main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    That's not misleading. It was asking, "Who would fall?", not "Everybody here will fall." I just have the feeling that somebody is going to perish in this arc.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Prepare to be disappointed, because I'm almost certain it is Barriss.

3. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Yes it is her. But will it be revealed? Or will Anakin chose the easy way and blame Ventress for it.

If he is truely darth vader, than he will go for the truth. Vaders biggest quality is his sense of justice.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Wut?

The Vader way would be to lose control and kill Ventress.

5. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    Vader always talks about peace and justice for his galaxy. He killed all the jedi because saw them ploting to take over with his own eyes. It was treason what the jedi did to the republic. The fact that Palpatine was a sith does not matter for trying to arrest the chancelor. The jedi council has no right to do this. The laws of the republic says every man is not guilty before you proove it. The jedi had to proove that palpatine is sidious first, not just visiting the Chancelor of the republic and try to arrest him, threatening him with lightsabers. Practically Sidious just defended his own life in that moment.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not really. I can think of only two times, on Mustafar, when he sounds completely insane, and on Bespin when he's trying to get Luke to join him. Both times he has ulterior motives.

Btw, what happens on Mustafar? He chokes his wife and tries to kill Obi-Wan.

No, he killed them in some crazy attempt to save Padme. Try seeing through people, instead of taking their words at face value.

Yes it does matter if Palpatine is in control of the Separatists and instigated the Clone Wars.

That is treason.

lolwut?

You don't have to prove guilt before you arrest someone. You arrest them first, then put them on trial and prove their guilt.

lol @ Vader's sense of justice. I guess it was justice to crush Captain Antilles' throat on the Tantive IV. It was justice to choke Motti for speaking ill of his sorcerer's ways. It was justice to kill Ozzel and Needa for their failures. It was justice to torture Han and Chewie and throw Han in carbonite. It was justice to "alter the deal" he had with Lando.

There's a pattern here.

It was "truth and justice" when he made a deal with Clovis but left him on Cato Neimoidia anyway.

Even when he does look for the truth, he often does it with violence, like he did with Poggle and Cad Bane.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    I never said he is Mercyfull. Antilles tried to run through his blockade and boldly fight his stormtroopers. he had to die. Also Motti is just a worm in Vaders eyes. The chozen one cant let a stupid cockroach like Motti talk respectless about the Force. ozzel and needa realy was bad officers and deserved to get punished for their failures which costed the empire men and resources. Han is a smuggler who killed Imperials, Chewbacca is a wookie war prisoner which was escaped. Lando was a ****head who betrayed his own friends and sold them to vader. At least Vader held his promise and did not left behind invasion troops on bespine.

Vader is pure justice. A evil and twisted version of justice of course.. :p

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Vader did whatever the hell he wanted, even as Anakin. I'm not sure in what dictionary that is defined as "justice." And lol at the idea that Vader can choke people for talking back to him just because of some dumbass prophecy.

As far as Ventress, if Anakin thinks she did it, he'll kill her on the spot or try to. Hell, in addition to all the other examples listed, Anakin's initial reaction to Palpatine revealing himself as a Sith was to draw his lightsaber. He only stopped himself because he thought Palpatine could help him save Padme.

But...if Ventress is the Ventress of previous episodes, she'll give Anakin a new scar and escape.

9. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    Hey Vader did not kill Motti. Luke did. He killed more people than Vader and Sidious combined by killing millions of deathstar personell. :p

CoolyFett and Paparazzo like this.
  10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I noticed a Dark Disciple thread (obviously) in Lit. Is this the closest thing in the TV forum?

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope.

But happy to see this thread bumped anyway.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

There is literally a thread titled it as anakinfansince1983 pointed out.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just went back through this thread. Good reading, some of the best I've done around here.

For those of you who got a "like" for a post from two years ago...I couldn't help myself. I like to acknowledge good posts, even old ones. :D

cwustudent I'm taking the liberty here to say that this is what Golden and TCW writers should mean when talking about "sparks flying" between Asajj and another character.

I also found my own epic rant about what the **** the writers did to Asajj at the end of season 5. I don't know if that was a pre-wine rant or post-wine rant but suffice it to say that time has calmed me down on that subject. Just not much. :p

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    For those who may not have seen it in the Dark Disciple thread, I attempted an analysis of Ventress' entire arc from what I would understand her perspective to be. It seems to have been well received from all camps, which is a minor miracle in and of itself here. So here's a link to the post for those who may not have seen it. I encourage discussion and disagreements :)

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Lando Griffin

Lando Griffin Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2014
    Ventress is to awesome

16. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Ventress was always a great character. I wish she had some more bounty hunter episodes, but she was always enjoyable.

17. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Just a random question: In Season 2 Nute Gunray promised to buy a whole planet for Ventress when she would manage to free him from the custody of Luminara Unduli and Ahsoka Tano at their Republican ship. Ventress did succeed as we know. Did Nute Gunray keep his promise? Did he probably hand over to Ventress the planet Mauk who is mentioned in "Obsession", that pre RoTS-Comic where Obi-Wan is searching so desperately for Ventress?

Obi-Wan mentioned there that he had seen the worshipping-rituals on the planet Mauk where the pale goddess of death is receiving the sacrifices of her adorers.

18. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Perhaps Ventress has a cult that worships her, like Talzin does.

19. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Maybe she turned into a second Komari Vosa at this planet.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Just a correction. Gunray was saved by Ventress in the first half of Season One. I wish they did follow up on that line. But as far as I am concerned, the line was just a throwaway joke about how rich Gunray was. We actually never see that explored in any way after this episode for one reason or another. Maybe TCW crew did not care so much about the CIS...
    On a sidenote: It would have been a nice episode or two to showcase Gunray's wealth and how influential he was.

That would have been a nice way to use the EU to enrich TCW even more.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I wish Gunray had actually been in the series after Season 2. There seemed to be a reduction in the scope of series as it went on. Episodes would focus more on the Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan trio more often that obscure Jedi, like in season 1 and 2.

22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Not too sure if serious....

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Check the date on that post, Cooly. ;)

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, it's a forgiveable post due to statute of limitations.

Maybe. :p

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    To be fair, before S3 I probably felt the same way about her, especially since she was a shadow of her awesome depiction in the old multimedia project, especially in Republic.

Although to slowburn's credit, he/she more or less called the whole "expendable" thing.