main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion An Old Republic Live Action Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 1, 2014.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'd recomend reading the books as well, just because it get's you inside different characters heads. But yeah, those are the two main things. Lol. If you watch it, you'll understand why people don't like Joffery.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    "Similar," yes. Some things witnessed in GOT, I may not find particularly 'Star Wars-y,' but I take your meaning.

Though I do feel as though a good, quality live action SW show can happen on, say, ABC (and that having it shown on network comes with it's own rewards), I can't argue that there are definite benefits to seeing it play on cable. I think one of the (many) things most people felt Star Wars: Underworld had going for it was the idea of the series being aired on HBO. Something like you describe could be huge.

I'm generally a "Star Wars works at it's best on the big screen" kind of fan. But man, the thought of an ongoing, live action Star Wars: The Old Republic series knocks my socks off. I mean, it just titillates; sending my imagination on flights of fancy. I realize this is all still largely in the realm of "what-if" right now, but we do know that Disney is looking at more SW opportunities for TV than just Rebels, and as far as I know, there's been nothing which would rule out the Old Republic time line.

I cannot help but feel excited just thinking about it!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Sadly I don't think Disney would let HBO get it unless for some random reason they bought HBO.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Why not? Lucasfilm runs Star Wars more then Disney does. They just pay them to do their work. Just think of how popular it would be. That would bring in tons of money for both company's and HBO.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am not saying I would not like it because I would but I could not watch it.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ...Why?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Don't have HBO on my TV.

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I guess I could try finding it on some other means if this ever happened.

10. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Ok so I've been around various old republic threads and one of the popular ways people feel Revan could work himself into the new canon would be to do a TV show. I myself would love to see him at the centre of a Live-Action show done just like Game of Thrones with all the classic Star Wars elements.

Here's an idea I've had for a while:

Season 1(and maybe 2?) of KOTOR would be the Mandalorian Wars. We could see Revan as the central character with a supporting cast including Malak, Treia, The Exile, Carth Onasi, HK-47 and maybe other original characters as well as antagonists such as Mandalore The Ultimate and occasionally teasing The True Sith who'd show up much later.

Seasons 3 to 5 could be the Jedi Civil War where we could see Revan as the Dark Lord to the amnesiac we first saw in the first KOTOR game, and introducing the game cast including Bastilla, Mission, Zaalbar etc. Season 6 onward could time-jump forward to The Exile as the central character gathering a crew looking for Revan as the True Sith assemble for their invasion in a later season.

Another great idea I've heard is to structure the whole thing like Arrow and have flashbacks here and there while we just jump straight into the game storyline.

So the question I'd like to ask is how would you approach Revan and how would you do a show all about the Prodigal Knight? Who should be cast etc? Would it be animated or live-action?

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ^
    All of that sounds amazing.

I'd like to see it as a live action type of show.

Maybe Maise Williams could be cast? I could see her as a Mandalorian warrior or a Sith apprentice/assassin to be honest.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  12. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just want my Revan back he is such a cool character and it would be in testing to see what sex they would make them.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Female or male. Just as long as they get a good actor/actress to play them.

Micheal Fassbender for male Revan anyone?

...Who would be good for female Revan though?

15. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Jamie Alexander?

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Oh. I could see that. Yeah, she would be a great Revan.

What about Bastila?

17. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Someone younger preferably someone the same age Carrie Fisher was in ANH.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I want to say Kate Beckinsale. Well, she looks young enough to pull it off anyway.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Exile was such a fantastic story.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes it was and I liked that she was female.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Like everyone else, I played the character with both genders and light/dark paths in the game. I thought having the option to play Revan as a male or female was fun and it made the game more interesting. And naturally, having a choice of genders helps add to the replay value.

But ultimately, I prefer a male Revan, myself. And the Jedi Exile as female.

Anyway, Revan was a great character with a fantastic design. I really, really hope we see him brought into SW canon where he belongs. I'd prefer we eventually see him as the protagonist of a film trilogy or live action television series, but right now, I'd be thrilled just to see Revan mentioned in a canon book (maybe next year's Lords of the Sith), just as a starting point. Anything which says "yep, he's in."

And then we can all wait with baited breath for the day to come when we can finally see Revan in the (canon) flesh. :D

EDIT: Oh, and I just thought to mention:

We've seen Revan depicted/described as carrying lightsabers of all different blade colors.

Blue, green, purple, red? We've seen them all.

Personally, I always liked Revan using a purple saber as a Jedi, red as a Sith.

And ultimately, as he seems to move beyond either ideology, I envision Revan as carrying two lightsabers; one with a purple blade, the other red.

Does anyone else have any particular preference for which lightsaber(s) Revan carries?

22. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    When I played KOTOR first time around, I walked the path of a noble light-sided Jedi who flirted with Bastila at any given opportunity, so naturally I wielded a Blue Lightsaber and occasionally dual wielded with a Green one.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    KoTOR should be the title of a live-action Old Republic series.

Trebor Sabreon and ScorpionJedi like this.
  24. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Imagine a Game of Thrones style opening where you see the different planets in the intro like how you see the different locations used in the show.

TheSilentInfluence and DanielUK like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't know how much they would borrow off the game because you can't make a show out of just the material in the game.