main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming NEW CHALLENGERS APPROACHING: Super Smash Bros. [Ultimate]

Discussion in 'Community' started by darklordoftech, Jul 31, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh crap- 8 players? Hollly...

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Nice to see more Metroid based stages (Ridley included as a boss) and that Star Fox gate assault one looks pretty sweet!

Online Tourney

Not to mention: How To Train Your Dragon Amiibo

The2ndQuest likes this.
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They already did something similar with Hyrule Warriors and the alternate costume DLC. It's a safe bet they'll do it again.

4. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, surprised they bought Mewtwo back, wonder if that means other previous fighters might be back as DLC.

I was already planning to buy both versions, but nice to hear we'll get another reward for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There are so many damn game modes, it's pretty overwhelming. Smash U could be the only game you play for an entire year and you'd likely not run out of things to do in it.

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Meanwhile I'm here with just a 3DS. AND LOVING IT.

I've noticed, though, a ridiculous number of fighters have down-B counter moves. Like it's nuts how common it is. Aside from that, I'm finding I main Donkey Kong, Greninja, and Little Mac.

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Smash Wii U will have a ton of content to unlock and go through… there goes December :p I am looking forward to teaming up with one of the Figure Players and having a mock 8 player battle with them and a few friends. Since the Miiverse stage is undercontruction and Mewtwo coming later on, I wonder what other surprises they have in the works and if we will see more content coming out way like bringing back Snake or Ice Climbers(locked as NEW 3DS exclusive for the portable one due to processing power?)

I've just unlocked all the characters so far on the 3DS version. Hard to pick which one are my main ones yet though Samus/Zero Suit Samus is on the list. I do find customising the Mii Fighters neat though to unlock the costumes and such can be a bit of a pain.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm only just starting to explore Smash Run and custom fighters- though I still have almost half the roster to give a thorough play through of (5-10 matches) in normal mode.

I can see Ice Climbers being a Wii U exclusive but I don't know if they could hardware restrict the character inside the game itself, so a N3DS/3DS split on it might not be possible.

Though I could see them giving 3DS a different returning character (no way they'd do a new one) if Wii U gets Ice Climbers.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fantastic.

Also, Smash Run is kinda addicting- want to power up so many custom character ideas.

So far I only have Mega Tank, Dark Yoshi, Demon Dog & Deathachu. There will be more to come, heh heh.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013

The thought and learning ability they gave these Amiibos is a little unsettling if you stop and really think about it..

12. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    And here's the trailer for Duck Hunt Dog. I can only imagine how we'd feel if we just found this out now.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He's been really fun to play as, can't wait to play his stage.

14. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    The Wii U version apparently broke street date and some people have it and been uploading to YT.

The Wii U version has two versions of the Final Destination theme, and it's freaking sick.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh nice… we also have another controller option. Not only can you use the 3DS as a controller but also the DK Bongos.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, basically, play as DK, get the Final Smash Ball, pause, switch controllers, then cheat? ;)

EDIT- Oh, nevermind, that's exactly what he did in the video, ha!

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think it is neat that the bongos does work. I do not think I've seen a game with so many different ways to play it… I won't attempt to try and list them all as I probably miss out on a few.

I bet there be some people working on a way to rig up the N64 controller to play it too. :p

I remember playing the original days… now look how far it has come.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think there actually was some kind of 3rd party or Club Nintendo (Japan) N64 styled Classic Controller

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Stumbled across this by accident today- a doodle I did back sometime in 1998-2000 blocking things out for a drawing i never got around to making featuring the OG Smash roster. An amusing discovery on the near-eve of Smash U:

[​IMG]

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It is an absolute shock to the dozens of morons who vehemently claimed that, with Nintendo's announcement wording missing that detail, that it Mewtwo would only be available to those with both games, thus forcing people to double dip.

Ya know, despite NOE tweeting it would be paid DLC for everyone else within a day of that announcement.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's neat! I did one around that time too. It be nice to go back and revisit it.

[​IMG]

Yeah, the reactions to the Mewtwo DLC was a bit much as they jumped off the deep end fast because they took the message out of context.

Also was interesting to read how they handled the return of Ridley and why he isn't a playable character.

Still have to wait till the 29th for it to come out here. Don't forget to register with Club Nintendo for the OST.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's pretty good- probably a lot closer to what mine would have looked like if I had actually drawn it- though I'm tempted to make a finished version.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That be great to do.

I had been contemplating doing a series of character pieces based off Smash lately and those Amiibos would make great reference models for drawing.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My eyes have seen the glory of an 8 Mega Man rumble (albeit against 7 CPUs). Fantastic.