main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How powerful in the Force should Luke be in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Mar 30, 2014.

?

How powerful in the Force should Luke be in the ST?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2016.
  1. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and slightly wiser about the ways of the Force

2.3%
  2. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and slightly wiser and with more/new Force abilities

6.2%
  3. Slightly more powerful than he was in ROTJ and just as wise as Yoda

3.1%
  4. Just below the most powerful in combat (equal to Mace maybe) and just below the top in wisdom

7.7%
  5. Just below the most powerful in combat but just as wise as they are or with more/new Force abilities

6.2%
  6. As powerful in combat as Yoda or Palpatine but not as wise as they are about the ways of the Force

10.8%
  7. As powerful in combat as Yoda and Palpatine and also as wise as they are about the ways of the Force

10.8%
  8. More powerful than Yoda or Palpatine in combat and wiser and/or with more Force abilities

9.2%
  9. As powerful as the Chosen One if Anakin had reached his full potential

26.9%
  10. More powerful than the Chosen One at his full potential or any Jedi/Sith ever

16.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Dark Apprentice for TFUII

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Powerful enough to transform into an AT-AT foot whenever the need arises.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Powerful enough to make Wes Anderson movies on the whim.

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Luke should be a mix of Obi Wan and Yoda with the experience and wisdom with potential for great power. He will probably taken lightly by some characters in the film, until he shows his true powers. These powers will not consist of any dark side powers as I am sure he has a clear understanding on how to control his anger/fear..etc. It will be a sight to see, as we will be able to watch him be overly confident (Mace Windu AOTC/ROTS face) while fighting, and not have any fear of falling (Luke ESB face) to the darkside.

Just watching him train a young student of the force, even for a few minutes of screen time, will be a fan favorite for sure! And no, I don't see Luke crawling into someone's back pack as stated earlier lol.

nightangel and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I can for see Luke being a very powerful and wise Jedi. He is the last of their kind after all. He beat Vader into submission with his youthfulness and power, but DIDNT defeat the Emperor relying on that asset lets not forget. He pretty much relied on his assumed hold he had on his fathers compassion for his son to accomplish that. And it worked. But was he truly a MASTER at the end of ROTJ? he resisted Palpatine's seduction certainly.

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No, he was pretty clearly just a Knight at the end of ROTJ. I know his training was rapid--far more rapid than the PT would have us believe is standard for Jedi--but I remember scoffing at the first issue of "Dark Empire" back in the '90s when it refers to Luke as a Jedi Master. "I just read Heir to the Empire, he still feels like he barely knows anything... now a year later he thinks he's a freakin' Jedi Master?! Talk about delusions of grandeur!"

7. SearchForBalance

SearchForBalance Jedi Padawan

Sep 15, 2014
    I was wondering if (and how much) Luke's force abilities have progressed over the 30 years between trilogies. I thought I read speculation on this site about Luke being able to be so powerful he could move mountains(?). Since Abrams is creating his own story (not following the EU), will Luke have advanced to "Grand Master" or some semblance of Jedi Master? Will he be a Jedi Master or Grand Master like Yoda? Might he have freakishly strong Force abilities resembling "Force Unleashed?"

8. A_skywalker.sith

A_skywalker.sith Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2015
    Lukes powers are so strong he exiles himself and He is to the emperor what the emperor was to JarJar

9. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I didn't see one for what I wanted as a choice: Most powerful (sheer power) that we've seen on-screen, wise but not as wise as Yoda/Palpatine-level, nowhere close to as skilled as any of the Sith/Jedi Masters (combat/abilities), and the greatest control of the Force.

10. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    Presumably Luke will have had 30 more years of training with the "Force ghosts" of Yoda, OB1, and Anakin. Even Qui-gon could weigh in through his voice. This would mean that luke at this point, is probably the most powerful jedi ever seen, and almost as wise as Yoda. Look at how strong Anakin was and he only trained as a jedi for about 13 years. He continued to train under the dark side, but a sith would never teach his apprentice everything, so Anakin never grew as powerful as he could have. Luke however should have a firm mastery of the force. And I would be disappointed if he never taught Leia anything. Even a little.

rumsmuggler, Revanfan1 and AndyLGR like this.
  11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I was actually going to post that how can Luke progress in 30 years of being the only Jedi in the galaxy and no master to train him. Then I read your post and it reminded me thats its actually quite a clever plot point from Lucas that even when dead, a Jedi can return as a force ghost and so the knowledge continues.

darthjj88 likes this.
  12. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I think Luke will the same as he was 30 years ago.

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

That would be really strange, if there is no progression in 30 years and after probably a lot of battles.

14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Well age catches up with him I bet.

15. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    So funny that there is actual people who don't understand that by ROTJ Luke was already more powerful then everyone in PT era including Yoda.
    And as we know GL himself have said Luke would be waaay more powerful then both yoda and sidious by this time in VII he should be demi god like.
    And i'm pretty sure thats what the title ref too,Luke awakens.

16. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    age should hamper him incredibly like it did obi wan
    so basically obi wan level

17. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    It's like a 30 year alarm clock on a 10 year setting finally waking up, tick tocking to 18/12/15..
    Well Alec McGuinness in TNH was still able to perform basic clash of blades moves. Hamill will probably have a stunt double to cover head to head blades fight motion.

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Luke should be the most powerful force user ever. But even more important is his character

19. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Something akin to this. It's about time we went beyond pushes and lightning.

[​IMG]

Vastor likes this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Give us new powers besides lightning!

Revanfan1 and JediMatteus like this.
  21. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Love this pic reminds of 10/10/08 when I bought TFU for the xbox I doubt we will see a jedi or sith perform a force grip we haven't seen in mini tv series,spin off movies just the games at the moment it would be good of you could put Luke were Starkiller/Galen Marek is standing.

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    He`s the son of the son of the Force itself. He is the most powerful Force being EVER but does he have the wisdom to use it?

23. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yes!!

24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Luke is only supposed to be 51 in this. That isn't really old especially considering how much the force flows through Luke given his linage.

JediMatteus, Revanfan1 and nightangel like this.
  25. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I feel that Luke should be exceptionally stronger in the force than most that appeared before him. If he is to start a new era of Jedi, it would just make sense for him to excel in his abilities. I am not talking **** powerful, but powerful enough that he stands out as someone that looks and acts and has the abilities to restart the Jedi order. But start one in his own vision and ways. He should teach core Jedi principles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.