main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question Question about rankings on the boards

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by wookiedookie, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Actually, I'm curious about 1 thing. Can people besides me see that I wrote -- "Wanted to add "Yep, it works. (Read below)" to show that I know how to edit a post" -- as the reason for my edit below that post, or is that something only I can see?

GrandMaster223 likes this.
  2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    This is what I can see:
    The edti-stamp can be seen by everyone, because it's very useful to know when a thread got edited (it explains lots of things like one has overseen an obvious link for example :p ).

I hope this helps. :)

Edit: Usually, when there was no "edit reason field", it got just edited in like this one. ;)
    (And I just wondered how we did quote when there was no quote function... :confused: I think it was just c/p and using italics...)

3. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    Thanks for your replies and this info. Your friendliness and helpfulness give the forums the feeling of a welcoming community.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

Just another advice... You don't need to quote someone all the time. Especially not if the post you're reffering to is on the same page as yours (your answer). If you want to make sure, that the original poster (in this case me) gets a notification, then it's enough to tag that person by posting an @ infront of the username (like Skiara). If you quote one like above, the threads looks puffed up. In additon the reader needs to go down through the whole post to find the new text (not that much work, but it can be smarter... and it's annoying, if you read it on smartphones or other small screens). :)

Edit: If you're quoting a post from a few pages ago, it's also helpful to quote only the part that is important. :)

GrandMaster223 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  5. Jedi Kao Cen Darach

Jedi Kao Cen Darach Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2014
  6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It shows all possible trophies. Of course, they are hard coded and not "maybe or maybe not", but with the more funny way of discribtion, which includes hints, it keeps up the surprise when one gets a throphy. You can get more infos about ranks and trophies here. :)

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When is this New Rank coming out that takes 5000 points because either no one has it or it is not a thing yet.

Also are you going to add more trophies.

8. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Personally I don't want 5000 points - mainly because, um... what's a Kwisatz Haderach anyway? I'm happy with Force Ghost!

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So Skiara what is the Answer For my post.

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    For you the next rank would be " chosen one" (500 trophy points needed). The rank of Kwisatz Haderach can't be reached right now, since there aren't that many trophy points atm and no one who has reached almost all trophies yet. As far as I know, more trophies will be invented. If you have ideas for it, just let me know and I'll forward it.

Here are some more detailed information about ranks, titles and trophies: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/special-features-how-can-i-do-what-is.50010733/]special[/url] features.

Does this answer your question?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It does if I think of anything I will tell you.

12. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    i do not get this i have 36 trophie points and i am still a Youngling
    can you fix this or tell me what is wrong
    thank you for your time to read this

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The list you quoted is now out of date as the point totals for each title were recently altered. The following is the corrected list

14. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    ok thank you very much!:)

15. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    Is this the thread where suggestions about changes to the trophies should be made?

I have 2 suggestions:

1) There has to be a trophy titled "Delegation of 2000" -- maybe replacing the trophy title Y2K, which is a little outdated. But even if it doesn't replace Y2K, there has to be something else that can earn someone the "Delegation of 2000" trophy: perhaps, once someone is a member for 2000 days (about 5 1/2 yrs), he gets the Delegation of 2000 trophy.

2) The "π" trophy for when somebody has a likes to post ratio of 22 to 7, which is 22/7ths or 3.14, in other words, "π." Someone can receive 3.14159... for earning the "π" trophy.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Those suggestions are interesting. The first one might have a different, but I can't look into it right know.

For suggesting new/alternative trophies, the Communications board is the right place. Do you need the link to it?

17. PhantomAlpha

PhantomAlpha Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2016
    It seems, kinda weird, as I should have a bit over 15 points but I still am a youngling. Don't know why, is there any other factors?
    EDIT: I see I didn't read long enough, now I understand.

GrandMaster223 and Skiara like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am actually curious about this. When was the last time you guys added a trophy?

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I believe we had updated the trophy scheme several years ago. Other than that I do not know when we last added a trophy. LAJ_FETT Skiara Do you have a better answer than that?

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't - I think it was probably Ramza that did it. It wasn't me.

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    My guess would be about one and a half or two years ago. But that's nothing that can be called waterproof. I just remember that we had a talk about some things to be changed not too long ago. But it also might have been that there's a yearly change around Halloween. ;)

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Well, one of the Trophies is "One of the Rens," so it has to be since a certain movie came out...