main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Meetings for The Force Awaken

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Feb 8, 2015.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Episode 7 - The Force Awakens - will be published in December of this year.

(Yep, I know, that will give me the Rick Olie award, but I can't find a better beginning for this thread... [face_blush] )

I know that several FanForce groups are planing meetings for this event already and it's a lot of fun to spend time with fellow SW fans. I attented to quite some in the past! So my advice to all new and old members is: Join those meetings and have a good time watching The Force Awakens with other Star Wars fans! You won't get the chance again until Ep8. ;)

Since it's not always easy to find the appropriated meeting threads, I like to create a list of them here. This way you can find one at your place fast. But I need YOUR help. If you find a thread about meeting up for Ep7, which isn't listed in here, please, post it here or send me a PM. I'll add it!

Thanks for your help and have lots of fun waiting for The Force Awakens, the meetings and everything! :D

The list of where SW fans are organising meetings for watching The Force Awakens together:

Europe:

Nordic Countries: Nordic Countries Episode VII meeting
    FF UK: London: Gatherings for the Force Awakens?
    German Speaking FanForce: Episode VII Meeting
    FF France: FFF Signal : Sortie parisienne pour l'episode 7

USA:

South East - Chattanooga, TN: 2015-12-17 - Star Wars Episode VII
    South East - Middle Georgia: The Force Awakens Line Up
    North East - Washington, DC: Star Wars - The Force Awakens Midnight Premiere @ Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun
    Denver, Co: The Force Awakens Premiere - Continental RPX
    Mid West - Lou KY: The Force Awakens outing planning thread

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The Rocky Mountain Fan Force will definitely be taking over a theater in Denver somewhere. As soon as I have details either I or our CR, he-guy will post them.
    Exciting times to be a SW fan!

Skiara likes this.
  3. SpeederBikeGirl

SpeederBikeGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2015
    I am in the UK and have added a message to the UK FanForce and message trail in WNU which Skiara kindly set up. Would be great to generate interest in meet-ups for fans all over the world. The Rocky Mountain Fan Force sounds fun but unfortunately I doubt I would be able to afford the air fare/accommodation to Denver especially as I already have 3 holidays booked for this year.....

Flapjack4 likes this.
  4. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Chattooine (Chattanooga's FanForce) will be at Carmike East Ridge on opening day at at least the day after. There will be costuming by a lot of us, a costume contest for others that show up, trivia, and probably some other stuff once we get it worked out. I'll be making occasional posts about it in our section of the forum as details become more clear.

Skiara likes this.
  5. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
  6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Vesper2112! I've added your meeting thread. :)

Vesper2112 likes this.
  7. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
  8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, Orwick! :) I've added your meeting thread. Good luck and much fun! :)

9. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Tentative plans are for a 7 PM showing Thursday night at the Continental theater in Denver, Colorado. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-force-awakens-premiere-continental-rpx.50033469/

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    DieWompRatDie likes this.
  11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN group is now doing Dec 17th, 18th, and 19th viewings. We'll be costuming as well (7:00pm EST each night) and a group viewing afterwards (normally around 10:00pm EST.

Skiara likes this.
  12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Updated the opening post a few times.