main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII to open December 18, 2015

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by The Hellhammer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Not a bad release date.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Just hurry up and get here already!

3. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, it seems like a long wait. Thankfully, we have Rebels to tide us over until it gets released.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread has now been updated with a countdown clock to the release date, the same as the release date announcement thread in the 7SA forum. Now users in both forums can stare at the clock for hours on end. :D

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    How about a two year egg timer, and when someone has been officially cast, they fall from the top half into the bottom - can you whip up one of those?

6. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    We'll work on it. :p

7. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Don't forget the 'ding!' sound at the end. :p

EHT likes this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It's going to be weird seeing a Star Wars movie released in December. I guess tradition doesn't matter anymore. I wonder if December will be Disney's official launch month for all Star Wars films from now on, though.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I think it's nice to get new Star Wars movies for Christmas - just like it was originally planned in 1976!
    Winter is actually a great season for watching Star Wars, IMO. Especially if there's lots of snow outside. Cozy!

Revious Nugo likes this.
  10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I do like the idea of new Star Wars at Christmas. All of the new merchandise means I'll have plenty of suggestions to offer my family when they ask what gifts I'd like, and the time off from work means extra time to see it multiple times in the theater!

11. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't mind the Christmas release either...and my family is lucky, most of the gifts I want wouldn't be released for a few months after Episode VII is released (Sideshow/Hot Toys). I hope that the release is worldwide like previous films, that way my wife and I's vacation can include a trip to a galaxy far, far away!

12. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Time, go faster!!! :_|

Seriously, I'd prefer a summer release because I think Star Wars feels more like a summer movie, but I'm not anti-Christmas release.

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Only 60 weeks to go!

Wait....that means we still have 420 days left. :(

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Ridley Solo and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I...*ahem*...don't know what you could be referring to...*coff* ;)

Ridley Solo likes this.
  16. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Hurry up and be 2015 already...

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Dang. Look at that nice countdown clock up there. Just bask in its awesomeness.

TheYodaPagoda and mavjade like this.
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It is so *sniff, sniff* beautiful! I shall sit and watch it for hours.

:p

EHT likes this.
  19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    We're under 400! I know it seems like a lot, but I remember when the countdown was barely under 800. It'll be next year before you know it!

20. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I remember watching the Episode III counter go to zero. Since I'm not one to go to midnite premieres, I just imagined someone, somewhere getting really excited for the movie to start. I still had over 12 hours until I'd go see it! I think I'll do the same thing this time, and I'll just go into 'radio silence' (no Internet or TV!) until I see the movie.

21. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    I'm guessing I won't make it to the premiere either- I may not see the movie until after Christmas. It could be a nice post-Christmas withdrawal anecdote.

22. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
  23. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    EHT Can't stop looking at the clock. I am mesmerized by it. How smoothly one number falls and a lesser number appears. Then it all happens again.
    We live in a wonderful age.

The only reason I would prefer May is because it is closer.

Frank T. and EHT like this.
  24. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I decided around the 'one year mark' that every week, I'd post something Star Wars related on my Facebook, and I recently did my "Week 49" post. Just something to pass the time, along with peeking at this countdown timer from time to time.

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't intend to go to an opening night midnight premiere. This is partly to go to an IMAX theater out of town if I decide to do that, to avoid any possible problems that opening night, and I'm less likely to go to crowded events now, even a convention. I'll just keep that as a Prequel-era memory. Yes, midnight showings are less likely to have kids, and it was nice seeing the others, especially Attack of the Clones, with a reactive audience but I don't really care what people think anymore. Really, I don't know how I'll feel come that opening week. I would gladly watch it at home through VOD if I had the option (but I don't do unlicensed movie downloading. I want to know I'm getting the official actual movie and in the best quality.)