main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Great list, sounds like the most accurate one yet. Don't forget that concept art has given us some confirmed production numbers as well. These are my best guesses.

Bounty Hunter Arc 5.23-26 (confirmed, probably finale for s6)
    Crystal Crisis 6.01-04 (confirmed, s7 arc)
    Echo Arc 6.05-08 (probably, s7 opener)
    Wookie Arc 6.09-12 (probably, s7 arc)
    Dark Disciple Arc 6.13-16 (confirmed, s7 arc)
    Pyke Arc 6.17-20 (very speculative, methinks an s8 arc?)
    Son of Dathomir 6.20-24 (confirmed, s7 finale? S7 needs a maul arc, so this shouldn't be s8 material)
    Rex/R2 Arc 6.25-26 (probably, end of s6 production batch, could be an s7 arc or even finale)
    Padme Arc 7.01-04 (very speculative, likely s8)
    Unknown Arc 7.05-08
    Ventress S8 Arc 7.09-12 (very speculative, but definitely s8)
    Return to Mon Cala Arc 7.13-16 (very speculative, definitely s8 though, late s8 my guess)
    Maul/Ashoka/Bo-Katan S8 Arc 7.17-20 (confirmed to exist, likely pre-finale, s8)
    Finale 7.21-23 (The finale of course, s8)

That means Season 6 gets 21 episodes, season 7 gets 22, season 8 gets 23. A definite estimate, but not an unreasonable assumption either.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I don't think the Pykes arc is speculative. Stephen Stanton said he recorded a 4 episode S6/S7 arc and he was leader of the Pykes. He mentioned an Old Republic voice actor voiced that arc as well. The fact that it was already recorded means it was for the end of S6 or early-mid in S7. It probably would've aired S7.

3. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Marvel could finish these in a comic series or release all stories in a hardcover original graphic novel.

4. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Hi. I'm new to the forum, but I just wanted to share some of my observations on the topic:
    -The concept art galleries on StarWars.com indicate that there are 25 episodes in a production batch.
    -Since Stanton said he voiced the Pyke Leader in a 4-episode arc for S6/S7, I believe the presence of Fife as Lom's apparent replacement in the Shadow Collective during Son of Dathomir, I think it's safe to assume the arc in question is actually the Son of Dathomir arc.
    -Having 21 Episodes for Season 6 would make Crystal Crisis the S6 finale.
    -Since Production numbers indicate Son of Dathomir would probably be the S7 finale, I think that should make the Rex/R2 arc the Season 8 premiere.
    -One of the unknown arcs was implied by Pablo Hidalgo to be a Grievous-centric Arc, explaining a bit of his origins and history with the Separatists. I can't remember where/when he said it though. Does anybody remember/have access to that?

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You know,in regards to the Mandalore/Ahsoka/Bo-Katan/Maul Arc; I hope that Ahsoka is at the very least; cold and not as friendly with the Council (Minus Obi Wan) as she used to be. And is only talking to them because she has no other choice.

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  6. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Hi, welcome to the forum! It's always good to get TCW fans new to the forum to contribute. I have seen that a production season will have either 25 or 26 episodes if you look at the episode codes for all the seasons on Wikipedia.
    Well, Stephen said that the arc was centered around the Pykes and their spice trade. In SoD, Fife has such a tiny blink and you miss him role that I don't think it's the same arc.
    This is probably how it would've gone but hard to say since both Season 5 and 6 were truncated after the Disney sale. S6 may have gotten even one more arc if S5 had been the proper length.
    I think it's true that SoD would've been near the end of S7 but there are a lot of what-ifs as I mentioned above. The Rex/R2 arc was written by Friedman for the final story conference which would've been a S8 arc, but we don't actually have any production codes for it, so not sure where in the season.
    I only know that he mentioned Grievous would feature prominently in a future arc, and that could very well be Crystal Crisis. I think the Separatist/origins thing was just fan speculation.

7. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Actually the batch number is 26 as can be seen here :)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/User:CC7567/TCW

Judging from what had been completed, the Crystal Crisis or the Bounty Hunter arc might have been the finale of season 6 had it been on TV.
    Though there's plenty of episodes that might have taken the spot.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I'm not sure it would be 100% up to Marvel but if Lucasfilm wanted to and handed over the scripts, Marvel would probably do it. I sure as hell hope so. If they're sitting on almost 2 seasons worth of content, I wanna see it presented in a narrative form.

PrometheusCreations likes this.
  9. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    It says that the Son of Dathomir ARC was screenplays for Season 6.

Anyways, Son of Dathomir had Obi-Wans armor gauntlets still on while Utapau did not. So I would have Season 6 like this(at least chronologically)

6.1-6.4- Order 66 ARC
    6.5-6.7- Clovis trilogy
    6.8-6.9- Jar Jar/Mace Duo
    6.10-6.13-Yoda ARC
    6.14-6.17- Bounty Hunter or SOD
    6.18-6.21- Bounty Hunter or SOD

The production codes do not mean anything so I would assume Season 7 starts like this:

7.01-7.04- Bad Batch ARC
    7.05-7.08- Crystal Crisis ARC
    7.09-7.12- Maybe Wookiee or Dark Disciple ARC

10. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I don't know, i don't think they would have finished the Son of Dathomir arc in time to have it as the s6 finale.

Gudenruben2 and DarthTalgus like this.
  11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree, I think that the disappeared arc was going to be the Dathomir related arc of the season with SoD being the finale of S7, and it would just be little weird for them to have two episodes about Talzin, only for them to continue that story 1 arc later in the season

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd hope that they would ditch that brain surgery crap from Labyrinth of Evil.

13. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    :( Disney pls. Let the team finish out the series and charge $50 for a Blu Ray release. Millions will pay.

ZodaEX likes this.
  14. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Man, I would have loved the Battle of Courscant arc big time.

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would have loved to see the Ahsoka/Bo-Katan/Maul arc. That would have been amazing.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  16. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    I think that we will see the Maul/Bo-Katan/Ahsoka arc (We really need a shorter name for this arc :p) as a fully voiced motion comic or as a audio drama (Maybe at Celebration Anaheim ?) because of the fact that Matt Lanter's tweet (and the fact that Ashley might have recorded lines aswell)
    As for the other arcs, one of the lost arcs might be turned into a comic, after Star Wars : Princess Leia ends in July :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Who knows maybe every arc will one day be adapted into a either or comic or novel.

Personally I would like an important arc like the ROTS tie in to be a straight to DVD mini movie would that be to hard?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    It's a little tragic really, if the Disney deal hadn't happened, we would be discussing the mid-season trailer for Season 7 right now :_|

19. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Really saddens my heart that we could have gotten all the way to a season 8....

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm enjoying Rebels, but based on the unaired CW content, I would have preferred to see that before Rebels started. I would have liked the Maul and Ventress episodes on screen, because I know we lost material in the SOD comics, and the same will likely be true for the Ventress novel.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am also enjoying rebels but I think the cancelled stuff would be great.

22. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Can someone post a link to where you got this information regarding these arcs...starvwars.com?

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Octavian Dibar likes this.
  24. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Thanks Watto

25. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    1. @BFree63 There are claims that the Rex/R2 arc you wrote only had two episodes. Is this true at all?
    [​IMG]
    Brent Friedman@BFree63
    @hu Nope, four.
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More