main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Cable, huluplus, netflix discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Jan 26, 2014.

1. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've never tried Netflix, but I have Huluplus. It's okay but honestly I don't watch it very much. When i first got it, it was mainly because it had a lot of old Japanese movies that I wanted to watch, but since making my way through most of those, it doesn't seem like Hulu adds new ones very often. I have enjoyed watching some shows though. It's only 9 bucks a month so for now I'm content to keep it, but in the long term I might drop it. The ads are really annoying. Especially because it will be the same four or five again and again.

2. BriDog

BriDog Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2014
    My Comcast bill just rose to $191/month. Tomorrow I'm downgrading to Comcast Internet Plus, which includes basic and HBO for $66/month. Also, we will be subscribing to Netflix $9/month, HuluPlus $8/month, MLB.TV $25/month, and NFL Audio Pass $30/year, and buying a Roku 3. Including $25/month for landline I will be cutting costs from $191 per month to $110 per month and being able to watch every baseball game I want and listen to every football game that isn't televised.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did you register just to share the news?

And can I borrow some cash?

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Bridog let me know if you want to sign up to the JCC Jedi Master package for $20 per month. you get colours, a big fat star and an introductory foot rub by Diggy. PM ME

Diggy , harpua, tom and 2 others like this.
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    DO NOT PM HIM.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    For some reason I remembered this thread and went back to find my post in it. Heh.

We finally reached our patience limit on over-the-air antenna TV (yes free, yes HD) that comes in perfectly when it comes in, but freezes and pixelates too often (at our house, anyway), and the limited channels. We also got tired of the seemingly stalled out selection on Netflix streaming. Yes, it's only $8 a month, but we reached a point where we'd run out of stuff to watch. We did benefit from having Netflix for a few years (such as watching all of Breaking Bad and some movies that we missed and forgot about), but it got to a point where we realized we were either not watching or just watching stuff because it was there; it had even gotten that way for our kids. And with Netflix streaming, you almost have to go in with an open mind... you rarely succeed in finding something that you actively search for. So after years away from paying for TV service, we now have U-verse (and love it). Cancelled Netflix the same day we put away the antennas. :p

7. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Yes, this is almost a year later, but even though I kind of understood a little bit of this already, this explanation is very helpful, and made things a lot clearer.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He did! One single message on a SW message board...and it's about switching his cable. There's nowt as queer as folk.

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    he never PMed me :(

DarthIntegral likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Did you hunt him down?

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    You're welcome.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    NETFLIX BUYING MILLARWORLD OPENS THE DOOR TO A NEW COMIC CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

I really happy about this news because I have been a big fan of Millar's word and I've been really looking forward to a live action adaptation of Nemesis, which is a story of a Batman type of character being a bad guy. Superior is pretty much a mashup of Shazam and Superman and probably Millar's most heartfelt story. Supercrooks is a great "Oceans 11" type of story. I have no doubt that Netflix will adapt these stories.

13. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Looks like Netflix will be getting in on the BBC style nature documentary series game, complete with David Attenborough's narration.

And Disney released some details around it's upcoming streaming service.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  14. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i am currently subscribed to the following steaming services:

netflix (almost never use it)
    hulu (not hulupus, just regular hulu - never use it)
    amazon prine (almost never use it, but i purchase stuff from amazon so the "2-D shipping" comes in handy (not)).
    vrv (never used it - anime is GARBAGE)
    fandor (used occasionally)
    shudder (used more than the others, but not really all that often)

so there you have it. all of my steams.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Finally, some good news for Nememis...

Nemesis Movie Script By Promising Young Woman Director Is Finished

[​IMG]