main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Evil Castle

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wasn't Vader's Castle meant to have appeared in ESB?

2. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    HA!

Yeah, especially that one. [face_laugh]

Sum-Wan likes this.
  3. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    No. I think it was concept art that was for ROTJ.

Messi likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    I'm sure the one Jason is referencing is better that the one leaked months ago below. But one interesting thing looking at this artwork again is how banged up the castle is. I think he mentioned in the podcast that their is other artwork showing a foundry of sorts.

[​IMG]

6. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Way back when, i was convinced the Vader's castle concept are would be used for the PT considering that Lucas likes using older ideas that he couldn't work in originally. Good to see the Castle idea made it into SW after all (possibly). It's one fantasy trope that SW never managed to adopt (one thing i love about SW is it's willingness to adopt Fantasy concepts).

TK327 and ThreeDeathstickProblem like this.
  7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    edit....damn starocean you like live on making star wars or dont sleep...beat me to it.

Shadojoker and starocean90 like this.
  8. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Apparently - its been rumoured that is where Luke has holed himself up. In Vader's castle.

A cool concept if true.

KitsterAKABobaFett and Markpro like this.
  9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    the earliest versions of the film and the one shot at Pinewood had an 1) an island 2) a castle and 3) the castle ends up in flames. Something tells me George Lucas is probably an all over nothing guy. So when they didn’t use all of his ideas, he proclaimed they didn’t use any of his ideas. But if we see a castle on fire on an island when the film comes out, we know really old ideas pertaining to Star Wars: Episode VII which became Star Wars: The Force Awakens still pertain to the finished film.

10. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Probably won't be vader's castle. It'll probably be a sith homeworld ruin of sorts.

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    That castle pic is one of my favourite concept arts, it looks like Barad Dur, not in terms of shape but in terms of colour and sinister look

12. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    I feel it might be a shrine, where the big bad is based, possibly entombed. My feeling is that in TFA the big bad will be growing in power but impotent in some way and requiring the assistance of the secondary antagonists such as GC Chrome Trooper and Kylo Ren.

I feel the castle will be a Sith or dark side base of sorts and if the rumour about Rey being captured and taken to the dark castle by Kylo, the would be rescuers will get more than they bargained for when they realise the big bad is in the picture.

I would hope it is a Sith shrine as it would give us more insight into the Sith as a culture rather than the just two robe clad force users. That said I did love the Rule of Two as a concept and felt it had a place in the prequels. If the big bad is as I suspect the formative Darth, possibly Bane, it would make sense to place him in a tomb or shrine as he would have been idolised by succeeding Masters of the Rule of Two.

13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    The castle bit is one of the most intriguing and exciting rumors about the movie. The concept art I liked the best is the one with the castle, the bridge, and the mountains in the background and the Falcon.

14. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Well I think all we really know about this castle is that both Hamill and Ridley were shooting there at Skellig Michael. Now I'm sure their was lots of shots indoors at Pinewood with other characters, but interesting that only Hamill and Ridley were used for the external shots only?

15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Luke is probably inside that castle the question is why and who is with him?

16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Said this in another thread but I'll repeat it here since we get different viewers in different threads.

The castle is VERY reminiscent of the idea of Vader's castle that was from an early draft of ROTJ I believe. If so, it does look like some discarded ideas from the other movies, particularly the OT, are being used in the ST. If so, that's really good news because some of the ideas were rather intriguing. And with LK in the mix, I wouldn't be surprised.

See! Lucas' ideas are being used after all!:D

18. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Yeah, it'd be really cool if they recycled that concept. I love the idea of Vader having his own private castle somewhere in the galaxy, and a character in TFA taking refuge there: either Luke (exploring more of his roots or something) or a villain who's obsessed with Vader/Sith artifacts.

Echo Base likes this.
  19. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Is this castle on the same planet as the 'exotic city'? I don't want to start a thread on locations, but is this the rumored Sith world? The one that allegedly is a 'super weapon'?

20. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Frankly, i hope it's on a wild planet, with iron stuff raining from above and a GIANT sun burning in the sky. Or sitting on a frostball with no sun at all. Mostly i'd prefer the castle be where the plot tells it it must be.

21. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    Wish I would've really given this thread a good lookover sooner, this castle's just about the only thing I'm excited to see so far. It looks awesome.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Only if at some point C3PO goes "This castle looks familiar. A long long time ago, it was once called Evil Ancient Castle."

23. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I just think we should see something more modern looking, if not in TFA then surely going forward...Just my opinion this is...

24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    A long time ago, in an Evil Castle Far Far Away....

25. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Very heartening to potentially see concepts we've read about in the development of the OT finally come into fruition. I really hope it is Vader's ex-sanctuary.

on a side note would;t it be awesome if we got the evil castle in the Star Wars zone of the revamped Disney parks as counter to the Sleeping Beauty castle :p

Echo Base and Pfluegermeister like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.