main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [El Camino spoilers] If you don't watch Breaking Bad, then yes, you still are an idiot.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    omg, this is going to be amazing.

Dude, watch this trailer.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No! I hate watching trailers. I always remember small details that spoil the plot like, "hey I haven't seen the scene with these two people in this one location, so now I know where that sotryline is going." I mean, my whole job is to listen to pitches and write down/remember the details. I just can't watch trailers anymore without having things burned into my memory that spoil things because I can't forget them.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The editing on the trailer is pretty terrible anyway. :p

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So what do you do when you go to the movies? Blindfold and earplugs? :p

harpua likes this.
  5. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I seriously cover my eyes with my hoodie and put my fingers in my ears. It's how I've avoided knowing anything about The Force Awakens or Jurassic World. I'm sure it looks ridiculous :p

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Seriously.... that's ridiculous. Remind me to never go out in public with you. :p

Ender Sai and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think anyone else notices. If you're looking at a totally silent person next to you during the trailers instead of at the screen, maybe the trailers aren't very good :p

Honestly, this has made my movie-going experience so much better. Trailers are not even made by the filmmakers usually and spill way too much. If I already know I'm going to see a film, I'm going to see it fresh. Which in honesty is how the writer and director intend you to see it. They write these scenes to be enjoyed in context in a dramatic or comedic way then that is totally destroyed by the trailer.

No thanks, I want to enjoy films the way they used to be enjoyed, not by breaking down every inch of the trailer with every nerd I know :p

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hipster.

harpua and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    "The uploader has not made this video available in your country.":([face_frustrated]

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Found it without the geographic restriction:

OK, I'm sold.

12. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I am looking forward to this BB-related show! I will discuss it in this lovely thread where we have had so many adventures discussing BB, and all things Saul Goodman, over the past several years.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    for harpua, who wanted to know why I hated Jesse Pinkman.

I know Jesse's meant to represent conscience in the show; that Walk starts out straight and narrow and Jesse is troubled but Walt becomes a happy sociopath and Jesse resists that "darkness". I get all that. I just found him such a victim, so inept, and so overbearingly whiny that I couldn't enjoy his scenes. He was weak, and not in a good dramatic way where it lead to better things. Just in an annoying "I don't wanna get out of bed!" way.

If I could beat him senseless with a cricket bat, I would.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dude... so much utter **** happened to the guy, and those he cared about. He suffered from severe PTSD... to reduce that to "whiny" is pretty callous and shallow.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I get that, and I acknowledged it. But maybe it was just Aaron Paul's choices but I found Jesse unlikable in just about every frame. There was no time when I liked him, or felt connected to the character, or anything.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Really? I ****ing love Jesse.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Couldn't stand him. But did not hate Skyler.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Jesse was excellent, he went up as Walt went down. Brian gets more plaudits, but Aaron was equally important to the show.

EHT and harpua like this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I didn't want to bash Walter though. Glad he died, didn't want to hit him repeatedly.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    But you knocked Aaron Paul. This guy!

Would the Queen do that?

yankee8255, solojones and harpua like this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I've no idea as I'm not intending to watch the video.

23. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Ender Sai, I consider you a wise and valuable member of these boards, but I must respectfully disagree with your character assessment when it comes to Jesse.

How did his daydream of being a hobbyist while chained to his forced labor situation not break your heart? If you wanna hate someone, hate Todd. I mean, it's pretty obvious.

harpua, EHT and Diggy like this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Good about the lack of Skyler hate. She gets too bad of a rap from people. The hand job scene in the pilot and her Marilyn Monroe impersonation at Ted's birthday party were pretty cringe-worthy, though.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Gotta agree, Jesse was great. His character arc did indeed go up, and he retained a conscience.

harpua likes this.