main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update MOD Mod Squad Updates - 2014 End of the Year on Page 6

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Jan 15, 2014.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I say we run an Ocean's 11 shindig for the big bucks. And I got just the place: Disneyland in Anaheim this April. 11 of our best will meet up at the Celebration VII convention, disguised as fans, reporters, pseudo-VIPs, JJ Abrams's pedicurist, whathaveyou. And while the masses are distracted by the main events, we'll bust into the Disneyland vault!

Cause the Mouse always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes. The Mouse takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet and you bet big, then you take the Mouse.

[​IMG]

C'mon who wants in? I know some of you have played enough video games to have enough pickpocketing, demolitions, and slicer XP to get this off the ground.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I can't wait until the next update in 10 months :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Why are you guys so desperate for updates? lol... these people do this crap voluntarily, and have actual lives, jobs, families, etc.

As for the need for a new server, or somebody to come in a fix whatever issues, a while back, I suggested doing a kickstarter, or something similar. I think if we can raise a chunk and foot part of the bill, Phil Wise (the owner of these boards, for those who are unfamiliar with him) may be willing to take care of the rest. Obviously, it's something he'd have to be aware of and agree to, but I think it's worth asking. If every registered user kicked in five bucks, or whatever amount, we'd be able to raise, maybe, a fair amount.

Jedi Knight Fett and Coruscant like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I just like to see what they do behind the scenes and if every user kicked over 5 dollars half the user base would go.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You really don't want to see what we do behind the scenes. It is mortifying.

Darth McClain likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No I do.[face_devil]

8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    10 months later, and...?

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I told you... you really don't want to know what we are doing behind the scenes. This silence has been the public service. You are welcome.

Admiral Volshe and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Problem users were discussed and occasionally smited.

A Chorus of Disapproval offered to put Santa hats on all moderator avatars, except mine because the top of her head is cut off, so I'm opting for a necklace of Christmas lights. I started a poll called "Whose avatar would look best and worst with Santa hats?" People refused to respond until I offered chocolate.

DarthTunick 's account has been programmed to blast a sappy holiday song every time he logs in.

I think that's it.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Also we bought a lot of pizza. ;)
    It's the apostrophes. They like to mess things up just to grind your gears.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You forgot the bit where we purposely trained Wimp Lo wrong, as a joke.

13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Not sure if this is better than an actual Mod Squad Update, but it's definitely funnier. [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Honestly, we could never confess to the rest of you what happened to those kittens.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

'Tis the season...

:p

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would take these over mod squad updates forever.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    fight me irl

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    How long as it been since we've had a Mod Squad update?

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Years. This appeared to be a good idea to bring back, but nothing that’s not tedious and mechanical ever happens, and when it does we just post dedicated threads here. Eh, it was worth a try.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    —@EHT and @Artoo-Dion both took early retirement. They won the lottery and no longer need their extensive paychecks from this place.

—Users that cheer for the Duke Blue Devils were discussed and subsequently warned, except @Rew, because I like him.

—With Easter and April Fool’s Day falling on the same day this year, we will be hiding chocolate eggs in random threads in the YJCC, except for the Fecal Force thread, because that just...wouldn’t work.

—After much discussion and debate, @Bazinga’d ‘s user name was converted from the HTML template to UTF-8 format.

—After the announcement of the new Johnson trilogy and the Benioff and Weiss series, concern was shared regarding the possibility of New Films subforums exploding as if touched by the Geminio curse.

—A new filter was put into place to change “you” to “y’all” every time an Australian or British user types in “you.”

So IOW, all varieties of tedious and mechanical things happened.

21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I wondered why that was happening! :eek:

Nice MS update - Cool to see it back. =D=

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is true. [face_laugh]

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Years in the making, but it is finally back. I will be waiting patiently for the the next one in 2020. :p

Pensivia and G-FETT like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    You will be disappointed.

And then, when it finally arrives, you will also be disappointed.

Pensivia likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll be disappointed by it arriving earlier then 2020 or later? :p