main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Evil Castle

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Absolutely. There's been no official confirmation one way or the other. He looks the part, but for all we know he's a bounty hunter that found an old relic-style light saber.

I was just giving my take on what I "felt" was the case with the Ren character. I have zero facts to back it up lol

I know likes this.
  2. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    That's what I find so exciting about this period of Star Wars. No one knows what's going to happen :)

3. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah I was a little kid when I saw ROTJ in the theater, and we had no internet then so I didn't know jack about the movie. I remember crying when Vader saved Luke from the Emperor. Good memories.

With these new ones, and the advent of the web and blogs, you know some stuff is gonna leak before we see it. It's almost inevitable this day in age.

thejeditraitor and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  4. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    I have the same memories :) happy days!

thejeditraitor and CGI-BOBAFENT like this.
  5. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah I remember my dad rented ANH and ESB on VHS (lol) and we watched both the morning/afternoon before we went and saw ROTJ. My bro was a big fan back then, and told us it was true that Darth Vader was Luke's father.

I know likes this.
  6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

This is an interesting idea; and as good a theory as any I have heard regarding this concept art. It would be a nice way of having a Vader connection; also the planet does look a lot like Naboo as well. [face_thinking]

7. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

While i see what you're saying, i would think rather that Anakin would want to stay as far away from Naboo as he could possibly get. Too many memories, you know. i do get your point, though. Just kind of an "if it were me" sort of thing.

Sometimes it's the good memories that hurt the most, feel the most raw, and heal the slowest.

8. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Reflection, wether good or bad, is something that I feel many with troubled pasts do with certain locations. Just my opinion this is...

9. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

This Evil Castle speculation increases my excitement again for Episode VII. :D [face_devil]

10. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Vader is an obsessive and obsessives tend to dwell on things which tells me he would at some point go back to Naboo.

11. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Agreed. Again, like a lot of things I've seen, not sure how I feel about an evil castle. Unless it's done in a certain way...

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Gonna make for an amazing Action Figure Play$et.

13. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    LOL

I laugh but as a kid I loved stuff like this. I remember getting the AT-AT walker... was awesome.

I know likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I struck gold when I received the Death Star playset. The "evil castle" will make a mint.

TK327, plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  15. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Are playsets that marketable a thing now? I remember the main event was always the vehicles and the playlets with the action figures more as accessories but that seems to have shifted the other direction over the past few decades with the figures being the big deal.

16. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I want to see the traps that Darth Vader had inside of his castle, such as gargoyles or something like them that guarded the site when he was gone.

17. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah kids now are more interested in video games and the internet for entertainment heh

Maybe the Evil Castle can change that [face_devil]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  18. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Interesting thought....also interesting is that, from what we know about the new Darth Vader comic, he would go back to Tatooine.

19. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Put yourself in Luke's shoes. Now that the Sith have been destroyed and the Rebellion can kinda take over things on their own, what do you do? You just found out who your Father is and like he mentioned in Jedi he was curious about his mother. Given the technology and record keeping it shouldn't be hard for Luke to see video and images of his mother in the Senate and know she was from Naboo. Surely he would go there, especially if he also knew Vader had a castle there, which is now left to him. Not to mention real family ties with Padme's family.

I have no doubt Luke would like to know more and that clearly means he at some point heads to Naboo. Only problem is rumor suggests all the planets we see in TFA are new to the saga.

20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

Doesn't it just scream Evil?

kip73 likes this.
  21. kip73

Mar 30, 2003
    Dang plaid, kids everywhere will stop the video games if that's they got to look forward to lol

22. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014
    I just posted this in the planets thread and I thought it could provide value here. A fantastic lead was provided by DarkLordOfTech.

I just took a stroll on over to Wookipedia and I'm pretty much floored. How in the world can this planet with the X-wings, the forest dual and the evil castle concept art not be Zoist. Fantastic job DarkLordoftech!!!! For craps sake its the exact castle by the water in the Evil Castle concept art. If the Empire was in retreat after losing at Endor surely Zoist would be an obvious place to regroup.

[​IMG]

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Seeing as those three cover two different planets I think the answer is obvious.

24. Max@TSWP

Nov 21, 2014

Why do we think its three different planets? The X-Wings in attack formation over water with snowy mountain caps in the background could easily be Zoist. The forest dual in the snow forest (mountains) could easily be Zoist. The castle by the ocean rocks scene in the concept art could easily be Zoist. Especially considering it matches comic art from the past. But I will go one further, who is to say Zoist isn't also the place where we see the new Empire shuttle landing concept art or the exotic city artwork.

If the Empire was in retreat after Endor, Zoist would be the logical place to regroup. It has Sith heritage and infrastructure to keep the remnant going.

Truth be told I don't think their will be more than three planets in this movie anyways. It would confuse the audience something royal.

25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Did you mean to say planets? Or environments?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.