main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Battlefield Hardline (X360, PS3, XBONE, PS4, PC)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Well, out of the FPS games we seen so far this year at E3 this is the most different from the regular formula. Cops and robbers seems interesting and different compared to previous games. Closed Beta sign-ups are up.

2. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    played the closed beta for this. I had fun with it, cool concept (nice change from the norm). I'm not sure if I love it, but it was a fun time.

3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Played the beta on PS4 here. Felt like every other beta. The cops and Robbers thing is nothing but a different version of capture the flag. Run to the center, grab something, bring it back. No innovation there.

Life likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  5. DarthPotato

DarthPotato Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2014
    by what i have seen for Hardline, it definitely looks like an improvement on what was a rushed abomination know as Battlefield 4. Only time will tell if Hardline is indeed an improvement

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    oh good, another mindless shooter.

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    So, just in case you already don't already know, the game is delayed till 2015.

I hope in the extra time they have, they get more creative with the gamemodes. Heist mode could be a lot better if it was more had a better narrative and cinematic, as in the trailer we were shown at E3. I happy they're keeping Conquest in some form (renamed as Turf War), even if it doesn't fit the cop and robbers theme. They are also saying they are taking this time to rethink the amount of heavy armory in the game. Most likely to make people stop questioning why cops have RPGs.

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So is this just Payday 2 for the less discerning gamer then?

Gorefiend likes this.
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Yep. Pretty much.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    No, its Battlefield acting as a cops vs robbers game while totally seemingly more like Battlefield than Payday. The beta definitely felt like Battlefield with custom game modes and skins more than a full game.

11. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I hate to get political here but I recently learned that Hardline makes "Tea Partiers" out to be terrorists. WTH? Describing this as ridiculous doesn't even come close to doing it justice. I don't consider myself a member of the Tea Party though I do know MANY people that do. None of them are even close to what I would consider terrorists. None of them are even close to being violent in any way. In fact I can't recall ever even hearing about the Tea Party being involved in a violent act at all.

If EA is pulling this crap with Hardline, I'll not be giving them my money to buy it. Simple as that.

12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    From Wikipedia:
    The final round of debate before voting on the health care bill was marked with vandalism and widespread threats of violence to at least ten Democratic lawmakers across the country, which created public relations problems for the fledgeling Tea Party movement. On March 22, 2010, in what the New York Times called "potentially the most dangerous of many acts of violence and threats against supporters of the bill," a Lynchburg, Virginia Tea Party organizer and the Danville, Virginia Tea Party Chairman both posted the home address of Representative Tom Perriello's brother (mistakenly believing it was the Congressman's address) on their websites, and encouraged readers to "drop by" to express their anger against Representative Perriello's vote in favor of the healthcare bill. The following day, after smelling gas in his house, a severed gas line that connected to a propane tank was discovered on Perriello's brother's screened-in porch. Local police and FBI investigators determined that it was intentionally cut as an act of vandalism. Perriello's brother also received a threatening letter referencing the legislation.

So, uh, yeah, the Tea Party is completely non-violent and would never encourage violence at all. Right. Sure. You get nutjobs in all groups of people. There are bound to be a few crazy and dangerous folk in the Tea Party. While most of them are busy trying to deny the poor and needy healthcare that's available and affordable there are probably a few plotting more than just talks and rallies. When the general perception of the Tea Party is this, it's easy to see them becoming fanatical to the point of becoming dangerous:

The movement has been called partly conservative, partly libertarian, and partly populist.
    The movement has sponsored protests and supported political candidates circa 2009.Since the movement's inception, in the late 00's, left wing groups have accused the party of racism and intolerance. Left leaning opponents have cited various incidents as evidence that the movement is, in their opinion, propelled by various forms of bigotry. Supporters say the incidents are isolated acts attributable to a small fringe that is not representative of the movement. Accusations that the news media are biased either for or against the movement are common, while polls and surveys have been faced with issues regarding the population surveyed, and the meaningfulness of poll results from disparate groups.
    Some libertarian leaning supporters have grown increasingly annoyed by the influx of religious social issues into the movement. Many in the movement would prefer the complex social issues such as homosexuality, abortion, and religion to be left out of the discussion, while instead increasing the focus on limited government and state's rights.

Fighting freedom and equality, isn't that what terrorists do? Because that's what a fringe group of the Tea Party is doing. Maybe it's through political means, but it's still the same end goal. Reading about this though it's clear that that's what's going on the game. A single individual aligned with the Tea Party has taken things to the extreme. It doesn't seem to be saying that all Tea Party members are dangerous and violent terrorist, just that this particular dangerous and violent terrorist is a member.

13. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Meant to post this here a few days ago, but some big Battlefield youtubers got some hands on and footage with the single player.

14. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    This seems like a great game, but logically speaking, how did so many people get their hands on military grade weaponry?

IMO, I think it'll be a good game, but I'm not sure if it'll be all that successful.

15. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    The problem is that a good portion of the fan base is saying they aren't going to buy it, whenether its them feeling betrayed from BF4 or them not liking the police theme. As for the weapons this is a First Person Shooter universe where weapons just lay around ready to be picked up, so I guess it would be pretty easy.

16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    My dad plays Battlefield but I've never really been interested in it. This game looks good though so if he gets it I might give it a go. I like this new police theme.

17. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Good point.

18. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Just for anyone interested, a free open beta is starting on Tuesday for all systems. The game itself is looking pretty good.

19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I been playing the Beta. At very least it's fun.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not sure about this game. It's equally awesome and not so great. I've seen better graphics on the 360, which isn't good, but the gameplay is fun in parts. I can enjoy the gameplay enough to get over the graphics, and I like that I can customise my loadouts with menus rather than just using a website or something else. I'm vaguely disappointed that there's no customisation and no option to play as a woman. Overall there's nothing that made me go 'wow, I need this game yesterday' though.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Evil scum**** fascist pigs is less catchy though.

22. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i never bothered with the other battlefields, but this one sounds great.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    The Beta was really fun. Overall while the premise of the game isn't realistic, the "unrealism" of it adds a nice level of quirkiness to the game.

JediMatteus likes this.
  24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i will have to make this one of my first games i buy on xbox one in August