main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Dotting of the "i": The Ohio State Athletics Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DT421, Nov 30, 2006.

1. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    They'll probably leap Auburn over us in the polls. Unless we get more help we will be locked out of the NC game - (Still gotta get passed Mich St too).

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    This is approximately how I feel right now:

[​IMG]

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's never a wrong time to feel like Carlton.

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    What a game. This is why I still prefer college to the pros. I love the NFL, but nothing in this mediocre season has come close to this game, nor Alabama/Auburn.

All signs point to the Buckeyes getting the #2 spot in the BCS this week, but the Tigers will be closer than before I'm sure. But yeah, for right now all Urban and the boys can do is get ready for Sparty and let the chips fall where they may.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Beat. Michigan. State.

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    The main question now of course is does Ohio State still get to play FSU if they beat Michigan State barely while Auburn beats Missouri by at least a TD.

7. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    All the Bucks can do is take care of their business and keep the blinders on in doing so.

And quite frankly, don't be surprised when Mizzou beats Auburn.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Vegas opened the game with Auburn -3. The line has since dropped by half, they're only a 1.5 point favorite. Likely to be a complete tossup by the time the game starts, I think Missouri is likely to win as well.

Mizzou can reliably dial up pressure with a 4 man rush, never need more than that with the skill of their ends. That will give them assistance in the secondary and the ability to spy Marshall for most of the game to shut down the read option. I like Mizzou to win, but not jump OSU.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Exactly. I don't want the Buckeyes worrying about style points this week. Just TCB against Sparty the way they have the last 24 games they've played. Auburn/Mizzou is out of their hands. I will say that I'm a little concerned about Michigan State. True, they looked flatter than a 13th century globe against Minnesota, but with the Buckeyes coming off of such an emotional, hard fought win, I think they're more vulnerable than they've been at any time this year. It could be a rout, or it could be a nail-biter.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A friend of mine from High School who graduated a year before me is dotting the i for the bowl game, potentially the Championship game this year.

jcgoble3 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  11. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    It's taken me a couple of days to even begin to talk about Saturday's game. Very frustrating loss. Kudos to Michigan State, they won it fair and square and I wish them luck in the Rose Bowl, but man.

Oh well, on to Clemson.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    With the Orange Bowl still a few weeks away I guess it should be pointed out that the Buckeyes Men's baskeball team are 11-0 and #3 in the country :D.

13. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Day late and a dollar short on this, as I haven't been around i a dog's age, but was blown away to see an OHIO STATE thread here on tf.net. Had to, just HAD to say.. Go Green.. Go white... ;)

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    1.) Yeah, I haven't seen you around the boards in ages, Drew. 2.) With an annual enrollment of over 50,000, there are a lot of Buckeye fans out there. 3.) Boo! :p

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Well, 12-2 is certainly not a season to be ashamed of, but given that both losses came at the end, it's certainly a bitter pill to swallow heading into the offseason.

16. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    In light of recent events, time to dust off!

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DarthIntegral -- does the fact that Greg Oden was referenced in the first post of this thread make you fear for the Crisis of Infinite Drafts?

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nah. He's a chameleon. You can never tell where he'll show next.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The only place you're not likely to see Greg Oden is a basketball court :p.

20. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    I head back to work tomorrow here in Memphis. A lot of Bama fans here. I'm sure a good dose of trash talking awaits me! :p

21. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Yes, Sir! =D=

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Vs. Oregon for the Title!

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  24. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    They won't even look me in the eye today. I've endured a lot of mouth in the past month and today has been beautiful so far.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Jim Tressel has been elected to the CF HOF.