely that Jaden is a clone. Which is surprising, because I used to not like the theory, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes that he–and Lassin–are clones.

I wish we could get Kemp to weigh in on this; I'd love to know the answer.

7. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Like, Jaden Pinkett-Korr?

8. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    two blade is obviously starkiller

oh wait too tall

:(

plus there's some disparity between these clones and the alleged starkiller clone in TFU2

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Two-Blade being Starkiller plus height would explain his temper issues. :p

10. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    From reading Croscurrent I felt like Lassin was female, possibly a love interest of Jaden

11. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Another possibility would be Kar Vastor, who survived past ROTJ.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The part of this book I found most entertaining was the process of trying to figure out who the clones were clones of :p It was a lot of fun trying to dissect the text for clues.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    But Kar was black...and neither Jaden nor Lassin are black (assuming Lassin is the buzz-cut dude in Jedi Academy).

14. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I was talking about Two-Blade, who's described as being over 2 meters tall.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Ahh. That's possible.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Very tall, two blades- Count dooku? It would be perfectly sensible that Palpatine kept samples of him for cloning purposes later.

Also, having not played them, is there any way X1 and X2 could be Galen clones? Didn't Kota take an interest in training X1? And X2 would account for the dark clone in TFU2. Maybe clones without the mind stamp to make them think they are the real Starkiller?

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    According to Wookieepedia, they were cloned from a Knight created for the game - Kota's student Falon Grey:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Falon_Grey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.