main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting Unofficial Star War Cruise - April 2nd, 2016 (Disney Cruise Line)

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Orwick, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    As you may know, Disney Cruiseline recently announced a Star Wars 'Day at Sea' promotion for several sailing dates in 2016. Hit the link for Disney's writeup.

I was super excited about this announcement, being a huge fan of both Star Wars and Disney. After it was announced on the Disney Parks blog, the owner of Bliss Vacation (a certified Disney travel agent) contacted me to see if my local Star Wars club would be interested in booking one of the cruises that featured a Star Wars day. We thought...why stop at just a few Star Wars fans, why don't we try to get as many as possible. That's why I'm reaching out to you here.

We thought that there is a great opportunity to not only celebrate Star Wars for one day on a cruise, but to organize an entire Star Wars focused cruise. Think of it as a mini-celebrations at sea, with possible events like panels, signings, viewings, costumes contests, and possibilities for much more. We are dubbing this the Unofficial Star Wars Cruise

[​IMG]

Its our goal to get as many Star Wars fans as possible on board the April 2nd sailing date to celebrate our favorite films at sea, and we organized a dedicated Facebook group here for that purpose:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/374450812734987/

If you are interested in more info, comment on this thread, joint the Facebook group, and we'll get things moving. Spread the word to your friends and family. This will be cruise to remember.

2. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    It'd be funny if the staff dressed up as Imperials and acted in character. With the interior of the cruise ship designed like a star destroyer and an Admiral Ozzel look alike as the captain. With roleplay encouraged.

3. Orwick

Orwick Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2014
    I know they plan on having some characters in costume. Here's to hoping we get an Admiral Ackbar.