main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Better Call Saul (Spoilers within)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Tight! Tight, tight! Yeah!

yankee8255, Darth Punk and harpua like this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I gotta agree with Diggy, I think. We've gotten a great balance between the familiar and the new. Somebody completely unfamiliar with BB can watch this show, easily, and fans of BB can, obviously, watch this show and enjoy it.

The Tuco tie-in has all sorts of potential--I mean, he's tied to the Cartel, which is tied to Gus, who Mike ends up working for, etc... ) There's a lot to play with here, and I love it.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, remember that in BB Saul didn't even know who Gus was until Walt told him, so we can't have much interaction there. And Mike was first introduced as Saul's go-to "cleaner," so I think we'll probably see him more in that capacity once everything is set up.

And the meth trade in ABQ was different before Walt came along. Krazy 8 controlled at least some of ABQ (Tuco took over when Walt killed him) and Gus didn't manufacture his own meth. Assuming the actors are available, I imagine that we'll see Krazy 8 and Emilio (how Jesse knew about Saul).

I'm hoping for new antagonists as we know the fates of all these guys. The guy at the law firm doesn't cut it, and he may not even be that bad a person. Saul's mentor is kind of nuts.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, that mentor guy is his brother.

In my tag up there, I wasn't talking about Saul's story line, really, I was talking about Mike's. He's a loved character, and I'm sure (well, I'm hoping, anyway) that there will be some good Mike side story lines, as well. We don't really know if he started 'working for' Saul/Jimmy or became employed by Gus first, or of they happened at the same time. Who knows? Lots of potential there.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, I keep forgetting they're supposed to be brothers because the age gap seems big.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    What's the spoiler policy in this thread, anyway Jabbadabbado ? How long do things need to be behind tags. We had our own rhythm going in the other thread.

7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I say everything's fair game after airing. There's no point in having a thread if we have to hide everything behind annoying spoiler tags.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, hope to see lots of good Mike stories along the way. And Gus, by extension. Gus is a great character, and I'd like to see some more about his rise to power.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yep. Also, if you haven't seen the latest episode, why do you even want to come in here for discussion anyway?

harpua likes this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Agreed... a spoilers warning should be added to the title, for the stupid, though. :p

11. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'd say just go with the flow. Most posters are courteous enough to wait something like 12 hours before dropping spoiler tags on new episodes - or that's the way it seems to play out in the Walking Dead thread.

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Loved, loved this episode, in particular: the opening scenes in Omaha, Saul visiting his sick brother, the Slippin' Jimmy scene and of course Tuco's appearance. Diggy's correct, this had the right mix of the familiar & new. Also rather enjoyed Saul's use of great material from Network, and then scolding the Hamlin Hamlin & McGill board for not recognizing the reference (that, or their just tired of his antics, and thus didn't care for it).

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If an episode has been aired, then you are stupid to go to a thread dedicated to that show if you haven't seen it yet.

14. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    It felt good to be back in Albuquerque.

That was a great opening sequence.

harpua and Darth Tunes like this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That opening sequence was classic and brilliant Vince Gilligan work. Excited for tonight.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I listened to the Slate podcast and recommend it.

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Where are these podcasts located?

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I have an app on my phone to get them. But if you don't have your smart phone yet, you can listen to the Slate one here: http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts.html?wpisrc=burger_bar

I'm not sure if the Insider ones have a website, but I'll look into it.

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That desert scene was insane.

Also, I'm glad Nacho (aka Vic the **** from Orphan Black) was introduced. New guy whose story we don't really know.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    The highlights for Mijio: Jimmy's Saul's negotiation with Tuco in the desert; his talk with Nacho at his "cozy" office; his discussion with his brother over the space blanket, and the montage towards the end. A minor complaint: some of the scenes in Tuco's house could have been trimmed. Nonetheless, the fine start for this series continues.

Also, until these two episodes, I didn't know that Míriam Colón (who played Tony Montana's mother, among other roles) was still alive. :p

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Loved that desert scene. I loved how he just naturally did the lawyer thing and negotiated from death down the the leg thing. He really is the best lawyer ever. :p

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this series. It's clear that it's still finding its own identity, but I've loved what I've seen, so far, and want to see a lot more.

Chuck is an intriguing character.

Darth Punk likes this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    By default:

If you want something different, it has to go on the first post of the theead.

24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That's up to Jabbadabbado

Random 'observation' .... is that salon where his office located the nail salon Saul tried to get Jesse to buy?

25. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    If it were me I'd just say 24 hours, not that I should be the one to decide. There are several Breaking Bad fans in here. Whatever worked in that thread ought to work here.

About the salon, I'll try to check the breaking bad episode to make sure, but I think it's supposed to be the same one.

harpua likes this.