main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer - Thoughts and Observations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 28, 2014.

1. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Definitely exciting. I couldn't visualize it in my head and its wonderful. Doesn't feel fake like the prequels did to me. Nice job.

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    d. Jones, Dra--- and jedinightwing like this.
  3. Mr.Wedge Antilles

Mr.Wedge Antilles Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2014
    I asked it before but couldn't get a response. Did anyone else hear the breathing of a mask at the end of the trailer?

4. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    The Voice over sounds nearly identical to what Serkis did for Return of the King in the deleted "Mouth of Sauron" scene.

TheBBP likes this.
  5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    No sound of a mask at the end, just a saber deactivating for me.

To me, you can clearly hear it's Serkis on the word "awakening".

jedinightwing likes this.
  6. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I totally dig it! Kids will love it

I guessed 27 million in the trailer thread before it released, so I'm sticking to it. Impressed with 15 in a day.

He's feeling Luke Skywalker in God Mode through The Force and decides he needs to put an end to him before he grows even more powerful through the resurgence of Luke's new Jedi Order :) Remember we have the Greek guy from Game of Thrones possibly playing a Jedi and Sam Carr as a Padawan, and obviously Luke will train Ridley & Boyega, and possibly Gleeson, so that's 5-6 Jedi right there. The Sith will likely be aligned with the Imperial remnant

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    He does a great BC impression. :)

Dra--- likes this.
  8. GreedoCMZ

GreedoCMZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 13, 1999
    Watched it a bunch at home then saw the trailer in 3D later in the day at the Irvine Spectrum.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's bruce spence. i've seen no mention of serkis voicing that character. just the witch king.

cwustudent likes this.
  10. markdeez

Oct 27, 2005
    Just listened to the end of the trailer through my studio headphones I use to monitor my recordings with at the highest possible volume and no, no Darth Vader breathing at the end, just the sound of a lightsaber igniting

thejeditraitor and GreedoCMZ like this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    [​IMG]

It's like poetry, it rhymes :)

12. Mr.Wedge Antilles

Nov 28, 2014
    Well I'm glad to get such an accurate answer. I must be hallucinating from lack of sleep. I think this means it's time for me to watch the trailer once more then lay my head down to dream of space ships dancing through the stars with lasers whistling in my ears and lightsabers flashing before my eyes.

markdeez likes this.
  13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Satipo

I think we deserve an official thread for crow eating. People make a ton of claims here, they should be man and woman enough to eat crow when wrong.

Someone make it!

14. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    I'll have to check. I was under the impression that Spence only did the part on set and was later dubbed. Even still, the witch king voice is pretty close to the teaser's voice over as well.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, you can really tell the difference in the coloring in those shots.

RyanForder and markdeez like this.
  16. markdeez

Oct 27, 2005
    possibly the post-2000 teal & orange color grading for blockbusters. that's what i'm thinking. JJ is notorious for it.

17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    You know which knights have more believable weapons? All of these:

18. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Serkis had nothing whatsoever to do with that scene. The Mouth of Sauron was played by Bruce Spence, who did all of his own dialogue on set and in prosthetic makeup.

BTW, unless they had Serkis record those lines specifically for the trailer, I think it's a pretty good indicator that he's playing a villain of some significance to the story.

As far as my own thoughts on the trailer go, I'm intrigued by what we saw, but the problem I have is that we have zero context whatsoever in which to place what we've seen. With the Prequel Trilogy, Lucasfilm had at least revealed SOME details about the basic storylines of the 3 films by the time their individual teaser trailers were released, which helped put some context to the images that appeared in said trailers, and it's frustrating to me that we know virtually nothing more about the film after having seen this trailer than we did before it was released.

jedinightwing likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    markdeez likes this.
  20. Mr.Wedge Antilles

Nov 28, 2014
    Satipo, jedinightwing and Dra--- like this.
  21. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    I stand corrected. Thanks. *goes and eats crow*

22. Darth Cornish

Darth Cornish Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    What has been going on here? Broke the forums!? You guys have been busy! Anyway awesome trailer. I haven't stopped smiling. So good to read all the posts and everyone's thoughts, I just cant have that kind of conversation with my wife...

Silly crossguard though...

23. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Can't wait to watch it for the 100th time.

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Just a thought, what if the TIE fighters firing at the Falcon aren't shooting at the Falcon itself, but at a ship chasing the Falcon? What if Boyega isn't the only Imperial that turns out to be a good guy?

cwustudent and markdeez like this.