main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Latino review: JJ Abrams is frontrunner to direct IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    BB

2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    ... and M:I 4 was great.

3. kwisatzh

Sep 30, 2014
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    EP7: $1.6 billion
    EP8: $1.0 billion

Get JJ back asap.......

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    They REALLY want to nail a release date for Episode 9 apparently. They likely want to peg down a date in the summer 2017 so getting a director is imminent.

This is like a casting rumor. The minute someone is mentioned, they are the front runner.

Tomorrow we'll hear that Cuaron is the front runner and close to a contract. Then Matthew Vaughn will be confirmed the day after.

Remember Tatiana Maslany? She was confirmed for the female role in the spin-off, eh? And lest we forget Cumberbatch and Plemons.

Dewback and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't think it was ever even rumored that she was confirmed. What I do think though is that a lot of people wanted such a confirmation regarding her.

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Why did they fire him? I know the guy that ran Chud warned Faraci to stop trolling their forum a few years ago which began a falling out between the two of them.

8. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I thought Johnson, in addition to writing and directing Episode 8, was also writing Episode 9. The story about Lawrence says that Lawrence is writing it.

Can someone post a picture of the Great Salt Lake? Because that's the amount of salt required for this.

9. kwisatzh

Sep 30, 2014
    lol this thread is slowly becoming the yellow press for geek journalism careers--

10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think Francis Lawrence has ever had a story credit on any of his movies (I could be wrong about that), he's a strong journeyman director though.

11. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I am sure Disney wants JJ back. The question as always been does JJ want to be tied down to a project for several years. He is the type that wants to dabble in a lot of different entities.

13. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I would call. George Lucas. To direct episode 9.

my kind of scum likes this.
  14. kwisatzh

Sep 30, 2014
    05591-974 8843 742

15. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    For the record, Lawrence is NOT a writer. He's only produced and directed and never wrote anything. So, there's that little tidbit.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well, just for the record, I'm always available to direct, Disney.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    No offense to Abrams, and I am excited that he's in the director's chair for TFA, but he ain't ALL THAT, people. There are a lot of exciting directors out there (Bird, Cuaron, Nolan, Mendes, Gilroy, Vaughn, Ayer, Blomkamp, etc.) that could bring fresh takes to a Star Wars movie, and frankly even if TFA is beloved and a hit, I still don't think that earns Abrams the right to be brought back as director so soon. I want to see what other directors can do with SW, and, like the OT, see three slightly different takes on this unique universe for the ST.

I do like the idea of Abrams being an executive producer on Eps 8 and 9, to help maintain some continuity and to be available to the current director as a consultant, brainstormer, advice-giver, and, if needed, a collaborator.

18. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Lucas would be my first choice as well. However, the actors seem very happy with J.J. so I wouldn't mind him as the second choice.

19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Lucas has said he's retiring from directing big movies, and is focusing on producing and making "art films" of his own. Besides, he sold Lucasfilm, he's not going to go back to Star Wars and be an employee of the company he built himself.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Who doesn't like dabbling in a lot of different entities?[face_devil]

21. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I think Disney would be out of their minds to not ask Cuaron if he'd like to direct the 3rd film. But of course, Cuaron may not want or be able to...

As for Francis Lawrence, the only film of his I've seen is the 2nd Hunger Games. And while I didn't think the film was amazing, I seem to remember that his visual style wasn't bad. But yeah. He's not a very exciting pick, IMO.

I think they should go with a really good director to close out the series. Cuaron's at the top of my list, and Weir and Scott might not be bad either. A Hire Cuaron campaign might be a good idea right now...

22. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I must admit I didn't know much about Lawrence before looking him up. I've seen three of the films he's directed and nothing jumped out at me enough to post an image of someone shooting themselves at the thought of him. He wouldn't be a particularly exciting choice but he's no Uwe Boll.

23. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014

Disney won't go near him.

I'd be more than happy with JJ back.

24. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Francis Lawrence used IMAX cameras for the whole Arena scene in the 2nd Hunger Games, 40 plus minutes

25. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    I think it's safe to say at the moment that Rian Johnson is probably going to at least write Episode 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.